Wonder Woman Box Office Speculation Thread - Part 6

RCUNGC7e_o.jpg

8m9J6iB0_o.gif
0ImLm6XV_o.gif
r5hOSdrJ_o.gif
ba9QNl6w_o.gif

Also, :D

we2.png

I'm curious, what is the adjusted for 2017 inflation box office of Spider-Man? Can't seem to find the figures on the net.

I'm curious, what is the adjusted for 2017 inflation box office of Spider-Man? Can't seem to find the figures on the net.

Adjusted for Inflation figures are only available for US Domestic, for Spider-Man (2002)

Domestic

Unadjusted $ 403.7 mil.

Adjusted $620.5 mil

Adjusted for Inflation figures are only available for US Domestic, for Spider-Man (2002)

Domestic

Unadjusted $ 403.7 mil.

Adjusted $620.5 mil

What about Worldwide?...that's the one I'm curious about. But if the adjusted for 400mil is 620mil it's safe to say Spidey's 870mil could be way past the billion for the adjusted?

What about Worldwide?...that's the one I'm curious about. But if the adjusted for 400mil is 620mil it's safe to say Spidey's 870mil could be way past the billion for the adjusted?

Yes.

As people place too much emphasis on the whole adjusted-unadjusted numbers, something which looks ridiculous as the gap between the movies being compared becomes more than 5 years, here's a comparison of 'Successful Superhero origin movies' movies at North American Box Office with Wonder Woman. (Numbers in Blue are adjusted for Inflation till current year, 2017)

Man of Steel (2013) $291 mil, $310 mil.

Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) $333 mil. $368 mil.

Ant-Man(2015) $180 mil., $195 mil.

Doctor Strange (2016) $233 mil., $236 mil.

Suicide Squad (2016) $325 mil., $341 mil.

Deadpool (2016) $363 mil., $376 mil.

Wonder Woman (2017) $412 mil.

As we can see, even after adjusting for Inflation Wonder Woman is still far ahead. :yay:

Last edited:
Yes.

As people place too much emphasis on the whole adjusted-unadjusted numbers, something which looks ridiculous as the gap between the movies being compared becomes more than 5 years, here's a comparison of 'Successful Superhero origin movies' movies at North American Box Office with Wonder Woman. (Numbers in Blue are adjusted for Inflation till current year, 2017)

Man of Steel (2013) $291 mil, $310 mil.

Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) $333 mil. $368 mil.

Ant-Man(2015) $180 mil., $195 mil.

Doctor Strange (2016) $233 mil., $236 mil.

Suicide Squad (2016) $325 mil., $341 mil.

Deadpool (2016) $363 mil., $376 mil.

Wonder Woman (2017) $412 mil.

As we can see, even after adjusting for Inflation Wonder Woman is still far ahead. :yay:

Not really obsessed by the inflation thing, I'm just curious...hehe :woot:

I feel Scott Mendelson article incoming. ;)

I am waiting for it, I'm beginning to think that Scott Mendelson is TJ_Hooker :woot:

I thought this weekend WW would pull out of theaters for damn sure! Nope haha! Not a chance! Just lost 25 theaters this weekend and still played in 30! Which basically pretty much guarantees it is her last week! She can add up about 10k domestically, but thats it...And no...i am not Scott Mendelson! Lol Btw...does anyone know what movie has the longest run in theaters as a whole and cbm movie in particular??

Btw...does anyone know what movie has the longest run in theaters as a whole and cbm movie in particular??

E.T. for longest run at 52 weeks.
CBM: The Dark Knight (231 days)

Don't quote me.

Last edited:
I thought this weekend WW would pull out of theaters for damn sure! Nope haha! Not a chance! Just lost 25 theaters this weekend and still played in 30! Which basically pretty much guarantees it is her last week! She can add up about 10k domestically, but thats it...And no...i am not Scott Mendelson! Lol Btw...does anyone know what movie has the longest run in theaters as a whole and cbm movie in particular??

Not sure. But speaking of the longest run...

shat.gif

52 weeks holly molly! Thats an entire year (minus one week!) lol...And i somehow knew Dark Knight had longest run for cbm...kinda makes sense, considering all the awards and oscar buzz surrounding it at the time...

This has now officially ended its domestic run, with a final total of $412,563,408 after 23 weeks of release. Was a great run to follow. Don't think anyone saw it coming, especially that multiplier(it got sooo close to hitting the 4+..)

If it does get nominated for an Oscar, will it go back into theatres for a short period of time?

WW debuted with 1.3 million in Blu-Ray sales. It ranks 2nd to MOS in terms of Blu-Ray sales on opening week when it comes to the DCEU

1> MOS - 1.36 million
2> WW - 1.30 million
3> BvS - 1.16 million
4> Skwad - 1.01 million

Clap_Clap.gif
YASSSSSSS.gif

It's a great start. WW continues to impress. Diana can not be stopped. :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"