The Xbox One - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey, I started a new Thread!!

I actually remembered The Order, but forgot it was exclusive. It looked kind of meh to me. Evil Within in the survival horror game I'm looking at.

and LBP, the most important one of all :D

I keep forgetting these games exist. I like the idea and level editing, but I've always found the gameplay and physics fairly mediocre.

Sack Boy > Mario.

Truth bomb!

hattersd2fgh.gif

Yeah, the gameplay in LBP is really floaty and slow. Everything just feels a bit too wonky.

LBP is one of the most over rated franchises in video game history. Anyone (including you Pat) that says it's better than Mario is on some heavy drugs. :p

Floaty controls suck. I don't care if that's it's intention.. It sucks.

Haha I didn't say LBP was better than Mario. I said Sack Boy is better than Mario. Dude has swag, Mario is lame sauce

Microsoft really should revive some Rare franchises. Give that studio some new life. Perfect Dark, Conker... hell Battletoads.

It's not going to win them a console war, but they just have them lying around.

I have no idea why they haven't used Perfect Dark properly? The one that launched with the 360 was a joke, and the remake was cool and all, but a new version would be nice. Conker would also be an easy one to do, which also has a lot of loyal fans. As for something like Battletoads, they should just do an HD remake of the original, and put in on XBLA.

They're just wasting their IPs away.

I got the sense that they bought Rare entirely just to cripple Nintendo. They didn't seem to have any interest in their franchises, which is odd.

I think they were scared what a good Perfect Dark could do for the Gamecube.

One of the reasons Perfect Dark Zero turned into such a mediocre game is because Microsoft gutted the company. The final product was made by about 25 people. So, all things considered, the game out came pretty good.

Microsoft really should revive some Rare franchises. Give that studio some new life. Perfect Dark, Conker... hell Battletoads.

It's not going to win them a console war, but they just have them lying around.

Nintendo should just buy those franchises, they would actually make good games with them and be where they belong. :p

Rare's value has diminished though. The people who made it great have all left thanks to Microsoft's management of the company. As a result Perfect Dark, and Banjo have lost their cachet.

If Nintendo was smart (or at least more interested in making money) they would buy Capcom out.

Rare's value has diminished though. The people who made it great have all left thanks to Microsoft's management of the company. As a result Perfect Dark, and Banjo have lost their cachet.

If Nintendo was smart (or at least more interested in making money) they would buy Capcom out.

I think Nintendo could do alot of good with the likes of Conker, Banjo, and Perfect Dark more than Microsoft in the form of Retro Studios. Who to me is basically Nintnedo's Rare of today. I will forever be saddened not to get the true Banjo-Threeie. Rare as a company I no longer care for, but their legacy of the 90s I will forever cherish. A Hat in Time (a indie game trying to follow in the footsteps of 3D platformers like SM64 and Banjo-Kazooie) will hopefully bring some of that old Rare-like feels back to me.

I got the sense that they bought Rare entirely just to cripple Nintendo. They didn't seem to have any interest in their franchises, which is odd.

Allegedly, they thought they were getting Donkey Kong in the deal, so that's possible if that is true. I personally have never really bought that rumor, though.

I think Nintendo could do alot of good with the likes of Conker, Banjo, and Perfect Dark more than Microsoft in the form of Retro Studios. Who to me is basically Nintnedo's Rare of today. I will forever be saddened not to get the true Banjo-Threeie. Rare as a company I no longer care for, but their legacy of the 90s I will forever cherish. A Hat in Time (a indie game trying to follow in the footsteps of 3D platformers like SM64 and Banjo-Kazooie) will hopefully bring some of that old Rare-like feels back to me.

I think had the whole thing with Rare happened just a few years later, Nintendo would've bought them instead of passing on the buyout. They never really seemed to actively buy other companies in the N64 era. It wasn't until the GC time period that they started doing that.

Last edited:
Yeah DK360 would of been saddening, I kinda wished Microsoft kept with Blinx and Voodoo Vince and trying to make their own unique platformers. I have alot of love for the Original Xbox stuff more than 360 and One.

Or Donkey Kong Country Returns! :D

XB1 games with gold are Guacamelee Super Edition (debutes free.. Pretty cool) and .. Max, again.

Kind of lazy to just keep a game on rotation as te "second game" but maybe that's the way that they're only gonna offer one free a month on the One.. While saying "well hey, there's two there!"

Max again? That's so lame to have it 2 months in a row.

What are the 360 games?

I'll definitely play Gotham Guardians. I heard that was fun.

Not sure what Battle Block Theater is. :hmm

Edit: Do you mean Gotham City Imposters?

BattleBlock Theater is from the same people who made Castle Crashers and Alien Hominid, its awesome. I thought Gotham City Imposters was shut down? Although I haven't played in months...got it free on PS Plus and enjoyed it for a while but just got distracted by other games and forgot about it. Its like Team Fortress 2...but Batman themed.

XB1 games with gold are Guacamelee Super Edition (debutes free.. Pretty cool) and .. Max, again.

Kind of lazy to just keep a game on rotation as te "second game" but maybe that's the way that they're only gonna offer one free a month on the One.. While saying "well hey, there's two there!"

WTF. Thats some garbage releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back