Wow! The NEW (Hype!) TiVo Can Do So Much! - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully they do an anthology film set just after The Phantom Menace wherein CGI Tarkin and CGI Dooku fight their way through a haunted space train on Dathomir.

I'm actually shocked Filoni didn't try anything like that for TCW.

raw

Serious question, do you have Marvel radar? If I farted and it sounded like 'BUCKY', you magically show up... it's like the Voldemort name taboo curse.

God forbid anyone criticize the Marvel universe.
God forbid someone have an opinion that differs from Reek's.

It's like the notion that a 14 film franchise has a few misfires is unacceptable. Who cares, they gave us Winter Soldier.
Not really. I and others actually like some movies youdo n't....weird ain't it.

Thor 2 is a dumpster fire. Underdevloped plot. Underdeveloped waste of a villain. Benny Hill shenanigans. Some of Marvel's worst forced humor. Selvig's character streaking. Odin the *****efather.
Nah....it's funny. I like Benny Hill.

:huh:

I liked Thor 1 enough. Thor 2 I didn't even finish.. I don't have a 'need' to dislike something in the Marvel universe, as you said for some reason. I like both DC and Marvel.

I do agree, though. God does forbid opinions differing from mine.

Serious question, do you have Marvel radar? If I farted and it sounded like 'BUCKY', you magically show up... it's like the Voldemort name taboo curse.

So weird that I'd be wanting to talk superhero movies on a superhero message board. Good thing I tend to keep it in the proper section.

Not really. I and others actually like some movies youdo n't....weird ain't it.

Nah....it's funny. I like Benny Hill.

:up:

200.gif

So weird that I'd be wanting to talk superhero movies on a superhero message board. Good thing I tend to keep it in the proper section.

Well, I'm not the one who brought it up in the TiVo thread. Hsssss!!!!

tttLD9I.jpg

We should TiVo the entire Alien: Covenant thread.

Personally, I actually like the Thor comics. Walt Simonson, Oeming, JMS, Kieron Gillen, Jason Aaron...these guys did some amazing stories that really played with some great themes of man's perception of gods and vice versa. I really do hope they can get the film series on track with Ragnarok and I've been excited by the news that's coming out, but simply put the last two films haven't been all that good in my opinion.

That's not a blanket statement or me taking a potshot at the MCU, that's me genuinely feeling that the duology didn't deliver, as an adaptation of the comics or as standalone pieces of entertainment. The notion that people only hate on the films because they have some kind of anti-Marvel agenda is unfair.

here's a question... if Thor was in the DCU, would it be considered better compared to BvS and SS? It seems like Thor gets more hate because it's not as good as it's companion movies... Well... Iron Man 2 was pretty bad... but yea

It does sound that way there don't it.....guess I'm sleepy and not getting things out as clearly as I intended.

Don't stress, I've become more ibuprofen than human being lately, I know how you feel.

We should TiVo the entire Alien: Covenant thread.

That or the Power Rangers one. I'm pretty sure posters there are now creating throwaway Twitter accounts to claim they've seen a test screening, and that it proves the "haters" wrong, and then using those tweets to back up their own opinions. It's magnificent to watch.

That or the Power Rangers one. I'm pretty sure posters there are now creating throwaway Twitter accounts to claim they've seen a test screening, and that it proves the "haters" wrong, and then using those tweets to back up their own opinions. It's magnificent to watch.

giphy.gif

here's a question... if Thor was in the DCU, would it be considered better compared to BvS and SS? It seems like Thor gets more hate because it's not as good as it's companion movies... Well... Iron Man 2 was pretty bad... but yea

One thing I genuinely can't stand is people who base their like or dislike of a CBM on the production shingle in front of the film and not the rest of it. Not saying anyone here, but it's ****ing obnoxious.

It's like everything the Hype is, distilled into one thread. People defending a movie to the death, other people ripping a movie apart that has had one single trailer, and then the virulent personal attacks. Usually it spreads out over a bunch of different threads in one forum. It's pure, 100%. Drink it in.

I won't blame anyone for disliking the Thor movies; they have glaring flaws, but they have characters that seem to work for audiences. That's what it comes down to. No matter how fatally flawed Suicide Squad was, it had the most likable characters and is arguably the biggest hit of the DCEU thus far. Had BvS and MoS worked harder in making their main players likable, the conversation would be different.

Man of Steel is better than both Thors, in my opinion, and I'd put the BvS Ultimate Extended Master Edition 4K ahead of Thor 2, at least.

It's like everything the Hype is, distilled into one thread. People defending a movie to the death, other people ripping a movie apart that has had one single trailer, and then the virulent personal attacks. Usually it spreads out over a bunch of different threads in one forum. It's pure, 100%. Drink it in.

Yeah, I just don't get people who commit hours of their time getting in huge multiquote debates over stuff they hate. i just don't have the energy or the ****s to give.

Yeah, I just don't get people who commit hours of their time getting in huge multiquote debates over stuff they hate. i just don't have the energy or the ****s to give.

They are devoted to trying to prove the other person wrong. But how do you prove a person's tastes wrong? It's like they're hoping for the other side to one day go "you know what, you've shown me the light, learned one. I was wrong to question you. Please submit a list of media for me to consume in place of my favoured ones."

They are devoted to trying to prove the other person wrong. But how do you prove a person's tastes wrong? It's like they're hoping for the other side to one day go "you know what, you've shown me the light, learned one. I was wrong to question you. Please submit a list of media for me to consume in place of my favoured ones."

Jesus, I'm glad you posted this in the TiVo thread, because it belongs here. And the kicker is, that each side has to go to the absolute extreme to defend their position. It's either the most incompetent thing ever made, or it's perfect cinema. Hell, I got blasted (by a mod!) because I said the Justice League trailer looks Arthurian, I didn't even make a statement of quality, I just saw knights in the trailer!

The best way to describe how the Hype gets at its worst is a lack of empathy. There are a number of people on this forum, many of which probably come to mind right away, who will view a movie or TV show a certain way, and then they will be incapable of viewing it in any different light. And then when another poster chimes in, with a differing view, the first person looks at it as "well, this person must have watched it wrong, or not paid attention, or done something to come to the incorrect conclusion, because it's different from mine and mine is the only correct viewpoint". And then pages of pages of arguments will follow from this, leading nowhere, until it degrades into personal attacks, reportings and bannings. No one learned anything, and we're all the worse for it. And then someone will pop back up a day later, do the same thing over again, but add this emoji :funny: just to make sure they rile up the other side and start it all over again.

It's why I generally stick to Community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"