The Dark Knight Rises You Have My Permission To Lounge - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are right, after watching some more of his videos, his channel is fantastic. There are a few other videos of his that I'd seen before and didn't realize it was the same guy.

Another pretty cool Batman-related one I found:

[YT]HF-wVFTR0fg[/YT]

Yeah, the Nerd Writer is one of the best video essayists around. It amazes me that he can be so well informed and precise about so many subjects. From what I understand, he produces everything himself.

What do you guys think of the ending of the story (the comic, I dunno if the movie keeps it the same)? Do you agree with [BLACKOUT]Morrison that Batman kills the Joker[/BLACKOUT]?
I think the Killing Joke is leaving the fans dying to know how that story really ends.

I remember seeing this photo shopped picture a few years ago and thought how eerie it was.

2m6kiah.jpg

Funnily enough I see that leto is actually sporting this look in the new film.

2zxvam1.jpg

Looking at those two pics I can see Jared Leto under the make up, but with Heath he is unrecognizable.

Looking at those two pics I can see Jared Leto under the make up, but with Heath he is unrecognizable.

That's a very good point that I hadn't thought of yet. I think the only time i saw Heath even a little bit was that very first picture. Everything else i just Couldn't see him at all. All i saw was The Joker. Even with all the crazy stuff they've put on him, i still see Jared behind it. Especially that "show you my toys" bit, which is shot so similarly to the "why so serious" bit in TDK by the way. I get a little startled by that so it's easy to compare the two there.

There are some shots where I still see Jared, but there are more where I do not and just see the character. From what I have seen so far, I think he has done a good job transforming himself into the character. Me feeling that is the case when watching the movie is much more important than when looking at trailers and pictures though.

Yeah I think with Jared he naturally has those wide "psycho" eyes, which are remain the most striking feature for him even when he's under the Joker makeup so get a more "Jared as Joker" vibe. Whereas with Heath, it's more of a complete transformation and the panda makeup made his eyes pop in a really haunting way.

Good points. I think what I enjoyed about the photoshopped Heath pic (over the leto pic) is the contrast of the grungy looking Joker in a tuxedo. Leto looks like he belongs in it. Maybe he is like the Penguin in more ways than one :)

Leto doesn't look as much of a clown compared to Heath though.

Cause Leto's make-up artist paid more attention to tattoos.

That photo of Leto looks like he isn't even "in character" at all.

In every photo of Heath in full Joker attire he was always "on".

I never realized just how many close-up shots there is in Snyder's films, lol. I still haven't seen TKJ yet. Sucks that it's not even in the same ballpark as the graphic novel.

Last edited:
I just can’t take Leto’s Joker seriously with that stupid tattoo.

Nah, he's like Zsazz, he tattoed 'DAMAGED' on his forehead after he damaged Jason Todd.

Pardon me, good sirs! I didn’t realize that he was so damaged that even the director saw fit to smother him in tattoos. Perhaps, the director is damaged as well?

Has there been any talk about Leto's performance in SS yet? I know there has been some early screenings.

Has there been any talk about Leto's performance in SS yet? I know there has been some early screenings.

Reactions are from Twitter so far, so take them with a grain of salt, but he is getting mixed/polarized response.

Leto's Joker is what I am looking forward to the most in the movie. I really hope he is not disappointing.

"New live action Superman"
Everyone is busy staring at his ass.

That is sad, and currently hilarious.

Reactions are from Twitter so far, so take them with a grain of salt, but he is getting mixed/polarized response.
Early twitter reactions are the most positive and hyperbolic. If he is getting mixed reactions, then he is in trouble.

"New live action Superman"
Everyone is busy staring at his ass.

That is sad, and currently hilarious.

The suit's growing on me though, I must say. It'll be very interesting to compare and contrast two live-action Supermen being around at the same time.

The suit's growing on me though, I must say. It'll be very interesting to compare and contrast two live-action Supermen being around at the same time.
It will be more interesting if the TV guy doesn't have more screen time than the movie guy.

Today is Nolan's birthday, and interestingly enough - Joey King's (young Talia) birthday as well!

Happy birthday to both of them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"