Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

congrats Vartha for your reappointment to the modship of thunder

Woohoo!!!! I was actually just thinking about asking when you were going to get your mod status back :)

Vartha's back to being a mod.... all is now right with the world :woot:
I hope it is lol

I am going to watch a couple more times before I decide on a final rating, but unfortunately I find it hasn't been as good with repeat viewings. IDK, maybe I was having a bad night when I last watched it on Saturday...

I thought I may have been having a bad day when I watched it 2nd time and didnt enjoy it as much, but then a 3rd viewing I disliked it even more. I just think the disappointment factor will always be there for this movie.

Thanks guys, just hope we got stuff settled

What was the issue if you dont mind me asking?

I thought I may have been having a bad day when I watched it 2nd time and didnt enjoy it as much, but then a 3rd viewing I disliked it even more. I just think the disappointment factor will always be there for this movie.

What was the issue if you dont mind me asking?
My Hype Account was hacked. Check your pm for more

What? As far as I remember you werent too impressed with this movie either?

Overall I was impressed, sure I have a nice amount of gripes but not enough to say the film was a "disaster".

I love Darcy but I agree the intern wasn't necessary.

Over all I thought this flick was pretty awesome. That one Frigga scene shouldn't have been cut and Malekith... well there is nothing wrong with "I want to destroy the universe because reasons"-type villains, except they're really easy and so they've been done to death.

Somehow Taylor managed to get even more sci-fi while making the whole thing feel more medievalish, which was cool. I loved the feel of the thing. I was all prepared to hate spaceship flying, laser rifle toting Dark Elves but it totally worked.

At this point, having only seen it twice I would give this a solid B, maybe even a B+.

Pretty much my feelings, except I don't really like or dislike Darcy she's just "meh" imo.

Over all I thought this flick was pretty awesome. That one Frigga scene shouldn't have been cut and Malekith... well there is nothing wrong with "I want to destroy the universe because reasons"-type villains, except they're really easy and so they've been done to death.

Somehow Taylor managed to get even more sci-fi while making the whole thing feel more medievalish, which was cool. I loved the feel of the thing. I was all prepared to hate spaceship flying, laser rifle toting Dark Elves but it totally worked.

At this point, having only seen it twice I would give this a solid B, maybe even a B+.

It's the mishmash of elements and genres that made me love this movie and set it apart from the other movies.

FINALLY got the digital of TDW working on I-Tunes. I needed an update and everything works.
Heh I screen captured the shot of Heimdall turning on the shields and I'm using it as the Lock out screen on my laptop lol

Curious what all the extra links do. There's links to sites and the Thor game app in the exras

lol
1796668_10152070622118801_717495493_n.jpg

The Frigga scene was clearly cut due to her discussion with Loki being movied and the following scene can't be used as anything but Thor's arrival at Asgard. I haven't really thought too much about what they achieve by moving that scene so I can't say if I disagree with that or not, but at least the deleted scene wasn't cut for it's own content. It would have been nice to have it in though.

I don't have any problems with wanting to destroy everything because of selfish/evil reasons because while it's been done, so has the kind of villain you can identify with more as well (for example Loki, who's in every Thor movie). The extra scenes we've heard about doesn't change Malekith's motivation either, they just expand on him so we get to see more details and that would certainly have been nice. There's a clear parallel between Malekith and Odin in the movie and I think that would have been stronger with the scene of Malekith remembering his own family.

I agree that Taylor managed to increase both the sci-fi and medieval elements very well and I hope his (and the people that actually created it) vision of Asgard and the characters is the one they are sticking with. I'm very impressed with how he merged the two and made it feel natural. One interesting aspect for me is that I think the fantasy element might actually help explain, or cover up, some logical issues that pure sci-fi often struggles with for me. For example it's often extremely hard to show advanced societies that have developed for thousands of years, but with fantasy you have tropes of both the old things being powerful and that things don't have to change as much, which makes this go down easier for me than some other examples in the genre.

Overall I was impressed, sure I have a nice amount of gripes but not enough to say the film was a "disaster".

I wouldnt call the movie a disaster either, I actually said, for me personally, phase 2 is bordering on disaster because I havent really liked any of the movies so far and they have both disappointed me.

Thankfully it seems Cap 2 is going to change that.

Mjölnir;28159901 said:
The Frigga scene was clearly cut due to her discussion with Loki being movied and the following scene can't be used as anything but Thor's arrival at Asgard. I haven't really thought too much about what they achieve by moving that scene so I can't say if I disagree with that or not, but at least the deleted scene wasn't cut for it's own content. It would have been nice to have it in though.

I don't have any problems with wanting to destroy everything because of selfish/evil reasons because while it's been done, so has the kind of villain you can identify with more as well (for example Loki, who's in every Thor movie). The extra scenes we've heard about doesn't change Malekith's motivation either, they just expand on him so we get to see more details and that would certainly have been nice. There's a clear parallel between Malekith and Odin in the movie and I think that would have been stronger with the scene of Malekith remembering his own family.

I agree that Taylor managed to increase both the sci-fi and medieval elements very well and I hope his (and the people that actually created it) vision of Asgard and the characters is the one they are sticking with. I'm very impressed with how he merged the two and made it feel natural. One interesting aspect for me is that I think the fantasy element might actually help explain, or cover up, some logical issues that pure sci-fi often struggles with for me. For example it's often extremely hard to show advanced societies that have developed for thousands of years, but with fantasy you have tropes of both the old things being powerful and that things don't have to change as much, which makes this go down easier for me than some other examples in the genre.

Malekiths emotions didnt need to be changed, but it just would have been nice to have them and him fleshed out so we could at least understand them more. In the finished movie, he is just a non-entity.

I like purely evil villains just as much as sympathetic ones when they are done well, Malekith just wasnt.

By the way, the Loki god of mischief extra from Vudu is just the Hall H Loki video

So are the Dark Elves completely done now that Malekith has fallen or is there enough left for them to pick up the pieces of their broken culture and move on?
Oh and from the latest AoS it really seems like Lorelei will be as much Enchantress as we are going to get.

So are the Dark Elves completely done now that Malekith has fallen or is there enough left for them to pick up the pieces of their broken culture and move on?
Oh and from the latest AoS it really seems like Lorelei will be as much Enchantress as we are going to get.

Well there's always Thor 3, I wouldn't count Enchantress out yet.

I wouldnt call the movie a disaster either, I actually said, for me personally, phase 2 is bordering on disaster because I havent really liked any of the movies so far and they have both disappointed me.

Thankfully it seems Cap 2 is going to change that.

There's only been 2 movies in Phase 2 so far, we have like 3 left so there's still a lot of time left.

Well, based on tonight's episode of AOS, we now know for sure that Thor still doesn't know that Coulson is alive and well.

Malekiths emotions didnt need to be changed, but it just would have been nice to have them and him fleshed out so we could at least understand them more. In the finished movie, he is just a non-entity.

I like purely evil villains just as much as sympathetic ones when they are done well, Malekith just wasnt.

I don't even think it's that, I understand his motivations perfectly. I just wanted to see more of him because they had created a good look and presence for him. That and pushing harder on the parallel I spoke of.

I don't have that many issues with the movie, I mainly just want to see more of certain things.

By the way, the Loki god of mischief extra from Vudu is just the Hall H Loki video
Is it the full 4+ minutes of it, or is it the trimmed down, 2 1/2 min. version that Marvel released?

I took the inclusion of Lorelei in Agents of SHIELD as pretty much a guarantee that Amora will show up in the films. No way they don't show her big sister. However, I'm sure they wanted to save that reveal for the films as they'll undoubtedly want to cast a bigger name.

And Thor: The Dark World rocked. Loved it.

As far as Malekith, he didn't strike me a pure evil but more a being with a singular purpose (albeit warped). In his mind, undoing the creation of this universe was perfectly justified because he was restoring things to the way they should be. His hatred of Asgard and the line of Bor was palpable by his destruction of Odin's throne. I of course would've loved to have seen more of his story flushed out but I got the gist of what he was about in the few scenes we saw. I wouldn't say he was one dimensional. We just didn't get to know enough about him. The dialogue between him and Algrim hinted that there was more to this than we really know.

I will admit I'm puzzled that Thor got such a short run time. The exclusion of deleted scenes from the Blu-Ray that Taylor has mentioned in interviews makes me suspicious of the Marvel/Disney brass. Are they afraid we will all be wondering why in the world they weren't in the movie? Or are they trying to milk us so we double dip on a Phase 2 set down the road?

Or are they trying to milk us so we double dip on a Phase 2 set down the road?
This.
(And I do hope we get it around here, this time. I'm still waiting for a release of the Phase I boxset. Curse you, Disney and your anglocentric release schedules :cmad:)

Is it the full 4+ minutes of it, or is it the trimmed down, 2 1/2 min. version that Marvel released?
um Not sure really lol the whole thing is 5 and half minutes BUT Fiege and crew are talking about Loki, and Tom being able to bring him to life

As far as Malekith, he didn't strike me a pure evil but more a being with a singular purpose (albeit warped). In his mind, undoing the creation of this universe was perfectly justified because he was restoring things to the way they should be. His hatred of Asgard and the line of Bor was palpable by his destruction of Odin's throne. I of course would've loved to have seen more of his story flushed out but I got the gist of what he was about in the few scenes we saw. I wouldn't say he was one dimensional. We just didn't get to know enough about him. The dialogue between him and Algrim hinted that there was more to this than we really know.

I will admit I'm puzzled that Thor got such a short run time. The exclusion of deleted scenes from the Blu-Ray that Taylor has mentioned in interviews makes me suspicious of the Marvel/Disney brass. Are they afraid we will all be wondering why in the world they weren't in the movie? Or are they trying to milk us so we double dip on a Phase 2 set down the road?
how can you say he's not evil? He KILLED over Half his RACE in order to obtain the power of the Aether. See, this is was gets me, just because Malekith doesn't overreact all the time like Loki tends to people don't see him threatening.
He was a step worse than Zod if you think about it. Malekith was wanting to replace the WHOLE GALAXY with his own.
That's the one part of the film I think is messed up. They should have gone with ENGLISH rather than Dark Elvish. It would have translated better what a nut job Mal really is

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"