Sequels X-Men Sequel - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok guys.....as the posts some of you made after my earlier post in here show.....subtlety goes over your heads.....so let me make it plain and clear......IF ANYONE MAKES SNARKY COMMENTS ABOUT ANYONE ELSE IN HERE, THEY GET TIME OFF. Simple ain't it. Post civil or get probation.

On topic if supernova is to really start filming in may then february is month we should have some news especilly since kinberg is bound to do interviews for logan.

back in 2010 Vaughn was hired in may and first class begain filming at end of august.

On topic if supernova is to really start filming in may

We heard something is shooting then and that New Mutants appears to be somewhen else, but is there a chance - with the TV news - that it is Singer himself that starts shooting in May for the pilot?

Before DOFP I always thought time travel in the xfilms would be a bit of a jumping the shark moment, but it worked out fine in the end.

I am having that same jumping the shark fear with the xmen going to space, especially if the rumors about the next film are true. If they do go, It will hopefully be more along the lines of them being teleported to another world like Mojoverse or negative zone. They won't be qualified Astronauts overnight, wear space suits and go to space.

Honestly i don't think them going to space will work quite as fluently as people may picture in their minds because obviously none of this out of world stuff has been in the films before so it will have to be introduced naturally into the X-Men universe so you can probably bet a fair share of it will be set on earth anyway.

I thought there would be some Alien stuff linked to Apocalypse origin. Maybe they will refer to that in the next film. Also that funny looking New Mutant character and the dragon pet thing are not from our world.

So, X-Men's pretty much counting on its own films only, which aren't getting "certified fresh" lately, unfortunately.
I actually agree with the rest of the points you made in this post, but the part I've quoted here is part of the problem. X-Men had 86% and 91% approval before Apocalypse came around. Apocalypse was the first movie in this universe not to be fresh since 2009. I think the fact that people are willing to ignore that so quickly and pretend that everything has been bad recently is a part of the bigger problem.

I think the fact that people are willing to ignore that so quickly and pretend that everything has been bad recently is a part of the bigger problem.

It's a new era with social media and add society. What have you done for me lately yadda yadda

These movies need to get more gifable tumblrly etc

Deadpool & Logan marketing have been best FoX ever had I hope X7 gets their marketing team.

Hardee's and M&M's and Skycable commercials were weird ideas (guess $ talks)

Marketing for Logan has been pretty standard, Deadpools was very much tv spots introduced by deadpool in funny ways aswell as funny posters.

Last edited:
I actually agree with the rest of the points you made in this post, but the part I've quoted here is part of the problem. X-Men had 86% and 91% approval before Apocalypse came around. Apocalypse was the first movie in this universe not to be fresh since 2009. I think the fact that people are willing to ignore that so quickly and pretend that everything has been bad recently is a part of the bigger problem.

Yeah, one mixed reviewed film since 2009 and its all give the rights back, panic chaos and Singer is the worse that Uwe Boll lol.

It's a new era with social media and add society. What have you done for me lately yadda yadda
Yeah pretty much.

Deadpool & Logan marketing have been best FoX ever had I hope X7 gets their marketing team.
I agree. Similarly Legion's marketing is also really on point as well. If they can do the same with X7 then we should be fine. ;)

Marketing for Logan has been pretty standard, Deadpools was very much tv spots introduced by deadpool in funny ways aswell as funny posters.
The marketing for Logan has been able to set the tone for the movie perfectly though. With two great trailers, the posters and the Instagram pictures.

Yeah, one mixed reviewed film since 2009 and its all give the rights back, panic chaos and Singer is the worse that Uwe Boll lol.
I know right? :p

Honestly i don't think them going to space will work quite as fluently as people may picture in their minds because obviously none of this out of world stuff has been in the films before so it will have to be introduced naturally into the X-Men universe so you can probably bet a fair share of it will be set on earth anyway.

It won't if they keep taking it the fantasy route more so than the sci-fi route. The first x-movies were a bit more grounded in sci-fi and I think part of the reason Apocalypse doesn't work is there's no cool tech, no spaceship, etc. It's all more of a mystical power and who knows where it comes from type of deal. X-Men started more from a genetics and mutation (science) perspective.

The Apocalypse and Horsemen outfits weren't sci-fi enough for me either, especially Apocalypse's. It's kinda silly.

Last edited:
For you to introduce a foreign enemy, I think you also have to develop the struggle at home first. So Apocalypse should have started out with the mutant/human conflicts at an international scale, just to remind us what the premise of X-Men is.

Apocalypse should have made an appearance halfway through and should have only been foreshadowed before (Singer is good at this: Recall the scene in the plastic prison cell: "Doesn't it ever wake you in the middle of the night, that they will come and take your children?" leading to the raid in X2). Religious references, alien references, etc. Bring in some researchers, maybe they've found mutant DNA on a meteor, whatever. As long as Apocalypse is not so random in the X-Men continuity (which he is).

Then there's the fact they never linked DOFP to Apocalypse. Asimple acknowledgement of the time travel in DOFP would've done. Just something subtle to understand Apocalypse is a result of time travel, maybe Apocalypse saying that he was awoken by some fool's tampering with space-time? He'd have an archaic way of putting it.

Last edited:
Someone should've asked Sophie Turner at the SAG awards if they are shooting in May for real.

Anyway I agree with x-er that XMA in general wasn't cool-looking enough, IMO creatively the filmmakers just weren't inspired.

Last edited:
Yes, but the fantasy take wasn't appropriate, either. On Issac's part, it was only the costume that bothered me, although that scene where he says, "Thanks for letting me in," is very, very creepy. well done

Yes, but the fantasy take wasn't appropriate, either.

His fans will disagree but his vision of proper comic book aesthetic just doesn't look right on film.

It just felt like too much going on. I like fantasy in X-MEN, should've been saved for Belasco or S'ym

I disagree that they have to stay grounded in sci-fi, this is a fantasy comic book with people with white hair and some who shoot lasers out of their eyeballs. It already fantasy and its nothing wrong with continuing down that path.

His fans will disagree but his vision of proper comic book aesthetic just doesn't look right on film.

Hard to argue that after Apocalypse.

As someone who enjoyed his grounded approach, I certainly didn't gain anything from watching Singer straining to appease comic purists. It fumbled around in the middle ground too much, so I guess no-one wins lol.

Did not like the choices made in both Joker and Apocalypse last year.

Hard to argue that after Apocalypse.

As someone who enjoyed his grounded approach, I certainly didn't gain anything from watching Singer straining to appease comic purists. It fumbled around in the middle ground too much, so I guess no-one wins lol.

and the singer haters just hate on everything he does.

singer has had lots of mutant powers even blue mutants.and compared to X-Men and X2 he did far more with mutant powers with DOFP and Apocalypse.
sentinles and time travel in DOFP and apocalypse are hardly grounded.

Vaughn treated hellfire club similar to how singer treated brotherhood in X-men and horseman In Apocalypse.Vaughn did film that had magneto for more as main character than apocalypse.

Fox's method is the director has lots of control inless something drastic changes it isn't going to be Singer.so style and who is focus of next film is
very much up in the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"