Wow! The NEW (Hype!) TiVo Can Do So Much! - Part 6

And you're too eager to see them. Not everyone on message boards are going to get along. There are long-standing grudges, hostilities and cliques here as there are in any community. When those get out of hand, we step in. But we aren't pre-school teachers. Nor are we mediators. For the most part, you work out your own ****.

Billy-D_Approves.gif

immediately after i posted... you know damn well who you aimed it at.

i didnt congregate with anyone. but dont pretend that poster doesnt annoy you as well.
Believe what you want, but it truly was not aimed at any one person. And when someone annoys me, I don't publicly announce it (unless we're friends and it's said in jest...or family). I wouldn't do so in real life, and therefore I wouldn't do so on a message board. I was raised to believe that would be rude.

Last edited:
I think everyone here needs a massive chill pill. I have been in all kinds of groups and teams in my life, and light-hearted rubbing has been part of every group I have ever been on. Whether it was a sports team or my comrades I frequently worked with in film school. Having fun with each other is not bullying. This thread is meant to have fun, but it is meant to have fun WITH you. Not to make anyone feel bad about themselves. When that line is crossed, we step in. We do our best to monitor this board and prevent bullying. I don't like bullies. Period. No matter what shape and size they come in. If you feel like that line is being crossed, that is when you report it to us. We take these matters very seriously. I grew up a 6"3 male who played football, but I've experienced bullies (though granted...I was 6"3 and on the football team...I could handle myself :o ). I don't want you guys going through any of that. None of us on the staff do. But by that same token, I am going to review both sides of a situation before making a determination bullying has occurred. But you should never suffer in silence and always let us know when you're feeling that line is crossed. That's a big part of why we're here (not just to yell at you for going off-topic :cmad: )

As for this side argument about the use of the word "a-holes" in this context, I also don't think flickchick was pointing that to anyone in particular. It's a general sentiment that this thread is not meant for you to be a jerk to someone on here you don't like (which is something for everyone to takeaway...not just 1 person). Again, it is meant to be light hearted fun. That's what she was saying. I can see Reek where you thought she was making a pointed comment at you given the timing of when she made the comment. But I read this entire thread chain, and I don't think she was at all.

In other words just kiss already. :o

Just another day on the Hype...

I didn't know SHH was filled with so many choir boys.

Word of advice though, people are going to disagree with you on things. You can't just live life believing that anyone that disagrees with you is a s***bag.

Dudes brag about chicks they smashed all the time. I'm guilty. My friends are guilty. If I ever confided in anyone it meant that I valued their friendship and their bond over the girl in question. Whether it was a mutual friend or someone I would never see again. Girls do it too.

If this is shocking news to you then I don't know what to tell you.

I'm actually gonna go with NOT a PBU per se but the sock account of somebody that is a PBU but came back under another name, and leave it at that.

Do guys really say they "smashed" a girl? It doesn't even make sense unless you like to beat up women.

It's... Uh...

Yeah. We do. I can't say it's in my vocabulary per se but I'm sure I've used equally dumb metaphors. I'm not gonna try to defend it but I can't deny it. We use language like that all the time.

Do guys really say they "smashed" a girl? It doesn't even make sense unless you like to beat up women.

If a guy uses that word they'd typically say they "Smashed that *****." Rather than saying they "Smashed that girl".

The English language has all sorts of euphemisms for sex. A quick Google search finds a list of 400 different ones for sex in the English language. And that's not even all of them. Some of them are really really odd and have to have some bizarre or obscure origins.

slaying is another one.

Ah yes, I've heard slaying the dragon to refer to a one night stand with a not so attractive woman.

Just because I know what women say after crappy one night stands that I won't judge, but remember guys, she's probably getting Plan B as you knock her looks so give her some credit.

This is how slang works lol. If you look for literal meanings you're doing it wrong. Once it makes sense it's no longer slang.

I miss that we still can't do proper searches. I can't even find some of my classic Tivos. :(

I have definitely said “I smashed so and so.” And my girlfriends and friend girls have said it as well. It wasn’t a gendered term for me growing up and still isn’t. It’s not even a hetero term.

Maybe it’s just because I’m black and from Chicago, but pretty much every millennial said it regardless of gender or sexual preference.

Breh used a Pron scene to make his point. lol

I'm sure there are plenty comicbook panels that shows this point, but guess he decided to kill two birds with one stone.

The mistake of previous movies have been made is the lack of romance, overdose of action scenes will make the film become unbalanced, new movie should have more romance scenes. Imagine a scene when he makes love in the Batsuit without the cowl, show off his face, in half Batman-half Bruce Wayne state, that scene will show two sides emotions of a character at the same time and he looks hot in that state, it will turn the audience on.
10017.jpg
10019.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"