The Xbox One - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? I thought it was still around.

Shows what I know.

Yeah, they ended it bc like you said, no one was buying it :awesome:

however, one thing that I'm still raging inside about is all the exclusive games sony lost last generation, especially tekken. it's also rage towards sony for not thinking keep those games exclusive was important.
No they did better. Its 2014. Focusing on paying for third party exclusivity is such an antiquated way of doing business. Instead of wasting money on timed exclusivity, they saved that money and poured into their own studios. Sony did a great job of strengthening the PlayStation brand last gen. They are no Nintendo, but they have a large stable of internally owned franchises which they created. The likes of Uncharted, Infamous, The Last of Us, LBP, etc... will never go on a MS console unless they cut the PS division. Their decisions with how they handled software last gen put them in a much stronger position going into this gen.

Last edited:
Yeah, they ended it bc like you said, no one was buying it :awesome:

No they did better. Its 2014. Focusing on paying for third party exclusivity is such an antiquated way of doing business. Instead of wasting money on timed exclusivity, they saved that money and poured into their own studios. Sony did a great job of strengthening the PlayStation brand last gen. They are no Nintendo, but they have a large stable of internally owned franchises which they created. The likes of Uncharted, Infamous, The Last of Us, LBP, etc... will never go on a MS console unless they cut the PS division. Their decisions with how they handled software last gen put them in a much stronger position going into this gen.

I disagree. 1st party exclusives are just not enough, not enough for playstation which for the golden age of its lifetime so far, had a generation defined by several 3rd party exclusives. There were a lot of 3rd party exclusives very strongly identified with the playstation 2, and in my opinion even stronger than the identification its 7th gen IPs had with the Ps3.

I think microsoft are just as good as nintendo in strength of 1st party franchises, they just don't have as many.

another thing about is me that I won't sit here and continuously say that the xbone is doomed, a failure, or will never catch up to the Ps4. I've mentioned more than enough that I think that the evening out will happen, and soon.

I disagree. 1st party exclusives are just not enough, not enough for playstation which for the golden age of its lifetime so far, had a generation defined by several 3rd party exclusives. There were a lot of 3rd party exclusives very strongly identified with the playstation 2, and in my opinion even stronger than the identification its 7th gen IPs had with the Ps3.

I think microsoft are just as good as nintendo in strength of 1st party franchises, they just don't have as many.

another thing about is me that I won't sit here and continuously say that the xbone is doomed, a failure, or will never catch up to the Ps4. I've mentioned more than enough that I think that the evening out will happen, and soon.
Times have changed. The market is different now than it was in 2001 or 1995. Most companies simply can not afford to make and release games on only one console. Production costs are higher than ever, as is marketing and there was that thing called a recession. With all of this the prices of games have not gone up so the return per title is less. Releasing on multiple consoles is a necessity. How many 3rd party exclusives are truly exclusives these days? Most are just timed and IMO, those are the biggest waste of money. Why do people need their console to have that? So you can have something to brag about? That's money that is better spent elsewhere. Sony as a company took a major hit the last several years. Its its PS division that has been successful and keeping them afloat. They weren't exactly in the best financial position to just waste money paying for timed exclusives

And MS as strong as Nintendo when it comes to 1st party franchises? Nope.

3rd party deals for games or exclusive content and early access need to die now. Release 3rd party stuff everywhere and invest it in long term 1st party franchises instead.

Gears and Remedy games have been selling fine on one console. I don't see anything wrong with 3rd party exclusives or how they're any lesser than ones from 1st party studios.

But those are second party games which is totally fine since they're practically first party games anyways. But from a gamer perspective, there is no reason to deny all gamers high quality third party games.

Gears and Remedy games have been selling fine on one console. I don't see anything wrong with 3rd party exclusives or how they're any lesser than ones from 1st party studios.

You are the only one that keeps repeating this. Ive yet to see anyone actually write that

But those are second party games which is totally fine since they're practically first party games anyways. But from a gamer perspective, there is no reason to deny all gamers high quality third party games.

Yes, theres a difference between third and second party titles

I honestly don't really mind exclusive content. But hogging a multiplatform franchise, that should not become a thing.

When people say MS needs to invest in first party studios rather than 3rd party exclusive deals, that's implying the former is a better investment than the latter.

Times have changed. The market is different now than it was in 2001 or 1995. Most companies simply can not afford to make and release games on only one console. Production costs are higher than ever, as is marketing and there was that thing called a recession. With all of this the prices of games have not gone up so the return per title is less. Releasing on multiple consoles is a necessity. How many 3rd party exclusives are truly exclusives these days? Most are just timed and IMO, those are the biggest waste of money. Why do people need their console to have that? So you can have something to brag about? That's money that is better spent elsewhere. Sony as a company took a major hit the last several years. Its its PS division that has been successful and keeping them afloat. They weren't exactly in the best financial position to just waste money paying for timed exclusives

And MS as strong as Nintendo when it comes to 1st party franchises? Nope.
if it takes money to secure the 3rd party exclusives then so be it. it's a good investment. tomb raider will shift consoles no matter how people will try to deny it. question is how long will it be exclusive. but microsoft should've paid to keep it exclusive forever.

Then be a real gamer and own multiple consoles.

When people say MS needs to invest in first party studios rather than 3rd party exclusive deals, that's implying the former is a better investment than the latter.

that does not = first party games are better than third party titles

Damn skippy.

Also not a Rare franchise, but I would love to see a new Crimson Skies.

Kinda hoping that MS will eventually update the smart glass with the Kinect voice options as tappable options in app... So instead of me being unable to 'Record That' due to my speech issues, I can just tap the command on the app instead and not lose a fun/cool moment online.

It's not. 3rd Party Exclusives are great too. But rather than stealing away a Title that has been Mutiplat, they should use that same Money to invest in a new IP, developed by a 3rd Party. When games like Bayonetta 2 go exclusive, it's understandable. Since without the support of Nintendo, the game probably wouldn't have happened. But Square-Enix isn't a company that struggles so much, that they need to make their game a console exclusive, or otherwise it wouldn't get made.

It's not. 3rd Party Exclusives are great too. But rather than stealing away a Title that has been Mutiplat, they should use that same Money to invest in a new IP, developed by a 3rd Party. When games like Bayonetta 2 go exclusive, it's understandable. Since without the support of Nintendo, the game probably wouldn't have happened. But Square-Enix isn't a company that struggles so much, that they need to make their game a console exclusive, or otherwise it wouldn't get made.

i heard se actually are kinda struggling tho. in fact i find it shocking that uncharted 2 and 3 sold better than tomb raider

500GB Xbox 360 Media Drive unveiled, priced $110

(24 minutes ago)

Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Xbox 360. Its nine-year mission: to explore strange new games, and to seek out new hard drives to put them on. To boldly go where no console has gone before - 500GB!

Yes, okay, other consoles have boldly gone onto 500GB but the new box is the biggest Media Drive yet for Xbox 360. It's also $20 cheaper than the current 320GB edition, coming in at $110 on retail shelves stateside. As for when it'll hit them, Captain Larry Hyrb simply says "it's on the way," while Xbox.com lists pre-orders as "coming soon."
[Image: Microsoft]​

500GB Xbox 360 Media Drive unveiled, priced $110

(24 minutes ago)

Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Xbox 360. Its nine-year mission: to explore strange new games, and to seek out new hard drives to put them on. To boldly go where no console has gone before - 500GB!

Yes, okay, other consoles have boldly gone onto 500GB but the new box is the biggest Media Drive yet for Xbox 360. It's also $20 cheaper than the current 320GB edition, coming in at $110 on retail shelves stateside. As for when it'll hit them, Captain Larry Hyrb simply says "it's on the way," while Xbox.com lists pre-orders as "coming soon."
[Image: Microsoft]​

is it as easy to swap 360 hds as it is for Ps3?

Shame it didn't come out a couple of years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"