Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has any one seen this?
warrior_wonder_woman_teaser_2_by_meagan_marie-d5j9x7k.jpg

I think the face armour is a bit much but other than that it seems pretty amazing.

I genuinely love that costume.

So the front page of SHH has some news on the new Amazon pilot in development...

Details Revealed on the CW's New Wonder Woman Series

First announced back in September, The CW is developing a new "Wonder Woman" pilot in the hopes of bringing the character back in a regular television series. Today, Deadline reveals that the new take on the DC Comics heroine may actually focus on a new iteration of Wonder Woman with a character named Iris.

The site managed to get their hands on a character description being used in the casting process. They note that the network is looking for particularly tall actresses to play the part, asking for those who audition to be 5'8" or taller. The leaked description reads as follows:

She comes from a remote, secluded country and until now has spent most of her life as a soldier and a leader on the battlefield. Because of relentless brutality of her life at home, Iris looks at our world with absolute awe and astonishment.

So it's not Princess Diana, and life on Themyscira (or whatever they're going to call it) is defined by "relentless brutality." Why even pretend that this is a Wonder Woman series?

Once again, DC/WB shows how much they don't care about Wonder Woman. Look for the pilot to be scrapped in the near future, leading to another round of talks about how "hard" it is to adapt this character.

Pretty much, but it is the CW, so it will have less care than any care in the past WW has received.

Really? Worse then crying over boys while eating ice cream?

sounds awful that doesn't sound a thing like WW

WB doesn't get it and they never will

I just wanted to throw in another name to see what you guys think... Lauren Cohan from The Walkin Dead.

That CW thing sounds really bad. I hope they rethink that.

Ugh, so sad. The masses really don't understand that Wonder Woman is an Amazon in name only. She, and the other Amazons, are not anything like any of the Amazon myths or stereotypes (beyond being tall and being *able* to fight). But in order to get that you'd have to already like/know Wonder Woman, so everyone hears 'Amazon' and says "Oh, she's an Amazon!" And that's not it.

I was excited about this before. CW's done right by Oliver, afaic, I thought they could do the same for Wondy. Speaking of which, this is much the same character beat as Oliver, just without the previous familiarity with the world.

"Hey guys! I have this GREAT idea for a new Wonder Woman series. Go with me on this! Instead of a peaceful island, the character will come from a brutal wartorn country. Oh and it won't have Wonder Woman in it. It'll be GREAT!!"

DC - "Yes! We love it! *bends over*

As long as they don't mean much of the stuff in there literally, I'm fine...

What I mean is... Iris could be a casting codename... which doesn't hurt.

The description of Themyscira isn't all that bad, though not what we usually imagine it to be. The point they are probably trying to make is "Its lost to the world and you probably haven't heard about it"!

And if they can get the "looks at our world with absolute awe and astonishment" part right, I'd know that the heart of the show at least is in the right place...

Though WB has a history of messing non "Batman/Chris Nolan rip-off (Arrow?)" stuff up.

And the less said about CW the better!

So it's not Princess Diana, and life on Themyscira (or whatever they're going to call it) is defined by "relentless brutality." Why even pretend that this is a Wonder Woman series?

That's pretty much the New 52 Wonder Woman.

That's a good point too Zeerola, it definitely takes off from the current successful version where the Amazons are definitely about that relentless brutality. I don't think the blame lies with the execs here.

The writer of "Amazon" Allan Heinberg recently posted this on his Twitter account:

Allan Heinberg ‏@allanheinberg
Merciful Minerva! So much for using code names to avoid internet speculation. ;)

Eh, I don't know... I still think WW would be best served as a film (series), so I'd rather that, but we'll see whether it'll only happen after the JL movie. I'd prefer an origin movie before JL...

As long as they don't mean much of the stuff in there literally, I'm fine...

What I mean is... Iris could be a casting codename... which doesn't hurt.

The description of Themyscira isn't all that bad, though not what we usually imagine it to be. The point they are probably trying to make is "Its lost to the world and you probably haven't heard about it"!

And if they can get the "looks at our world with absolute awe and astonishment" part right, I'd know that the heart of the show at least is in the right place...

Though WB has a history of messing non "Batman/Chris Nolan rip-off (Arrow?)" stuff up.

And the less said about CW the better!
I must be the only person to think Arrow is lame. IMO its Nolans Batman with a Vampire Diaries feel to it. Any gritty that they try to do gets nixed when they force in the bad acting and lovey/dovey crap.

It sounds strange but I was hoping for something closer to an urban Game of Thrones vibe.

it could be decent...but I just want a Wonder Woman movie
You cant get this imagery in a CW TV show:
2eupma8.jpg

2yyy0y9.jpg

2evuscx.jpg

Last edited:
Those are amazing blackman! I agree also nothing short of OUAT budget would make it work proprerly on a TV budget.

Iris could be changed to Diana at some point during the series?

Alright, I've checked around it it seems like the article here on SHH is misleading. Geoff Johns himself has said that it's just another typical name change done to obscure projects still in development, and that her name will be Diana in any actual show.

So we've stepped away from the abyss there. I'll move back to cautious optimism and give this project a chance for now - though I'm still concerned that they'll use the brutal, New 52 sex pirate characterization for the other Amazons.

Her name is still Diana, but that's not the point.

So you name the show Amazon. But you turn Diana from an Amazon to a soldier from an obscure country. What? Will this iteration even have powers? WTF is this bs lmfao

I just wanted to throw in another name to see what you guys think... Lauren Cohan from The Walkin Dead.

That CW thing sounds really bad. I hope they rethink that.

Love it! I originally suggested her but after thought I don't know if she can crack the big screen just yet.

Somewhere out there, legendary actress to be Bridget Regan is on a plane to be cast as Wonder Woman. My dreams will finally come true.

Geoff Johns tweeted that if the show does happen Diana will be her name - not Iris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"