Supergirl Tyler Hoechlin IS Superman - Part 2

As huge fan of SR/Routh's Superman, this is incredibly welcome news. I really, really hope it's more than the JWS Flash cameo, and and I hope he's playing the SR version of Superman rather than a KC version-- Unless the latter is specifically a natural progression of the the former.

If they get Dean Cain in a cape again for this they've got themselves a trifecta.

I love L&C as much as anyone here if not more, so it pains me to have to say it, but Dean Cain ain’t built for a cape anymore, lads. In more ways than one. :(

Take it with a grain of salt, but this would be cool!

This... would be a mistake, IMO. Kingdom Come is a masterpiece but a grim and brooding Superman wouldn’t play to Routh’s strengths as an actor. He’d be much better utilized if he’s allowed to be optimistic and charismatic.

Not to mention that it may only end up being nothing more than a glorified cameo like how JWS's Flash was for the Elseworlds crossover.

If BR is reprising his SR role then he should technically be the strongest kryptonian on the show since none of the kryptonians on Earth 38 have been shown with the potential to life an island.:o

If anything, I can definitely see his character being one of the many casualties from this event.

Wouldn't Superman lifing an island make this not suitable for the CW?

I love L&C as much as anyone here if not more, so it pains me to have to say it, but Dean Cain ain’t built for a cape anymore, lads. In more ways than one. :(

:argh: No less than George Reeves!

They should bring back Jeff East as a Golden Age Superman.

This... would be a mistake, IMO. Kingdom Come is a masterpiece but a grim and brooding Superman wouldn’t play to Routh’s strengths as an actor. He’d be much better utilized if he’s allowed to be optimistic and charismatic.

Really? A common criticism leveled against SR was that it was too somber, too melancholy. Seems to me that Routh could handle a “grim and brooding” Superman with little difficulty. :word:

Even if Tom Welling doesn't want to wear the suit, can't they get him back for an alternate earth Superman who doesn't want to wear a costume? Or just wears that long black coat and Superman T-shirt?

smallville%20clark%20kent%20trench%20coat-525x600.jpg

If they wanted a Kingdom Come Superman, they should get Tim Daly.

I highly doubt that is going to happen. Just talk....

Madam Secretary is ending this year (or beginning of next year) with a shortened final season. After that, they could get Tim Daly on Supergirl for a role.

And how about George Newbern?

Would be nice, but...

This is going in circles since I said they could've gotten Tim Daly instead in response to them getting Brandon Routh.

I guess the bigger question is which Superman will be killed off in Crisis.

I wouldn't put it past the producers to kill off both versions of Superman.

I guess the bigger question is which Superman will be killed off in Crisis.

I wouldn't put it past the producers to kill off both versions of Superman.

They'll definitely kill off Kingdom Come since this is Brandon Routh's goodbye to Superman.

They need to show Tyler's Superman married to Lois and having a child named Jon Kent.

If they kill off both Supermen, we'd be left with no Superman at all and he's not on WB's priority for films either.

Arrowverse Superman will have just had a kid with Lois. They wouldn't kill off a new father like that. "Mean-spirited" is not their thing.

Obviously Kingdom Come Supes will die.

Arrowverse Superman will have just had a kid with Lois. They wouldn't kill off a new father like that. "Mean-spirited" is not their thing.

Obviously Kingdom Come Supes will die.

Kingdom Come Superman will have lost Lois and everything else that connects to his Humanity.

Last edited:
Kingdom Come Superman will have Lois and everything else that connects to his Humanity.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the KC version of Superman lose his version of Lois (courtesy of the Joker) which resulted in him retiring for awhile and becoming isolated from society?

If they had the time, I feel like there's story potential in seeing the two versions of Superman interact on that notion alone. The KC version played by Brandon will be one that lost everything while the Arrowverse version is one who's probably the happiest that he's ever been with having Lois as his wife and their newborn child.

With everything that's going on, along with the Legends being involved, I honestly don't see much time being afforded to both versions of Superman. You can bet that the main characters that will get the MOST screen time are: Oliver, Barry, Kara, Kate, and Sara.

Everyone else will just be background supporting characters or cameos.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the KC version of Superman lose his version of Lois (courtesy of the Joker) which resulted in him retiring for awhile and becoming isolated from society?

If they had the time, I feel like there's story potential in seeing the two versions of Superman interact on that notion alone. The KC version played by Brandon will be one that lost everything while the Arrowverse version is one who's probably the happiest that he's ever been with having Lois as his wife and their newborn child.

With everything that's going on, along with the Legends being involved, I honestly don't see much time being afforded to both versions of Superman. You can bet that the main characters that will get the MOST screen time are: Oliver, Barry, Kara, Kate, and Sara.

Everyone else will just be background supporting characters or cameos.

Actually I meant to say KC Superman will have lost Superman and everything connecting to his Humanity.

I think the Supermen, Oliver, Barry, Kara, Kate, and Sara will be in all 5 parts.

Actually I meant to say KC Superman will have lost Superman and everything connecting to his Humanity.

I think the Supermen, Oliver, Barry, Kara, Kate, and Sara will be in all 5 parts.

I definitely expect Brandon's KC Superman to be in the Legends and Supergirl portions of the crossover. Small chance that he might be in the Flash version as well.

It's mainly Arrow's and Batwoman''s portions of the crossover that I'm not sure we'll see him in. The same with Tyler's Superman.

If anything, I do hope that we at least see Tyler's Superman have a good confrontation with Jon Cryer's Lex and to see them fight each other one last time.

I definitely expect Brandon's KC Superman to be in the Legends and Supergirl portions of the crossover. Small chance that he might be in the Flash version as well.

It's mainly Arrow's and Batwoman''s portions of the crossover that I'm not sure we'll see him in. The same with Tyler's Superman.

If anything, I do hope that we at least see Tyler's Superman have a good confrontation with Jon Cryer's Lex and to see them fight each other one last time.

Agreed about Tyler Hoechlin Superman and Jon Cryer Lex Luthor confrontation and maybe working together against the Anti-Monitor like in the comics.

At some point both Superman would meet and share screentime together, maybe in the Supergirl part of the crossover or throughout all 5 parts.

Since Legends doesn't come back until early next year, I'm betting that Legends may be the final part of the Crisis crossover like it was in both Invasion and Crisis On Earth-X.

I'm not a regular viewer of Arrowverse but I'm looking forward to this crossover, mainly because of Routh's Superman. Nice to have him back one last time.

Its nice that Routh can have some sort of closure to his Superman and that he has a chance to play the role how he wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"