Wonder Woman Rotten Tomatoes Prediction Thread - Part 1

Actually I am. I wanted the highest rated comic book movie of all time to be one starring a female character.

You'll get two more chances with WW since it's obviously will become a trilogy.

Actually I am. I wanted the highest rated comic book movie of all time to be one starring a female character.

It's incredibly hard for a movie to beat let alone stay at 94%. Landing in the low 90's is a massive accomplishment for Wonder Woman and the DCeU as a whole. Let's not get greedy now. :cwink:

Spider-Man 2 really should be at 94%. Dunno why RT calculates it as 93%.

I could see WW bumping back up to 93% like Logan, but yeah, low 90s is nothing to cry about.

Why it should be at 94% ? Could somebody break it down for me like i'm 5 years old ? :D

Also, i just saw that spider man 2 , is sitting at 96% top critic score. Impressive.
SM2 is my second favorite CBM ever!

Back up to 93% for anyone that cares. :o

I still think it'll end up at 92% when all is said and done.

We're getting to a point where it'll take multiple positive reviews to keep it at 93% comfortably, but only one or two negatives to knock it back down to 92%. The last reviews counted are usually negatives, in my experience with RT.

Still, 92% out of 270+ reviews with an average score of 7.6/10 is pretty damn remarkable for a film that WB has had cold feet over for years.

Last edited:
It's also remarkable for a shared universe that was previously racking up rotten scores.

It's a textbook example of a night-and-day difference.

Wonder Woman becoming the shining light of the darkness that is the DCEU is kind of exhilarating.

It's got roughly the same average rating as Iron Man and actually has a slightly better rating among top critics, so that's great also.

Why it should be at 94% ? Could somebody break it down for me like i'm 5 years old ? :D

Also, i just saw that spider man 2 , is sitting at 96% top critic score. Impressive.

Spider-Man 2 is actually my favorite superhero film right now.

It's really a classic character-driven movie that isn't about the fights/action as much as the relationship Peter has with himself and the world around him.

I'm starting to think it's lightning in a bottle, but WW is a step in the right direction.

It has 245/262 positive reviews, meaning it's 93.5%. RT rounds up so I have no idea why Spider-Man 4 doesn't round up to 94%.

It has 245/262 positive reviews, meaning it's 93.5%. RT rounds up so I have no idea why Spider-Man 4 doesn't round up to 94%.
I'm pretty sure I know how this happened based off something I noticed while watching Wonder Woman's RT score. A rotten review for the Mummy was added to Wonder Woman, making its score go down to 92%, and when the review was moved to the Mummy's RT page, WW's score stayed stuck at 92%, when it should have gone back up to 93% because of this. But it didn't go back up to 93% until the next review was added to Wonder Woman.

So this what I think caused it:
Sometimes a reviewer will add their review to the wrong movie. When the review is moved to the right movie manually, the RT percentage isn't automatically updated. It is only updated by the website code whenever a new review is added(not when one is manually removed). So a rotten review for another movie got added to Spider-Man 2, making the score drop to 93%, and when it was moved to the correct movie the percentage wasn't automatically updated.

Spider-Man 2 hasn't had a new review since June 29, 2015. When a fresh review gets added that will automatically update the percentage, making it go back up to 94%.

This is just based on my observations and I have no sources to back it up, but I'm pretty sure that this is what caused it.

I hope people aren't adding their rotten reviews for other movies to WW just to being it down and take advantage of the system where they can claim it was a mistake afterwards once the damage has been done.

I hope people aren't adding their rotten reviews for other movies to WW just to being it down and take advantage of the system where they can claim it was a mistake afterwards once the damage has been done.

While there is certainly no end to the depths of human pettiness, it doesn't matter anymore, thankfully.

The buzz is firmly established, a percentage point here or there is not very important.

Sorry but that is ludicrous...

^ It happens on occasion in the form of contrarian reviewers (Armond White) but I don't think that's a widespread problem.

Last edited:

Why would reviewers care that much to force a mistake like that through to maybe even have no impact on the percentage, and a maximum of 1%. :woot:

They finally updated Spider-Man 2 to 94%. It only took them a month.

Top 10 by percentage

1)The Dark Knight 94%
Spider-Man 2 94%
Iron Man 94%
4)Logan 93%
Superman 93%
6)The Avengers 92%
Wonder Woman 92%
8)Guardians of the Galaxy 91%
X-Men DOFP 91%
10)Captain America Civil War 90%

Top 10 by average rating

1)The Dark Knight 8,6/10
2)Spider-Man 2 8,3/10
3)The Avengers 8/10
The Dark Knight Rises 8/10
Superman 8/10
6) Logan 7,9/10
7)Guardians of the Galaxy 7,8/10
8)Iron Man 7,7/10
Batman Begins 7,7/10
Spider-Man 7,7/10

Last edited:
A new review was just added to it today. This further confirms my little theory about what caused the mistake to happen. A new review being added made the website code recalculate the percentage, which corrected the mistake automatically.

I'm really happy for Gal Gadot, Patty Jenkins, the WW franchise, the DCCU, and the future of female heroines on film.

But that being said, I really don't think this movie stacks up with the rest of those CBMs. It really dragged on for me in several spots and (unlike Logan and Guardians v2) I have no desire to see it again in theaters.

Just seems strange to me. But I digress, it was decent. I'm glad it is doing well. Bring on the sequels and bring on The Wasp, Black Widow and Captain Marvel!

Top 10 by percentage

1)The Dark Knight 94%
Spider-Man 94%
Iron Man 94%
4)Logan 93%
Superman 93%
6)The Avengers 92%
Wonder Woman 92%
8)Guardians of the Galaxy 91%
X-Men DOFP 91%
10)Captain America Civil War 90%

Top 10 by average rating

1)The Dark Knight 8,6/10
2)Spider-Man 8,3/10
3)The Avengers 8/10
The Dark Knight Rises 8/10
Superman 8/10
6) Logan 7,9/10
7)Guardians of the Galaxy 7,8/10
8)Iron Man 7,7/10
9)Wonder Woman 7,6/10
Captain America Civil War 7,6/10
Captain America The Winter Soldier 7,6/10

Batman Begins and first Spider-man both have 7,7/10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"