Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually now that you mention it Lynn Collins might make a good WW

My leading candidates still are Yvonne Strahovski, Charlotte Sullivan, Emily Blunt, Taylor Cole, Jaime Alexander, Gemma Arterton, Sofya Skya and Haley Atwell.

for me it'd be a toss up between lynn collins, jennifer lawrence or haley atwell.

People to this day still refuse to acknowledge that height is an easy issue to work with in film. You can show them undeniable visual proof of behind the scenes photos, and they still will pay no mind to it, thinking to themselves that they'll need to spend too much money on CGI. It's a sad way of thinking.

Sad but true.

rdj-im2.jpg

Downey on the IRON MAN set.

I'd throw Lauren Cohan's name in the mix. She's awesome on Walking Dead, she had a great run in Vampire Diaries, she exudes the beauty and strength necessary for the role.

Remind me how many hand to hand combats Downey's had on Iron Man...

Point taken. But I don't think the height issue will be noticeable during fight scenes. An actress standing at 5'8" could easily look taller using practical movie magic.

Last edited:
My leading candidates still are Yvonne Strahovski, Charlotte Sullivan, Emily Blunt, Taylor Cole, Jaime Alexander, Gemma Arterton, Sofya Skya and Haley Atwell.

My list is very similiar Emily, Andrea, Charlotte, Gemma, Sofya and Yvonne, but if my calculations are correct, and this film only come into podução in 8 years or more, Jennifer Lawrence is my favorite, since she will be free of their franchises and its age, will more than adequate, outside talent, beauty and versatility.

an actress standing 5'8 would be a ideal if the whole JL thing gets off the ground and cavill's still supes.

Point taken. But I don't think the height issue will be noticeable during fight scenes. An actress standing at 5'8" could easily look taller using practical movie magic.

5'8 is a good height. The problem is with less then 5'7.

The problem is there is no problem, so you guys are trying to make one.

My list is very similiar Emily, Andrea, Charlotte, Gemma, Sofya and Yvonne, but if my calculations are correct, and this film only come into podução in 8 years or more, Jennifer Lawrence is my favorite, since she will be free of their franchises and its age, will more than adequate, outside talent, beauty and versatility.

I love me some JenLaw, but I just don't see her as Wonder Woman. Her face doesn't scream out Diana Prince.

Agreed, and I don't think any sort of make up will make her look it either.

Wow the conversation really went down hill since I was last here.

It's really sad to me how rarely acting skill is thrown in with these picks. It's like people just want a Wonder Woman to look at, and don't care if it's actually a great movie or not. :cmad:

I'm still a fan of Pheobe Tonkin as Diana. She is perfect.

As eye candy, sure. As an actress who can bring home a dynamic loveable intense character? She isn't anything close to perfect.

The problem is there is no problem, so you guys are trying to make one.

^Agreed. I remember when people complained about Batman and Superman actors because they weren't 6'6" like in the comics. These really are non-issues.

Her face doesn't scream out Diana Prince.

Is this actually anything? Is there some Diana-ish facial similarity between any of your choices?

I'd throw Lauren Cohan's name in the mix. She's awesome on Walking Dead, she had a great run in Vampire Diaries, she exudes the beauty and strength necessary for the role.

I saw her in Chuck. She was playing Volkov's daughter. She was pretty hot. Not sure she really looked like Wonder Woman in that series though. I'd have to see her with black hair.

I think that whoever plays Wonder Woman will likely be an actress that is not being suggested, possibly an unknown.

I look at a movie like Thor and two actors that I never knew before, Hemsworth and Hiddleston, ended up doing great in the roles they were given. Especially Hiddleston in my opinion, I thought he was the highlight of the film.

I think when casting it would be best to look for a foreign actress, likely of Greek decent.

It's really sad to me how rarely acting skill is thrown in with these picks. It's like people just want a Wonder Woman to look at, and don't care if it's actually a great movie or not. :cmad:

i think alot of people here sound very hypocritical. one minute they slag off someone else's choice all the while suggesting actresses as if they're on some meryl streep's level type ****.
Is this actually anything? Is there some Diana-ish facial similarity between any of your choices?
i don't get that either. last i recall lynda carter had soft features, and that's the wondy just about everyone knows. and about lawrence, she's practically blunt's blond doppelganger.

i'd bet that if this project gets off the ground, lawrence will be at the top of WB's list.

Yes, everything from her facial features to her voice is not what I envisioned for Wonder Woman.

Take one of my picks -- Charlotte Sullivan, for example. Not only is Charlotte beautiful and talented but her facial features undoubtedly hold more Wonder Woman-esque attributes than Jennifer Lawrence does.

charlotte-sullivan-mobile-wallpaper.jpg

Charlotte+Sullivan+Premiere+ReelzChannel+Kennedys+Zl5CJPTfSZSl.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member