Sequels Vanderbilt Talks Spider-Man 4!

Oh, so is that what they're called, lol? I see your point, but what if they put out some great material for TV/Film and create franchises within those months, and form their own union.

That...can never happen. And like I said, if you're not with the WGA, you don't get to write in Hollywood. Period.

That...can never happen. And like I said, if you're not with the WGA, you don't get to write in Hollywood. Period.
Thank you for telling me this, I now officially hate WGA.
Visionary to write Spider-Man 4.
Are you really ready for that? To make all other writers of comic book franchises and studios change the way that they think. To have socccer moms, religions folks, Al Sharpton, light-hearted fanboys, children and adults go nuts, but can't get enough of what they've seen. To create a movie that doesn't follow any guidelines or rules of other comic book films. To shake Marvel and DC Comics at their core. To have a comic book movie with no promotion or marketing (which works strictly on Word-Of-Mouth). No one has ever seen a raw Spider-Man in any medium, so I know that there's many starving for it. Just the press release alone warning people of Spider-Man 4, would send a chill down the most timid geek's spine. Trust me, you ain't ready for it.

So let's just stick to our playing it safe generic blockbuster movie and move the hell on. :csad:

I wouldn't blame the writers wholesale for generic crap. I'm inclined to think it's more the studios peddling generic crap because they know it sells, and rejecting scripts with any risk or originality.

Visionary once argued for a PG rated Spiderman and His Amazing friends liveaction movie while I tried to talk some sense into him, so I dont know what kind of raw Spiderman he is imagining.

If it hasn't been seen in any medium, then maybe your idea of a "raw Spider-Man" doesn't exist.
That's kind of my whole point, which is why I'd want to see it.

You can take many elements from the comics, and not watering it down for virgin eyes to see. The story-arc blueprint I'd use is "Kraven's Last Hunt"...with The Lizard/Kraven of course.
Visionary once argued for a PG rated Spiderman and His Amazing friends liveaction movie while I tried to talk some sense into him, so I dont know what kind of raw Spiderman he is imagining.
I wouldn't want to see a Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends on film, period, especially not a PG rated one. :confused:

That's kind of my whole point, which is why I'd want to see it.

You can take many elements from the comics, and not watering it down for virgin eyes to see. The story-arc blueprint I'd use is "Kraven's Last Hunt"...with The Lizard of course.
I wouldn't want to see a Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends on film, period, especially a PG rated one. :confused:

Perhaps you should push for a "raw" Spider-Man comic before a "raw" Spider-Man film. It wouldn't be terribly wise to spend so much money on a film that is blatantly completely different from anything the source material has ever been.

No, that's the whole idea of the film to me, or it should be the idea of all comic book movies. To do things and go beyond that which isn't shown in the comic books, cartoons or video games--while still sticking to the source material, without sugar-coating things.

As for the budget, it wouldn't go over 150M (and zero promotion & marketing budget). See, the beauty about the Spider-Man franchise is, it's so successful that it can afford to take risk, that other comic book movies can't. And this would be no risk at all. Even an R-rated Spider-Man movie can easily make back 150M at the box office, zero risk.

Let's just hope that the new writer was born with some balls.

That's hillarious, a rated R Spiderman movie.

A singing dancing always nerdy childish never evolving *****-fied villain(s) no balls or creativity Spider-Man movie.

That's hilarious. :cool:

Then we can expect to see more of the same. I guess you didn't get enough of your 5 minutes with That 70s Venom cameo, eh?

We wouldn't even need an R rated Spider-Man movie, if the studios (Marvel/Sony) would actually utilize the PG-13 rating that they have, like the latest Bourne film. Instead, we're borderlining on a G to PG rated material.

Neither should a singing and dancing Spider-Man film complete with Raimi's kids and juvenile antics. That's the results, enjoy!

Neither should a singing and dancing Spider-Man film complete with Raimi's kids. That's the results, enjoy!
The singing and dancing scenes are meant to be funny. Also, I really don't see why people have a problem with Raimi's kids showing up in the films as cameos. It's his film and his kids and besides, what harm will it do? It just adds more comedic moments to the film, IMO. Quite frankly, if Raimi's kids make an appearance in the next film, I would be perfectley fine with it.

Yeah really, it's not that serious. geeez

The singing and dancing scenes are meant to be funny. Also, I really don't see why people have a problem with Raimi's kids showing up in the films as cameos. It's his film and his kids and besides, what harm will it do? It just adds more comedic moments to the film, IMO. Quite frankly, if Raimi's kids make an appearance in the next film, I would be perfectley fine with it.
You don't seem to mind any of the many silly and childish antics that Raimi puts into these films, why is that, do you just love everything about these films?

You don't seem to mind any of the many silly and childish antics that Raimi puts into these films, why is that, do you just love everything about these films?
Here goes that topic again. I wish that topic would just burn to ashes. For the 100th time, I love everything about these films so far, but that doesn't mean I won't find problems in any of the other upcoming Spidey films. I'm very optimistic.

Do you really wonder why people keep bringing that up? :o

No, I don't, but I'm sick of it being the biggest concern about me.

Im the same as you man. No problems whatsoever with the films, other than the fact that i wish we didnt have to wait three years between installments...

Im the same as you man. No problems whatsoever with the films, other than the fact that i wish we didnt have to wait three years between installments...
It's good to know someone is with me on this. :yay:

Visionary, you never really picked on me, which is why I'm not upset with you, but as I said, I'm sick of that concern.

Visionary to direct Spider-Man vs Jason vs Freddy.

I'm just going to sit back and wait for news of the writer's strike being over, and to see what the new writer have in store for Spider-Man 4. I feel better now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"