Thor's box office competition - Part 2

Yeah I loved the art for the series but that was about it.

Yeah! I just found out a cinema in my city offers a double feature with Cap, when Cap comes out in August! So I might see Thor a fourth time before I buy the DVD (which is, of course, if we get a different cover art for the DVD)

Last edited:
Yeah! I just found out a cinema in my city offers a double feature with Cap, when Cap comes out in August! So I might see Thor a fourth thime before I buy the DVD (which is, of course, if we get a different cover art for the DVD)
DANG I hope mine does that!

Thor did slightly better than we thought. $575, 000 and up 43% on last week. Outgrossing what it made 2 weekends ago!

On the path to Outgrossing Wolverine
Thor (day 66) $178 739 971
Wolverine (day 66) $178 341 745

Last edited:
Thor did slightly better than we thought. $575, 000 and up 43% on last week. Outgrossing what it made 2 weekends ago!

On the path to Outgrossing Wolverine
Thor (day 66) $178 739 971
Wolverine (day 66) $178 341 745

Awesome. I was really relieved that Thor was a financial success. I loved it but that doesn't equal $$.

Fingers crossed for Cap.

thor did slightly better than we thought. $575, 000 and up 43% on last week. Outgrossing what it made 2 weekends ago!

On the path to outgrossing wolverine
thor (day 66) $178 739 971
wolverine (day 66) $178 341 745
nice!

Thor retained its second wind through monday
$93,836 Higher than the Monday total two weeks ago ($74,284)
total: $178, 833, 807 So £179M by Wednesday maybe?

I'd would say its because Transformers got such bad reviews but TF is doing very well and reviews have never hurt it before so I'm stumped.

so the 180 M domestic target is not unreachable after all hehe. and 450 M ww is not unreachable too :cwink::cwink:

Thor retained its second wind through monday
$93,836 Higher than the Monday total two weeks ago ($74,284)
total: $178, 833, 807 So £179M by Wednesday maybe?

I'd would say its because Transformers got such bad reviews but TF is doing very well and reviews have never hurt it before so I'm stumped.

The only thing I can possibly think of to account for Thor's uptick in audience numbers is that it's viewings by people who know that both he and Cap are connected to the Avengers, so they want to see his movie (or see it one last time) right before CA comes out.

It's pretty impressive for Thor's bo take to be increasing considering the dearth of screens, though. (There is no theater showing the movie closer than a 45 minute to 1 hour drive from the Boston area. :( )

amazing thor made 108k on tuesday, much more than last tuesday and last last tuesday :wow::wow: 180 M domestic is definitely achievable, maybe even 182 M tops, os gross not updated in BOM but it's over 444 M ww now....

How much more does Thor need to surpass Wolverine while adjusting for inflation and 3d prices?

The only thing I can possibly think of to account for Thor's uptick in audience numbers is that it's viewings by people who know that both he and Cap are connected to the Avengers, so they want to see his movie (or see it one last time) right before CA comes out.

It's pretty impressive for Thor's bo take to be increasing considering the dearth of screens, though. (There is no theater showing the movie closer than a 45 minute to 1 hour drive from the Boston area. :( )

thats possible, I wonder though if this benefited Thor more than Cap lols. we'll see when CA comes out hehe.

How much more does Thor need to surpass Wolverine while adjusting for inflation and 3d prices?

inflation and 3-d prices is irrelevant at this point, because Thor's foreign haul has eclipsed Wolverine's several weeks back. If you total Thor's domestic and foreign gross and compare that to Wolverine's total domestic and foreign, Thor eclipses Wolverine by more than $71M, which can account for any price difference brought about by inflation and 3-d premium ticket price. It should also be pointed out that both films had a production cost of $150M. But because of inflation, Wolverine's $150M, in terms of actual purchasing power, is more than Thor's $150M. Taking everything into consideration, Thor is the much more successful film than Wolverine already. This whole discussion about beating Wolverine's domestic gross is just for fun. It's just good to shoot for something, while Thor is still playing in theaters.

Last edited:
Only $768,150 to go to beat Wolverine's domestic gross, and that was still way back the 14th of July. Ooooohhhh, can't wait until Thor's weekend numbers are released. I know Thor will not beat Wolverine's domestic this weekend, I just want to see how much the movie still need come next weekend.

thor beating wolverines domestic numbers is big becuse wolverine is more well known and popular!

I just like the idea of a good old fashioned Thor story beating out the over-exposed runt and I didn't think Wolverine was that bad. Its the principle of the matter.

Weekend estimates.

$385,000 for a total of $179,500,007

Weekend estimates.

$385,000 for a total of $179,500,007

Aaarrrgh! you beat me to it! Hahaha!

Just half-a-mil folks and it's $180M, baby!

Worldwide, it's now at $444.5M. Just a mere $5.5M to go for the magic number $450M. Go Thor!

I was looking on Mojo but its regularly breaking down. Potter has broken every record going.

thor beating wolverines domestic numbers is big becuse wolverine is more well known and popular!
Yeah but Wolverine didn't have the 3d boast that Thor did, ticket price inflation also comes into account. Although Thor did pretty good domestically, overseas it where it really shined. Either way, we got ourselves a sequel and I for one am very happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"