Will the Trailer/Teaser sneak up on us

Emerald, I am not complaining, I did not make this thread to complain. ALl I am doing is speculating, and for the most part until a movie comes out all we have is speculation....mixed with anticipation. It is what drives us to post in here.

Now if nothing comes out with Cloverfield am I gonna put or freak out or lash out...

nope..not me I aint that type of guy ask Cracker...ask Sava... I have been a regular on here for quite some time, I love the Hulk, and patiently wait for a trailer

I think the problem is we have nothing to talk about. That's why everyone is bit(hen. Me, if you can't already tell, I'm just messing around.The movie will come out on June 13, 2008. If I see a trailer or not doesn't change the fact that, God willing, I'll be there opening day. Sure it would be fun to have something to talk about but until then we should remind ourselves that, good things come to those who wait. :woot:

Edit:

I have no idea who this Weadazoid person is. :woot:

I will find out when the trailer is. I will know if its with Cloverfield. I have a source in the movie theater industry and he will let me know if it is attached to Cloverfield before its released.

Let's just hope that the teaser is better than the Hulk one which was ridiculed for bad cgi effects when it debuted. Better to wait another month and have a kick ass trailer than to squander this second chance at making a successful Hulk film, and possible franchise. Looking at the upcoming calendar for Universal films they have no films that would suit a Hulk trailer in time for a good marketing push. So if Cloverfield does not have the trailer, and the Super Bowl fails to deliver one, then mark down March 7th for our favorite green buddy to show his face. 10,000 B.C is the most logical release that would appeal to Hulk fans, and it is the first big budget event movie of the year. The Super Bowl would be a better bet for a teaser, and then perhaps a full trailer on March 7th? Either way let's keep our fingers crossed that they do the Hulk justice with this film.:bh:

If the trailer doesn't debut during the Super Bowl then when do you guys think it would actually come out. I mean for God's sake, at that point the movie would only be roughly 4 months away. Is there any other big event that they could debut it for?

If the trailer doesn't debut during the Super Bowl then when do you guys think it would actually come out. I mean for God's sake, at that point the movie would only be roughly 4 months away. Is there any other big event that they could debut it for?
Great post.

Agree 100%.

Hey, I found this:
It's taking forever to get more of a taste of one of this summer's biggest flicks, the Incredible Hulk in all of his glory. He's big. He's got muscles. And he looks pissed. Yeah, I don't think I'd want to make him angry. Due out in theaters on June 13, this updated version of The Incredible Hulk stars Edward Norton as Bruce Banner, Liv Tyler, Tim Roth, William Hurt, Tim Blake Nelson and ... Lou Ferrigno. Yes! Maybe I'm warped, but I'd love a scene in which The Hulk throws Ferrigno through a glass window. Maybe? Possibly? Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to the film; I feel they've probably learned from the mistakes of Ang Lee's version and I expect a pretty kick-ass flick this June. Additionally, a rumor was going around earlier this week that stated the first trailer for The Incredible Hulk would premiere during the Superbowl. Not sure if it will hit the internets beforehand, but either way we shouldn't have to wait too much longer.

^Yep. Looks like we will get some footage at the Superbowl. February 3rd right? Not too long.

If they are going to have a trailer at the Superbowl then I wouldn't mind it if it started with you seeing Banner, then suddenly you see the glowing eyes, you get some short quick, painful shots of the transformation and then a montage of the film and it ending with you getting a good full body look at the Hulk and Hulk roars at towards the camera and it zooms in real fast into his mouth giving a black screen with the "The Incredible Hulk" logo.

If they are going to show the Hulk at the Superbowl, let's hope the fx are polished.

Anyone remember the furore on these boards about the Hulk fx in the Superbowl trailer last time around?

Pesonally, I can do without all that crap again..............

If they are going to show the Hulk at the Superbowl, let's hope the fx are polished.

Anyone remember the furore on these boards about the Hulk fx in the Superbowl trailer last time around?

Pesonally, I can do without all that crap again..............
i honestly dont kow what these comment are all about. go to youtube, and watch the trailer. i recently watched it after reading a post like this and i cant fault it. these is one bit in the trailer that looks a bit dodgey, but it looked crappy in the movie to. you know, they could of had a teaser trailer out way before this, like '03 hulk, and not showed any cg. at least to get the name back out there.

i honestly dont kow what these comment are all about. go to youtube, and watch the trailer. i recently watched it after reading a post like this and i cant fault it. these is one bit in the trailer that looks a bit dodgey, but it looked crappy in the movie to. you know, they could of had a teaser trailer out way before this, like '03 hulk, and not showed any cg. at least to get the name back out there.
the colour of Hulk was lighter than the one we got in the movie, some scenes were sped up, the whole trailer didnt look anything like the damn movie, the music was crap. It was the colour that started "shrek" comments.

the colour of Hulk was lighter than the one we got in the movie, some scenes were sped up, the whole trailer didnt look anything like the damn movie, the music was crap. It was the colour that started "shrek" comments.

Exactly. I already commented about this before, but I remember distinctly a very negative reaction to that trailer. It had a huge effect on people's preconceived notions about the movie before it released, like a self-fulfilling prophecy. They went in expecting the cgi to suck, so their minds were made up well in advance. I promise you, the first glimpse of the new Hulk had better be impressive, or it will severely impact the anticipation of the general public. It's not like 2003, when the Hulk was THE comic film of the summer to watch. There will be plenty of options for moviegoers this time, and TIH needs to stand out, in a big way...

It's not like 2003, when the Hulk was THE comic film of the summer to watch. There will be plenty of options for moviegoers this time, and TIH needs to stand out, in a big way...

X2 had come out less than 2 months before, so Hulk wasn't the only game in town that summer...and X2 is still widely regarded as one of Marvel's top 2 or 3 films where hulk doesn't get near that level of sentiment generally.
I do agree with you that this movie needs to set itself apart. This year is going to be a battle royal, not just with comic book movies, but with some VERY highly anticpated movies all the way around..In Norton I trust!

This year is going to be a battle royal, not just with comic book movies, but with some VERY highly anticpated movies all the way around...

Whoever loses, we win!! '08 is so god damn tight!

Whoever loses, we win!! '08 is so god damn tight!

Yes sir!
'07 was decent compared to the couple of disapointing years prior...but '08 is gonna rock my socks.
I'm most anticipating Hulk, but with Iron Man, Dark Knight, Watchmen, Indy, Rambo, Speed Racer, Cloverfield, Star Trek..and the list goes on...I think my head may actually explode.

I'd be happy if we get a superbowl teaser just revealling his frickin hand. :dry: I mean it doesn't have to show much, it's a teaser after all. It should just clearly convey that this isn't a sequel but a re-boot, that's all they need to get the public talking again. Show a few shots of Norton, and the rest of the cast in various scenes. Banner sitting in the chair, as seen in the released pic, and maybe Hulk's sillouette of him in movement.

I can wait until around March for an actual trailer.....

Yes sir!
'07 was decent compared to the couple of disapointing years prior...but '08 is gonna rock my socks.
I'm most anticipating Hulk, but with Iron Man, Dark Knight, Watchmen, Indy, Rambo, Speed Racer, Cloverfield, Star Trek..and the list goes on...I think my head may actually explode.

You got that right homie!

Hellboy 2, Punisher: War Zone, Bond and X-files 2 are also going to kick my ass! Too many to name but all in all '08 looks pretty friggin' amazing!

X2 had come out less than 2 months before, so Hulk wasn't the only game in town that summer...and X2 is still widely regarded as one of Marvel's top 2 or 3 films where hulk doesn't get near that level of sentiment generally.
I do agree with you that this movie needs to set itself apart. This year is going to be a battle royal, not just with comic book movies, but with some VERY highly anticpated movies all the way around..In Norton I trust!

This is true, but it was also X"2", a sequel to a movie we already experienced, whereas the Hulk teaser was attached to one of the biggest films of all time, garnering huge amounts of anticipation, being that it was the Hulk's first time on the big screen. X2 had come out before, like you said, and so did Matrix Reloaded. So by June, Hulk pretty much was the only game in town. Anytime a character gets that first film, there's always that curiousity that translates to some of the box office, similar to what IronMan will get, just like a pilot episode or debut album of something anticipated. Like you said, 08 has a huge amount of big movies lined up, coming before and after TIH. On top of that, there's also the task of seperating this movie from the previous film which may prove more difficult than some anticipate, not to mention the fact that this isn't a completely new character on the big screen anymore. Name recognition alone won't get it done this time and it won't take much for TIH to get swallowed up in the battle royal you mentioned...

There's rumors over on IMDB that we won't even get a trailer for the Super Bowl now. wow.

yeah these guys are either incredibly confident in their movie or they're pretty far behind...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"