Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? That still leaves tons of good candidates.

I can see where you're coming from, but you do realize they can use movie magic to make the actress look taller?

That said, I wouldn't go under 5'6 myself.

Gina Carano is the perfect choice.

1) Someone said she is butch?

http://www.mmabay.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/gina-carano.jpg
http://hollywood-elsewhere.com/images/column/xmas11/carano.jpg
http://img.mixedmartialarts.com/method=get&s=gina-carano.jpg
http://www1.cdn.sherdog.com/image_crop/200/300/_images/fighter/20090825035544_ginacarano.JPG

More like she is out of this world gorgeous.

2) Someone said she doesn't sound like WW? Are you high? She sounds exactly like the WW from JL and JLU. We don't want any barbie doll sounding WW's that we can't take seriously, she needs to have base in her voice.

3) Someone said she can't act? Really now? Wonder Woman doesn't really need to do much acting, Lynda Carter wasn't doing extraordinary acting in her series and neither was the voice actor for JL/JLU.

All a WW actress needs to do is exude a certain confidence (which Gina has no doubt), be able to act fierce (Gina would be able to do this best of any actress right now), and show hints of vulnerability with Trevor and adjusting to the outside world (not exactly a broadway musical).

Some roles require good actresses to convey a wide spectrum of feelings and emotions. If you ever read a comic book, or even watched the live action series or JL/JLU, the three main things WW needs to convey is confidence, fierceness, and compassion. Gina Carano can do the first two better than anybody, and I think thats the most important aspect of Wonder Woman's character.

At the end of the day, she is a warrior and that's going to be her main focus in her movies and in her Justice League team ups. If we get some boney ass girl that can act, or some frilly girl that can act, what happens when their fight scenes look fake and terrible? An Amazonian that can't fight convincingly? Your screwed.

You guys also forget Gina is far from a bad actor. You don't need to be damn oscar worthy to do this role, you need to be FIERCE.

Gina Carano is the perfect choice.

1) Someone said she is butch?

http://www.mmabay.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/gina-carano.jpg
http://hollywood-elsewhere.com/images/column/xmas11/carano.jpg
http://img.mixedmartialarts.com/method=get&s=gina-carano.jpg
http://www1.cdn.sherdog.com/image_crop/200/300/_images/fighter/20090825035544_ginacarano.JPG

More like she is out of this world gorgeous.

2) Someone said she doesn't sound like WW? Are you high? She sounds exactly like the WW from JL and JLU. We don't want any barbie doll sounding WW's that we can't take seriously, she needs to have base in her voice.

3) Someone said she can't act? Really now? Wonder Woman doesn't really need to do much acting, Lynda Carter wasn't doing extraordinary acting in her series and neither was the voice actor for JL/JLU.

All a WW actress needs to do is exude a certain confidence (which Gina has no doubt), be able to act fierce (Gina would be able to do this best of any actress right now), and show hints of vulnerability with Trevor and adjusting to the outside world (not exactly a broadway musical).

Gina Carano is:

1) Butch
2) Doesn't sound like WW
3) Can't act.

:cwink:

See, I dunno how she's butch. She won't win a beauty pageant just like she won't win an Oscar for acting (anytime soon, anyway) but I think she's quite pretty without being Barbie Doll-ish and she isn't butch, either. And did decent work on Haywire. Look, we aren't saying just bring any wrestler or MMA fighter for the role because they look the part. Carano's name has come up because she showed promise in her movie.

I do agree though, that she sounds strange and has to work on her voice.

she's not. the woman is a proper amazon. tallish, thick and sturdy, a bit androgynous, and she can fight. i mean christian bale is this acclaimed actor and he can't even get the ****ing voice right. doesn't stop the circle jerks for him as bats.

my non actress choice would be model hilary rhoda. i think she's perfect physically. 5-11, pretty athletic, and drop dead gorgeous. she's talked about acting, but she hasn't done anything yet.

hilary-rhoda-02.jpg

Who is the actress equivalent to Robert Downey Jr.? Not in terms of personality, but like a dynamic actor with great charisma.

I'd be trying to find the actress equivalent of Chris Hemsworth, since WW has way more in common with Thor than she does with Stark.

should probably go to a fairly unknown actress that has theater experience so nobody sees her as anyone else but Diana

another name someone had mentioned is phoebe tonkin. good god is that woman gorgeous. god bless australia. she's got the voice for it too. she's what? 5-8? no way she's 5-10.

625x3937.jpg

ЯɘvlveR;23748693 said:
another name someone had mentioned is phoebe tonkin. good god is that woman gorgeous. god bless australia. she's got the voice for it too. she's what? 5-8? no way she's 5-10.

She's definitely beautiful, but the odds aren't in her favor.

Her acting is (nicely put) not so good. Plus, she would follow in the long line of WB/CW series disappointing actressses. Kate Bosworth, Katie Holmes, and Blake Lively.

So I'm going to get ahead of this one and give it the old Caesar's thumbs down.

Katie Holmes returned to play...oh right
Green Lantern 2 starts filming... oh right
Superman Returns sequel started...

I'm not saying the movie's failings were all their fault. Point is that WB has a history of casting leads from their tv farming system and it didn't work out any any way.

Only reason Holmes was recast was because of Tom Cruise getting involved. As much as I dislike her, she was just overshadowed by the rest of the cast.

If TDK were made now, Katie might've done it because who is Tom now to tell her what to do?

She's definitely beautiful, but the odds aren't in her favor.

Her acting is (nicely put) not so good. Plus, she would follow in the long line of WB/CW series disappointing actressses. Kate Bosworth, Katie Holmes, and Blake Lively.

So I'm going to get ahead of this one and give it the old Caesar's thumbs down.

:lmao:

I've never really seen much of that tv show, just a scene with her and that czylka dude, which is why i didn't think she was 5-10 since he's supposed 5-9. with that said, I'd say she could improve between now and the time that they cast the role. she's really young.

as far as katie i thought the jfk series was what prevented her from doing tdk?

That JFK series was way later.

Anyway, Tonkin was undoubtedly the best part of "Secret Circle". While that doesn't sound like much, I think I'd be open minded if her name came up as a viable candidate. And I don't buy she's 5'10" either.

ЯɘvlveR;23751817 said:
:lmao:

I've never really seen much of that tv show, just a scene with her and that czylka dude, which is why i didn't think she was 5-10 since he's supposed 5-9. with that said, I'd say she could improve between now and the time that they cast the role. she's really young.

as far as katie i thought the jfk series was what prevented her from doing tdk?
No, she chose to do the movie Mad Money over TDK after constant prodding from Cruise.

Only reason Holmes was recast was because of Tom Cruise getting involved. As much as I dislike her, she was just overshadowed by the rest of the cast.

I was fine with her in Begins. I have more problem with Nolan's women in general, but like you said, she was overshadowed cause she hasn't gained the experience to bring something to the material that isn't there like Freeman or Caine can.

I do think Bosworth, Holmes, and Lively are decent. Each have movies under their belts with critical praise, but just like casting WW, there is a certain "je ne sais pas" to being able to bring a sense of clarity to these kinds of broad roles.

That Tonkin's young lady can't even control her accent.

still like Gemma Artreton:yay:

26 yrs old
5'7
very good actress
dvrdx2.jpg

Gemma--Arteton-x_2226626a.jpg

Gemma+Arterton+Burberry+Spring+Summer+2012+-1telNh_Ur2l.jpg

25qx82s.jpg

To be honest, that choice is quite interesting, she is a good actress and unknown. I just don't know if she could do Wonder Woman but then people said that about Chris Evans. I'd be curious to see this.

However, the poster above has says that Wonder Woman doesn't need someone who can act or to some degree. She is more than a warrior. Diana is a ambassador, meaning that she is quiet intelligent not only in warrior tactics but also in politics and has also wrote a book. Also, she is a very compassionate person. So I feel that we need a actress whom can be strong not just in a phsyical sense but also show an intellectual and compassionate side to her as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"