Who do you want to see as Captain Marvel? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emily blunt looked amazing at the globes dayum

Someone should let Newsarama know that some of us have been calling that for awhile.

Last edited:
Ruth Wilson was in the running to play Carol at one point. I wonder if her win last night will up her chances...

I'd love Wilson in a Marvel role, not sure about her as Carol though.

Ruth Wilson was in the running to play Carol at one point. I wonder if her win last night will up her chances...

Oh no way.....she doesn't have blonde hair and her chin isn't big enough......:cwink::oldrazz:

^Are you implying that we need to get Reese Witherspoon? :o

She was? That must have been before I started following Captain Marvel rumors

And hey, if Ruth isn't available, there's always her doppelganger Michelle Monaghan.

I think I prefer Michelle over Ruth for the completely shallow reason that Ruth's lips bother me a lot. It's so distracting. :p Ruth is a better actress than Michelle though. Granted I just based this on mostly Ruth's superb work in The Affair vs the few films I've seen Michelle on (plus TD).

I dunno, I think Michelle Monaghan's extremely underrated as an actress. She was quite wonderful in Trucker and Fort Bliss despite how little fanfare she received over them, and has displayed quite a bit of range in her roles from Gone Baby Gone to Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang. Ruth Wilson's phenomenal, especially in Luther, but I'm not sure I'd be so quick to put her in a different league than Monaghan. They're just two VERY different types of actors, imo.

You know who would be a good choice? her:
emily-blunt-captain-marvel-movie-casting-interview.gif

Sure.....she's a blonde so she should do the film....:o:whatever:
That was a chin joke that just went waaaay over your head... really I'm disappointed. But now that we're on the subject she wouldn't be a bad choice either.

I dunno, I think Michelle Monaghan's extremely underrated as an actress. She was quite wonderful in Trucker and Fort Bliss despite how little fanfare she received over them, and has displayed quite a bit of range in her roles from Gone Baby Gone to Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang. Ruth Wilson's phenomenal, especially in Luther, but I'm not sure I'd be so quick to put her in a different league than Monaghan. They're just two VERY different types of actors, imo.

I definitely need to check out more of her work. :up: The only movies of her's I've seen seen that I can recall are TD, KKBB, Source Code, MIGP, and that romcom with Patrick Dempsey.

Last edited:
I dunno, I think Michelle Monaghan's extremely underrated as an actress. She was quite wonderful in Trucker and Fort Bliss despite how little fanfare she received over them, and has displayed quite a bit of range in her roles from Gone Baby Gone to Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang.

Def. :up:

I don't know Wilson well enough to judge. I've only seen her in The Lone Ranger (lol)

That was a chin joke that just went waaaay over your head... really I'm disappointed. But now that we're on the subject she wouldn't be a bad choice either.

Don't be disappointed. I'm dumber than a bag of hammers. I don't know that Reese would be right for the part, but you never know. She's not a bad actor. When I see Emily Blunt's triceps in Edge of Tomorrow and think about how she handled that role (which is a big deal to me rather than looks), I can't help but think she'd be just about perfect as CM.

You know who would be a good choice? her:
emily-blunt-captain-marvel-movie-casting-interview.gif

You're killin' me. I can't help but keep remembering how you kept saying she wouldn't be the right choice. Now you're pimping her more than I am. :woot:

That is a very impressive clip that I remember MORE than well from the movie. :hubba

Keep up the good work!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"