Who do you want to see as Captain Marvel? - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Soska twins aren't really "out there"....they come across as fairly normal women with a slight goth-esque vibe to them. At least to me. But anyway, I love their style & if they directed an MCU based movie I'd probably lose my f'n mind I love them so much.

I'm glad this has now been spoken into existence. :D

I'm glad to hear that's your opinion. Slight Goth-esque might seem like a bit of an understatement to some, but, hey, I was in love with someone who could have been cast as Jessica Jones and no acting would have been necessary.

Hey, like I said, I like 'em, but think Kevin would have a heart attack if he hired them for CM......the results would be, shall we say, interesting. I'd be there first day. I'll be there first day anyway.

I'm glad to hear that's your opinion. Slight Goth-esque might seem like a bit of an understatement to some, but, hey, I was in love with someone who could have been cast as Jessica Jones and no acting would have been necessary.

Hey, like I said, I like 'em, but think Kevin would have a heart attack if he hired them for CM......the results would be, shall we say, interesting. I'd be there first day. I'll be there first day anyway.

Haha I know what you mean but I think they'd be capable of toning down....a little bit, anyway. Their style would certainly lend to some extremely interesting visuals.

And Goth-styled women have always been attractive to me so they don't ever weird me out, they actually invoke a lot of interest, hence why I take to the Soska sisters so easily (that and the fact they have obvious great talent). I'm weird like that. :D

If the Soska's were to direct an upcoming MCU film I think the more organic fit would be Inhumans, although I understand why they were suggested :up:

If the Soska's were to direct an upcoming MCU film I think the more organic fit would be Inhumans, although I understand why they were suggested :up:

The Inhumans......wowow.....never thought about that one (though I shoulda).

They would probably make the movie with less CGI than a lot of other directors....and I mean that in only the most respectful of ways.

I'd love to see Hardy as Gorgon and Chastain as Medusa.

Throwing those two talented twins (alliteratively speaking) into MCU would be entertaining to say the least. I sorta think those at Disney might....I don't know....might feel like they have too much to lose to take a chance on something that might go way off the block. My mind boggles at the thought of them directing the likes of Blunt, Theron, Hardy, Chastain, etc. The potential for anything to happen is definitely there. DHiaT and Vendetta (great trailer) meets Madame Medusa....too funny.

It's fun to think about anyway.

Tom Hardy is way too good an actor to be Gorgon.

Mayhap...actually true, but he'd make a great Gorgon. A guy can dream, right? Plus he might not have to sign on for 5 pics.

I just wanna see kick@$$ SH movies so I shoot for the, literal and figurative, stars.

So sue me... :woot:

EDIT: Hardy totally sucked in Inception, TDKR, that crappy Max remake, and Revenant, :o sooooo......If he were someone other than Bane, who say you?

Last edited:
Sarah Gadon is my new choice.
sarah-gadon-belle-premiere-in-london_1.jpg

So, what age range do you think Marvel will look at?

Hopefully 30-40. Some people think they'll go younger though.

I was thinkng 28-35, but that makes sense. I guess a lot of perople's favorite Katheryn Winnick is still an option

28-35 sounds like a good age range.

I think Emily Blunt is still my favorite for the role. Great actress, about the perfect age and Marvel has obviously wanted her in the MCU for a while now.

If for some reason, Blunt does not get Captain Marvel, I'd want her as Spider Woman, or Madame Masque.

If for some reason, Blunt does not get Captain Marvel, I'd want her as Spider Woman, or Madame Masque.

I actually want Emily to be Jess WAAAAY more than Carol and unfortunately, we already just had Madame Masque on Agent Carter.

Yeah, they used Whitney Frost, but kept open Count Nefaria as a viable option.

I've advocated Blunt for Jessica Drew for quite awhile now, so everyone knows my opinion.

So, what age range do you think Marvel will look at?

I think it depends on the actor. There are some younger actors who could probably pull it off. Theron will be in her 40's when they film, but, well, LOOK at her. I mean, if you think she looks too old or something like that, you're probably in Jr. High School or something.

Yeah, they used Whitney Frost, but kept open Count Nefaria as a viable option.

I've advocated Blunt for Jessica Drew for quite awhile now, so everyone knows my opinion.

Are there even any PLANS for introducing Jessica? I haven't heard a word. It makes sense, but when? If they don't go big name for CM, I can't see Emily/Jessica in that movie. Post IW I suppose......maybe it will depend in part on how CM goes over.

Jessica Alba for Carol Danvers. :o

For an out of left field choice, what about Carrie Coon? She has been terrific in Gone Girl, The Leftovers and was nominated for a Tony Award

For an out of left field choice, what about Carrie Coon? She has been terrific in Gone Girl, The Leftovers and was nominated for a Tony Award

If it's going to be someone from Gone Girl, my pick would be Rosamund Pike. That was a jaw dropping performance; though not the personality I'd like to see in Carol.

I'm not super familiar with Carrie's work so I can't really comment (at least not with any measure of intelligence).

Last edited:
I want the bast actress for the role.
I think that there are a lot of possibilities.

Are there even any PLANS for introducing Jessica? I haven't heard a word. It makes sense, but when? If they don't go big name for CM, I can't see Emily/Jessica in that movie. Post IW I suppose......maybe it will depend in part on how CM goes over.

No plans that we're aware of. My preference is to add her for Captain Marvel 2 (although a solo movie is certainly possible). Obviously, there are a lot of assumptions, but we have no idea what Phase 4 holds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"