The Official Hype Fitness Thread 6.0 - Part 8

Iceman are you walking in inclement weather too?

So I dont see a thread any where about like working out losing weight eating right etc so I thought I would make one. Just wondering like how do you people try to stay healthy/lose weight/bulid musle etc? Like how do you work out? Do you work out? What do you eat etc. I weigh about 212 not supposed to way more than about 180 for my height of 5-9/5-10. I dont like to work out un less I am like playing basketball or something because it fells like to much of a chore other wise and working a job where I am on my feet for 8 hours a day its like I dont want to go to a gym and be on my feet even more and going to the gym of course takes time and money and I dont have the best paying job so I dont want another bill. Also being that I am working/going to school and also trying to find a new job all at the same time has cant stand my job I dont have a lot of free time. I would like to lose around 15lbs and keep it off if I could because when I get 200+ I tend to have heart burn issues some of it is the stress that work causes me to has i am stressed out like 100% of the time heavest I got ever was 232 that was a while ago though. Even if I eat really while for like a month meaning like no fast food not like cokies, ice cream etc I tend to only lose like maybe 1-2 lbs. Also because of the stress like all I want to do is eat ice cream and cookies just makes me want surgar. How do you people not given in to wanting sugar and being like addictied to it?

Also got to talking to some friends the last few days one who has managed to lose a lot of weight post highschool about 11 years ago when we graduated and he was talking about maybe going to the gym being work out buddies but like I said I dont want to because of how I hate working out and it being another bill and time and some one else who she had managed to lose some weight that she had gained after highschool and she said I could use her bowflex for a while has she dosnt really need it has she got some other kind of work out machine. Just wondering how well do those work? Do any of you guys use them? I also know there is something also called total gym they are seem to cost a lot but bowflex a lot more cheapest one I could find on amazon looking for bowflex was like 500 for total gym like 200. I figured it would be better and easier than having to go to the gym because dont have to pay eatch month to go, the time to go and also at home I could work out while I watch sports on tv making it maybe fell like a little less of a work out if I am watching something I like a lot on tv at the same time.

So I dont see a thread any where about like working out losing weight eating right etc so I thought I would make one.
Someone didn't look very hard; http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=495387 :cwink:

Just wondering like how do you people try to stay healthy/lose weight/bulid musle etc? Like how do you work out? Do you work out? What do you eat etc.
Getting into shape requires three things; mobility, diet and discipline (and I suppose motivation, but that'll come under discipline I guess?)

I'm 31, and whilst I'm still carrying a few extra lbs, I'm in considerably better shape that I was in my teenage years and early 20's (when everyone else is usually at their peak). I achieved this, quite simply, by weight training and cardio workouts - and of course, less snacking.

I've always been a [casual] cyclist, though started doing intensity cycling, rowing and infrequent treadmill stuff in the gym, alongside weight training and those initial lbs dropped off.

I don't do cardio at the gym anymore; I get my cardio workouts through cycling and running (at least until recently). My gym routines (as you'll see in the other thread) are weight workouts only, typically an hour of weights, then half hour of stretches and floor/core workouts, two or three times a week.

I typically don't have rest days, because I don't feel as though I need them. If I'm alternative my exercises between cardio and the gym, whatever I'm not doing is resting already.

I weigh about 212 not supposed to way more than about 180 for my height of 5-9/5-10. I dont like to work out un less I am like playing basketball or something because it fells like to much of a chore other wise and working a job where I am on my feet for 8 hours a day its like I dont want to go to a gym and be on my feet even more and going to the gym of course takes time and money and I dont have the best paying job so I dont want another bill.
You don't have to go to the gym. You can workout at home. The gym is more kit convenience, but you can do amply bodyweight stuff to notice a difference if you put your mind to it.

Even if I eat really while for like a month meaning like no fast food not like cokies, ice cream etc I tend to only lose like maybe 1-2 lbs. Also because of the stress like all I want to do is eat ice cream and cookies just makes me want surgar. How do you people not given in to wanting sugar and being like addictied to it?
Like everything, cookies, ice cream and chocolate are not bad for you - if eaten in moderation and with a balanced diet. If you're snacking, or eating fast/sugary foods a lot (without exercise) you're not going to notice a difference. A month isn't going to have a long-term effect either, if you're trying to diet or change your shape, you need to be in it for the long-run.

It's also worth noting (depending on serious you potentially take it) that some people are just genetically chubbier, taller, bulkier or skinnier than others. Some people have fast metabolisms, others have slow. You could diet and work out exactly the same as one of your friends, and you may both get very different results from it.

As far as meal dieting goes; if you're not doing much in terms of being active, lay off the carbs. More Salad, Vegetables and Meat, less Potatoes, Rice, Pasta & Pizza.

I've been on a bodyweight (SpecForce Alpha by Todd Lamb) workout program for the past couple years. Thanks to an knee/quad injury I suffered while playing Touch Rugby last year, obviously, that did hinder my progress. Now that I've finally gotten my full range of motion back, I'm back where I started.

I was previously lifting weights from a Vince DelMonte program and starting on Todd Lamb's program really took a lot out of me, lol.

Someone didn't look very hard; http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=495387 :cwink:

Getting into shape requires three things; mobility, diet and discipline (and I suppose motivation, but that'll come under discipline I guess?)

I'm 31, and whilst I'm still carrying a few extra lbs, I'm in considerably better shape that I was in my teenage years and early 20's (when everyone else is usually at their peak). I achieved this, quite simply, by weight training and cardio workouts - and of course, less snacking.

I've always been a [casual] cyclist, though started doing intensity cycling, rowing and infrequent treadmill stuff in the gym, alongside weight training and those initial lbs dropped off.

I don't do cardio at the gym anymore; I get my cardio workouts through cycling and running (at least until recently). My gym routines (as you'll see in the other thread) are weight workouts only, typically an hour of weights, then half hour of stretches and floor/core workouts, two or three times a week.

I typically don't have rest days, because I don't feel as though I need them. If I'm alternative my exercises between cardio and the gym, whatever I'm not doing is resting already.

You don't have to go to the gym. You can workout at home. The gym is more kit convenience, but you can do amply bodyweight stuff to notice a difference if you put your mind to it.

Like everything, cookies, ice cream and chocolate are not bad for you - if eaten in moderation and with a balanced diet. If you're snacking, or eating fast/sugary foods a lot (without exercise) you're not going to notice a difference. A month isn't going to have a long-term effect either, if you're trying to diet or change your shape, you need to be in it for the long-run.

It's also worth noting (depending on serious you potentially take it) that some people are just genetically chubbier, taller, bulkier or skinnier than others. Some people have fast metabolisms, others have slow. You could diet and work out exactly the same as one of your friends, and you may both get very different results from it.

As far as meal dieting goes; if you're not doing much in terms of being active, lay off the carbs. More Salad, Vegetables and Meat, less Potatoes, Rice, Pasta & Pizza.

Yeah I would agree about those 3 things and diet and discipline kind of go together in that you need to be disciplined to eat while and not eat junk. About like weights and amount of time and how often a week like how do you bulid up? I am not in the best shape even when I was younger and really skinny and played a lot of basketball my endurance was not that great like yeah I would play a lot but I would have to take a lot of breaks never had great stamina and I have asthma and that of course makes it harder. I hate having asthma because with out it I would be able to exercise more and so like burn ca easier. Now when I go and play basketball I will try to play for a hour but a lot of times I will only play like 45 minutes and than I am like done because I just cant breath and I crap up with exercising to like in the hamstring area and some on the side of my stomach. When it comes to weights not cardio the only time I never really did weights was a few times in highschool and a few times the last few years. I know it takes time to try to increase stamina and that some pain with weights is not a bad thing means you are working hard but in the past when I did weights I almost felt like I couldn't get out of bed the next morning because of how sore it made me fell. I was thinking about using the bowflex like I said because some one I know says I could use there's for a while and I am more likely to exercise at home than gym has I dont have to pay for gym than and dont have to spend time to go to the gym and being able to watch tv while working out would make things a little less boring and not fun.

Yes I know moderation is important and that if you eat like sugar things hear and there its not a big deal but I have a hard time not going crazy like buying ice cream pretty often and when I do not just eating it and than maybe eating it again like a week or 2 later or something but instead getting ice cream and eating a full 1.5-1.75qt in like 3-4 nights. Like I said stress makes me want sugar trying to not give in all the time to it. Yes I agree that a month is not a long time and yes its true you have to change long tream that is why a lot of diets fail because people will eat better for a few months or so lose say 20lbs in like 4 months and than kind of go back to before and so they just gain the weight back. I am just saying that even when I do eat pretty well its not easy for me to lose weight like it might be for some other people.

Yes ever one is different like you said. Some people can bulid muscle easier and age has a lot to do with it to. Me and you are both kind of at the end age of like when its normally the easyist to lose fat and bulid muscle. Guys peak is from like 25 to early 30's then metabolism tend to start to slow down some. One person could try to gain like 20lbs of muscle and succeed and other person could try to do the same thing and eat and exercise just like the other person and only gain like 10 lbs of muscle instead. Also starting position makes a difference to. If you take 2 people one that weighs 400 and one that ways 200 its going to be easier for the 400 lbs person to lose weight has you have to not only eat bad foods but a lot to in order to matain a 400 lbs weight.

When it comes to diet I am trying to lay off so much sugar and I cant stand vegitables but love furite so I am like bleading them together to up my vegitables and trying to replace some of the meat sizes I eat and bread size I eat with that instead so I can be getting less/more healty type of ca.

About like weights and amount of time and how often a week like how do you bulid up?
With time and patience. You can get results quicker if you take steroids and drink protein shakes and such, but I'd encourage you to avoid them; do it naturally.

You'll need a gym (or some equipment/exercises) and then you'll need to get cracking. Start with twice a week for maybe a month, then increase to three days a week, then four - of course, depending what else it is you're doing with your free time. In this instance though, training is better than sitting on the sofa watching Netflix.

I hate having asthma because with out it I would be able to exercise more and so like burn ca easier. Now when I go and play basketball I will try to play for a hour but a lot of times I will only play like 45 minutes and than I am like done because I just cant breath and I crap up with exercising to like in the hamstring area and some on the side of my stomach.
Some of the best forms of exercise are HIIT (high-intensity-interval-training). It's better for everyone to do a hard 30 minutes than it is to do a more casual hour.

30 minutes of HIIT will be better for you than an hour of something more casual.

I know it takes time to try to increase stamina and that some pain with weights is not a bad thing means you are working hard but in the past when I did weights I almost felt like I couldn't get out of bed the next morning because of how sore it made me fell.
The feeling of soreness is simply your muscles repairing themselves (and getting stronger in the process). I do find it odd that you struggled to get out of bed though? You probably went too heavy too fast.

Lets say you're doing a set of dumbbell curls, and lets say you're doing three sets of 12 reps. By the end of each set, you ideally need to feel a burn, but you still need to be able to lift the weight - if you can't, it's too heavy so you need to drop it down a bit.

Like I said stress makes me want sugar trying to not give in all the time to it. Yes I agree that a month is not a long time and yes its true you have to change long tream that is why a lot of diets fail because people will eat better for a few months or so lose say 20lbs in like 4 months and than kind of go back to before and so they just gain the weight back. I am just saying that even when I do eat pretty well its not easy for me to lose weight like it might be for some other people.
That's just luck of the genetic draw. There's no fix for this.

Binge Eating (when you're feeling down) is only going to make you feel good for a short duration. As soon as that rush wears off, you'll end up feeling even more crap - then you'll want to eat more. Don't.

When it comes to diet I am trying to lay off so much sugar and I cant stand vegitables but love furite so I am like bleading them together to up my vegitables and trying to replace some of the meat sizes I eat and bread size I eat with that instead so I can be getting less/more healty type of ca.
Fruit actually has quite a lot of sugar in it, but it's natural sugar, rather than processed. Too much fruit can be just as bad for you as a chocolate bar or cake.

You can't hate all vegetables though? Surely? There's a lot of them out there. Mix them up a bit if you need too? Swede, Carrot & Potato mash? Maybe the odd Cauliflower or Brocolli Cheese (though instead of flour, use mustard), throw in some bacon, peas, onion sweetcorn and chunks or carrot or parsnips and make yourself a stir-fry (just go easy on the oil).

If you need to eat bread/rice/pasta, try to buy wholegrain, or (with bread) make sure it has seeds in it; its slightly better for you.

I gave up sugar after I had my wisdom teeth removed a few years ago. I use to have a bad habit of eating a chocolate bar with my breakfast more or less daily for a good 5 or 6 years, so my taste buds had adjusted to the sweetness. After I had the teeth removed I could only eat soups for the best part of 10 days, so my taste buds reverted to their natural state. When I went back to my old habit I realised how sweet the chocolate bars I was eating were, that was the last time I did that, ever since I've pretty much stuck to sugar free foods, fresh meats, broccoli, salads, milk and cheese, etc. The only chocolate I have now is the occasional sugar free bar from the health food isle. I recommend going on the caveman diet if you want to lose weight, cut the breads and pastas out too.

Iceman are you walking in inclement weather too?

So far just really hot weather on the way in as it’s peak afternoon sun. That definitely slows me down. But yeah, will be interesting to see what this route is like in winter!

With time and patience. You can get results quicker if you take steroids and drink protein shakes and such, but I'd encourage you to avoid them; do it naturally.

You'll need a gym (or some equipment/exercises) and then you'll need to get cracking. Start with twice a week for maybe a month, then increase to three days a week, then four - of course, depending what else it is you're doing with your free time. In this instance though, training is better than sitting on the sofa watching Netflix.

Some of the best forms of exercise are HIIT (high-intensity-interval-training). It's better for everyone to do a hard 30 minutes than it is to do a more casual hour.

30 minutes of HIIT will be better for you than an hour of something more casual.

The feeling of soreness is simply your muscles repairing themselves (and getting stronger in the process). I do find it odd that you struggled to get out of bed though? You probably went too heavy too fast.

Lets say you're doing a set of dumbbell curls, and lets say you're doing three sets of 12 reps. By the end of each set, you ideally need to feel a burn, but you still need to be able to lift the weight - if you can't, it's too heavy so you need to drop it down a bit.

That's just luck of the genetic draw. There's no fix for this.

Binge Eating (when you're feeling down) is only going to make you feel good for a short duration. As soon as that rush wears off, you'll end up feeling even more crap - then you'll want to eat more. Don't.

Fruit actually has quite a lot of sugar in it, but it's natural sugar, rather than processed. Too much fruit can be just as bad for you as a chocolate bar or cake.

You can't hate all vegetables though? Surely? There's a lot of them out there. Mix them up a bit if you need too? Swede, Carrot & Potato mash? Maybe the odd Cauliflower or Brocolli Cheese (though instead of flour, use mustard), throw in some bacon, peas, onion sweetcorn and chunks or carrot or parsnips and make yourself a stir-fry (just go easy on the oil).

If you need to eat bread/rice/pasta, try to buy wholegrain, or (with bread) make sure it has seeds in it; its slightly better for you.

Yeah I am not going to do that nature is the most healthiest way over all. Well I dont have much free time at all with work/school and HW but I figured I could do it a few times a week while I am watching sports. Well I know some sorness is good but like I said weights tend to make me extremely score not just a little bit but I guess that is because I am not in the best shape but I dont get sorness has much not even close to has much from like just running or playing basketball like I do with weights and the few times I did weights I didn't really do that much but yet got very sore. I know when I waitboard during the summer have not been able to this year because my parents boat needs to be fixed and my mom having knee issues but when I do the first time I do it I can almost hardly move the first time I do it and that is how I am with weights but maybe its because I am not used to using my muscles in that kind of way. Yeah if I like cant do something any more I am not going to keep trying to go. Yeah genicts suck lol.

Binge eating I dont do most of the time I only eat when I am truly hungrey my problem is just like eating ice cream/cookies type of stuff to often. The only time I would say I eat a lot of food is when I have a odd kind of work shift but that is only because I am truly hungrey then and it takes a lot to fell me up has a result. If I eat a late meal or skip a meal I tend to Binge but only because it causes me to became a bottles pint. Like if I eat say like a 11 am lunch then I tend to be starving by dinner and will eat much more or if I eat like a 1:30-2 lunch I will not get that full and so I will be starving for dinner early but luckly I dont get a lot of odd late shifts at work any more its about the only thing that dosnt suck with my job.

I know that furit has sugar in it but like you said a lot better than process sugar. Never like whole grain bread and no I am not joking when I say I dont like vegitables. I will eat broklie, cartos, black olives, corn and green beans but that is like it and the only ones I would say I like are corn and black olives. The other 3 I will eat but I dont really like them I can just stand them is all. Problem with most vegitables is either they taste like crap or have very little taste I could so easily go the west of my life with no vegitables and not miss them at all but my body would hate me lol. What I have been trying to do is like mix things like blue barriers with spinach type of thing has I know spinach is a super food so good for you and so very few ca in it.

I gave up sugar after I had my wisdom teeth removed a few years ago. I use to have a bad habit of eating a chocolate bar with my breakfast more or less daily for a good 5 or 6 years, so my taste buds had adjusted to the sweetness. After I had the teeth removed I could only eat soups for the best part of 10 days, so my taste buds reverted to their natural state. When I went back to my old habit I realised how sweet the chocolate bars I was eating were, that was the last time I did that, ever since I've pretty much stuck to sugar free foods, fresh meats, broccoli, salads, milk and cheese, etc. The only chocolate I have now is the occasional sugar free bar from the health food isle. I recommend going on the caveman diet if you want to lose weight, cut the breads and pastas out too.

Seems odd to me I can tell how sweet stuff is already but that is why I love them lol. I think pastas would be so much easier to give up/ eat less of than breads. With out bread that means like no sandwitches and that is about the only thing I eat for lunch.

Seems odd to me I can tell how sweet stuff is already but that is why I love them lol. I think pastas would be so much easier to give up/ eat less of than breads. With out bread that means like no sandwitches and that is about the only thing I eat for lunch.

Trust me, once you remove sugar for a while your taste buds will change and you'll realise just how sweet chocolate and sugary treats are. I recommend wraps as alternative to bread. Less bloating.

I want to lose some weight so i started working out 3 times per week + I keep on a healthy diet. It gives great result, I've lost 10 lbs already. Also I want to make pdo threads in NYC clinic, it's non-surgical means to lift and tighten loose, sagging skin tissues. I heard so many positive reviews about this procedure so I decided to give it a try too.

Last edited:
I want to lose some weight so i started working out 3 times per week + I keep on a healthy diet. It gives great result, I've lost 10 lbs already. Also I want to make pdo threads in NYC clinic, it's non-surgical means to lift and tighten loose, sagging skin tissues. I heard so many positive reviews about this procedure so I decided to give it a try too.
You have, or you're going too?

In any case, you'll probably want to reach a healthy figure and balance before you undertake any form of surgery (if that wasn't already obvious). :)

You have, or you're going too?

In any case, you'll probably want to reach a healthy figure and balance before you undertake any form of surgery (if that wasn't already obvious). :)
It's non surgical procedure. Anyway you're right I want to reach a healthy figure. :yay:

you can have sandwiches without bread, or even with less bread

Lol what? How do you make a sandwich without bread? :oldrazz:

lettuce wraps, tortillas, lol

Yeah that's not a sandwich :cwink:

By the way, I don't think I ever could give up bread. Well of course I could but I'd rather not. I eat just plain bread, it's so delicious :hmr:

Last edited:
Been running home from work (about 5 miles) a few times a week. Feels so good afterwards.

little under the weather but i really want to push hard on some goals for September

* average 7500 steps a day
* eat out less than twice a week
* get more sleep
* drink more water
* try at least one new thing to eat

Ok here come the "before the year ends" goal:

Pull up.

That's it.

The pull up evades and mocks me. Like, chin ups are no problem but that daaaaaaayyyyyyym pull up just won't happen!! :cmad::cmad::cmad:

That's because they are hard. But they do use totally different muscles to a chin-up

proxy.duckduckgo.png

I hate them... :hehe:

On a serious note, make your grip less wide until you are able to do them. Then as your strength gradually improves, widen the grip.

ive been doing horrible the past 2-3 weeks :/

It happens to all of us from time to time. Just get through it and put yourself back on track as soon as you are able to...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"