TMOS Reviews Thread - Non Spoiler Review and Discussion - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm probably going to seem like an idiot here, but can you or anyone explain to me what pacing means, in regards to movies? I've never really had a clear understanding of what it meant.

Lol! I'd like to better understand what this means too. On second thought I should see the movie first and see if I can figure this out for myself

You pretty much summed it up perfectly.

IMO, if anything, this movie made me realize why STM is so revered. And its not out of a sense of nostalgia.

It's amazing that STM is still not going anywhere, after all these years.

Snyder just isn't a great director.. We all knew it when he got the job and had hope but he can't tell a story.. He just knows visuals..

I think he does a solid job with MOS, but you're right, he's not great. It's evident in the pacing, the way the film was cut and balances is odd. The emotional and physical story arc's don't intersect or intertwine, they flat out create two different films instead.

Seeing it again tomorrow. One of the things that affected my viewing is that I knew too much about the plot, especially certain spoilery points. The same thing happened with Batman Begins, as I had read the script and knew what was going to happen.

I honestly need to stop reading spoilers and following films' productions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"