The Flash who is savitar !?

It's doubtful that Savitar is a time remnant. And if he were, that wouldn't really make sense. That whole thing worked for Zoom...I don't see how it could plausibly work with Savitar.

Honestly I think time remnant is by far the most plausible theory, Future Barry said he created time remnants that all got defeated trying to defeat Savitar, if one of those time remnants got injured and trapped in the speed force eventually going insane and becoming Savitar it could explain his grudge against the Flash for creating him in the first place. It would also explain how future Barry defeated a villain who supposedly knew his every move, after the creation of the time remnant that becomes Savitar, Savitar would no longer be able to anticipate what occurs next in the timeline, thus allowing him to be defeated.

I just realized this morning, this is the plot from Infamous. :funny:

Honestly I think time remnant is by far the most plausible theory, Future Barry said he created time remnants that all got defeated trying to defeat Savitar, if one of those time remnants got injured and trapped in the speed force eventually going insane and becoming Savitar it could explain his grudge against the Flash for creating him in the first place. It would also explain how future Barry defeated a villain who supposedly knew his every move, after the creation of the time remnant that becomes Savitar, Savitar would no longer be able to anticipate what occurs next in the timeline, thus allowing him to be defeated.
this is the problem though they said the time Remanent's aren't creations of the speedster they exsited already in the speed force. and are just recording's of of speedster past events of the speetsters reality in the speed force . Til a speedster visit's them asking them for help they have no idea their reality isn't still in play any more moved forward and their reality has become alternate.

their creator is the speed force it's self that house's their reality not speedsters like barry or eobard.

now the only way he could have meant still is that barrys action created him the same way joke r in the movies claim batman created him in the burton movies when batman kinda knocked jack into that vat of chemical's . so your theory is still some what intact. But I don't think barry literally created him speedster don't have that power according to the show's explanation. those time Remanent's already exist

Last edited:
I must in minoroty cause I loved the reveal.

Could it be a time remnant? One that remained but didn't have a place and saw Barry have everything while he had nothing. This then set a plan in motion for him to travel back and kill Iris so that the real Barry never got to be happy?!

You're not alone. I loved the reveal too.

I saw some fanboys say it was "an easy option" for it to be Future Barry, they played it safe. I thought it was cool to see Grant finally not mope around. He's an actor capable of so much.

It's the plot of a lot of video games.

It's a standard plot in lots of genre stories. So while it's not this totally unconventional thing in regards to super heroes, it's still been handled poorly on the show in my view and I think no matter how they explain it, given the show's track record, it's likely gonna come off contrived and with little impact.

I saw some fanboys say it was "an easy option" for it to be Future Barry, they played it safe. I thought it was cool to see Grant finally not mope around. He's an actor capable of so much.

Right, anybody who thinks that is a fanboy. Well, generalizing aside, it was such an contrived way of them to do this, I initially didn't take this option seriously because of how blatantly they foreshadowed it. It is such a stupid idea to put Barry up as the big bad of this season when he didn't even really earn the title of the Flash yet, it would have had way more impact if the Flash already had some big legacy that made this reveal shocking because we can't believe that he would turn out like that, but instead he is still stumbling around to become a solid hero, making rookie mistakes left and right. I'm not surprised at all that he turned out as some evil emo idiot who wants to torture his past self because he is a drama queen who needs attention. The characters on this show are still so underdeveloped even after nearly three seasons that it is remarkable, they don't learn from their mistakes, they don't move on, and the story the try to tell here relays on them being already at a point where it would be tragic if someone of them turns evil.
I did not like this plot in the comics either, but there it had some weight behind it because of who the Flash is, here it feels cheap. It really seemed like the writers just grabbed the next best thing without putting much thought into how that would fit with where the characters are right now and the story in general because they wanted to do this cheap ass version of Flashpoint.
Grant is good actor but so far he really focused way too much on making this character cartoonish and goofish, with a lot of drama and tears to spice it up.

I remember when many people thought RF was future Barry in season 1. Then many believed Zoom was Barry from another earth. Now we have the Savitar reveal. I guess the writers just decided to give people what they "wanted."

It's doubtful that Savitar is a time remnant. And if he were, that wouldn't really make sense. That whole thing worked for Zoom...I don't see how it could plausibly work with Savitar.

Well, *technically speaking*, there was a point where he probably did count as a time remnant: when Flashpoint got undone. Since then, though, he's done a good job at reattaching his history to the new timeline. Remember, a "time remnant" is just a detached loop of personal timeline existing with indifference to paradox or continuity.

( So why wasn't Savitar bothered by this earlier? Because he was already imprisoned within the Speed Force. He was a temporal anomaly which was "already resolved" so to speak. )

I mean, if future Barry was a time remnant, then he'd have to be from a timeline that no longer exists like Flashpoint or the original timeline. However, he still has all of Barry's memories from this current timeline, so I can't see how he's a time remnant. Once you change the timeline in a fixed point, everything from your present and future gets changed, and the previous present and future gets erased. I think Savitar has to be our Barry from further after 2056, because if 2024 Barry said that Tracy figured out the technology to trap Savitar in the speed force eternally by 2021, then Savitar/Future Barry has to be from after he already sent Rip Hunter the 2056 message.

Despite my opinion on this, I like this guy's theory video on Savitar's origin.

[YT]8XkoJ_sgS5k[/YT]

I remember when many people thought RF was future Barry in season 1. Then many believed Zoom was Barry from another earth. Now we have the Savitar reveal. I guess the writers just decided to give people what they "wanted."
kinda like the rival ed claris. Sadly he's not linked to jay Garrick at all in the show. wasn't made Jay's arch enemy

I think Savitar has to be our Barry from further after 2056, because if 2024 Barry said that Tracy figured out the technology to trap Savitar in the speed force eternally by 2021, then Savitar/Future Barry has to be from after he already sent Rip Hunter the 2056 message.

But Savitar/Future Barry then changed his own past by messing with Barry in 2017, and after he changes his own past he remembers it? That hasn't happened with Barry before. For instance, Barry changed his own past by messing with Flashpoint, but then didn't remember that Joe and Iris were fighting or that Cisco lost his brother.

But Savitar/Future Barry then changed his own past by messing with Barry in 2017, and after he changes his own past he remembers it? That hasn't happened with Barry before. For instance, Barry changed his own past by messing with Flashpoint, but then didn't remember that Joe and Iris were fighting or that Cisco lost his brother.
wait , what? ok stop . Again let him tell us which barry he is ok . Just stop.

By the way, whether it makes sense or not I think Savitar is going to be a time remnant. Otherwise, there wouldn't be much point in including the time remnant quote in Barry's realization of who Savitar is.

Which time remnant quote?

The one where Future Barry says "You'll make time remnants, but he'll kill most of them." (paraphrasing)

The one where Future Barry says "You'll make time remnants, but he'll kill most of them." (paraphrasing)

He remembered that when he realised who Savitar was?

Seems like the recent trailer, showcasing clips from the upcoming episodes, confirm that Savitar's goal is to drive Barry to his breaking point by killing Iris so that it will ensure that he becomes Savitar someday.

Seems like the recent trailer, showcasing clips from the upcoming episodes, confirm that Savitar's goal is to drive Barry to his breaking point by killing Iris so that it will ensure that he becomes Savitar someday.
So that mean he's not a time Remanent and it still won't make sense to most people. I'm just gonna go with he's from future that hasn't happened yet and may not (making it alternate still certain conditions are met) depending on how things go then.

anyway we'll see what happens when it air this Tuesday.

Personally, my theory is that the Savitar Barry is the one we saw the week before from the future. This goes with why he didn't tell him who he was. I think he got jealous of Past (current) Barry getting to go back to Iris while he was there left to rebuild the city. Perhaps he even tried to travel into the past to see her but the speed force wouldn't allow him to. Maybe he created the savitar suit and was able to get around the "speed force block" but spent so much time in there he went looney. Granted this doesn't really jive with the whole trap scenario, but im just thinking out loud.

Another possiblity is that the Savitar Barry is the Earth 2 Barry who decided he wanted to become the flash only for the experiment to go horribly wrong? Thats most likely not the case but again, thinking out loud lol.

Personally, my theory is that the Savitar Barry is the one we saw the week before from the future. This goes with why he didn't tell him who he was. I think he got jealous of Past (current) Barry getting to go back to Iris while he was there left to rebuild the city. Perhaps he even tried to travel into the past to see her but the speed force wouldn't allow him to. Maybe he created the savitar suit and was able to get around the "speed force block" but spent so much time in there he went looney. Granted this doesn't really jive with the whole trap scenario, but im just thinking out loud.

Another possiblity is that the Savitar Barry is the Earth 2 Barry who decided he wanted to become the flash only for the experiment to go horribly wrong? Thats most likely not the case but again, thinking out loud lol.

well find out tomorrow hopefully and earth 2 barry make even lesss sense the all of the others . I'm not dissing you at all . it just doesn't sound right ether . So we'll just wait & see. And let him or some other way in the show that they'll(the writers) show us an answer on who he is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"