5.15 Cyborg - Disussion Thread (Spoilers)

I wonder how he will look like. Will he be more of an android type thing like a Terminator or have parts showing on the outside like he looks like in the comics and on Teen Titans? :confused:

Spider-Gamer said:
I wonder how he will look like. Will he be more of an android type thing like a Terminator or have parts showing on the outside like he looks like in the comics and on Teen Titans? :confused:

I hope he looks very robot like, with robotic parts showing. Played by Samuel L. Jackson! yea baby!!:D

Not sure if this is a good idea.

Doesn't sound like a good idea,

They should have gone with Green Arrow.

As long as he's a decent actor and not a reality tv flunky, I'll let this slide. And who knows, it could be really good, we just dont know squat yet.

Hate the idea because of course he should only be a small child at this stage of Clarks life. I don't know why they have "Barbara Pennyworth" every character on the show.

The Sage said:
Not sure if this is a good idea...
OMG!!!

Must. Resist. The temptation. To bust. Sage's. Ballz. LMAO!!!! :p :p :p

kiss.gif

Hey Sage, wa'happened? No screen caps from Lexmas? :(

I dunno how I feel about this one...

...mostly because Cyborg is a Teen Titan. He first becomes a Teen Titan long after Superman is active, if I remember correctly. Are they going to stick with continuity and make him a little kid, or are they going to fudge with it so that he's Clark's age?

And I imagine that they wouldn't name the episode "Cyborg" if there wasn't an actual cyborg involved - simply for the fact that people not familiar with the DC universe would be extremely confused if the episode was called Cyborg and the "freak of the week" (as it were) wasn't an actual cyborg.

Two things I'm wondering are:

1.) Why Cyborg? Why not one of the other, more recognizable DCU heroes?

2.) What does Cyborg have to teach Clark about being a hero? So far, the future heroes of the DCU - Aquaman and Flash - who have showed up have had something to teach Clark. Flash taught Clark that he needs to use his powers responsibly (and vice versa) and Aquaman taught Clark to start thinking globally instead of locally.

I'm REALLY skeptical of this one until I hear more about it - especially since we've already gotten a "hero" episode this year (Aqua) and we've got another one with a "new" hero later on (Vengeance).

My guess is that he's the one they picked because he has not major motion picture deal in the works right now. It's ok, I'm pretty psyked about it!:up:

Lt. Figgnuts said:
...What does Cyborg have to teach Clark about being a hero? So far, the future heroes of the DCU - Aquaman and Flash - who have showed up have had something to teach Clark. Flash taught Clark that he needs to use his powers responsibly (and vice versa) and Aquaman taught Clark to start thinking globally instead of locally.
Could be something as simple as be glad you're solar powered and not dependent on a Duracell.

LOL! J/K. ;)

I don't know *anything* about the Teen Titan character Cyborg - never watched the show - so I'm going into this episode without any preconceived notions of what's been previously established in Superman continuity. It's all good. :) :up:

xD Having watched Teen Titans once or twice myself, I'd say you'd be in the same boat whether you watched the show or not.

Show's terrible, IMO.

AgentPat said:
OMG!!!

Must. Resist. The temptation. To bust. Sage's. Ballz. LMAO!!!! :p :p :p

kiss.gif

Let's not forget about Mxy. ;)

Hey, just going off of what I know. Cyborg is currently mentoring third generation heroes along with leading the Titans, he's second generation himself. It's gonna be weird. The Bart episode worked because he was a combination of Flashes, but his actual story is that he's from the future.

Despite the somewhat weak plot, Aquaman worked out well and I was worried about it how they'd do the character.

What can you do with Cyborg? I hope he's not a LuthorCorp experiment.

I wish they'd do something in the vein of the Legion of Superheroes episode from Superman TAS. It actually could work very well, especially considering Brainiac has already been introduced.

AgentPat said:
Hey Sage, wa'happened? No screen caps from Lexmas? :(

Oops, forgot to do it. Plus that episode left me in a tangle.:O

AgentPat said:
I don't know *anything* about the Teen Titan character Cyborg - never watched the show - so I'm going into this episode without any preconceived notions of what's been previously established in Superman continuity. It's all good. :) :up:
Same here. It's almost better, really. It seems that having pre-conceived notions about every little Supes-related detail too often sets people up to be disappointed when SV puts its own spin on things...and they always do.

I looked up a picture of the guy.. looks very Sci-Fi.

Serene said:
Same here. It's almost better, really. It seems that having pre-conceived notions about every little Supes-related detail too often sets people up to be disappointed when SV puts its own spin on things...and they always do.

I looked up a picture of the guy.. looks very Sci-Fi.

True... I have never seen Teen Titans, although my kids watch that show. When I found out they were watching my only question was: Is superman one of the teens on it?

Since the answer was no, I have never really seen it. :D

Here is the description of Cyborg from the Cartoon Network:

Cyborg
He's half-man, half-robot and all-Titan. Despite his metallic outer shell, Cyborg is a pretty sensitive dude. Even though his cybernetic anatomy gives him enormous strength and loads of weapons, being only partly human can also be a drag. But that doesn't stop him from kicking bad guy butt.

Awful writing, they need a new copy writer, but he's clearly an interesting choice for a new DC character for the show.

triplet said:
Cyborg
He's half-man, half-robot and all-Titan. Despite his metallic outer shell, Cyborg is a pretty sensitive dude. Even though his cybernetic anatomy gives him enormous strength and loads of weapons, being only partly human can also be a drag. But that doesn't stop him from kicking bad guy butt.

Awful writing, they need a new copy writer, but he's clearly an interesting choice for a new DC character for the show.

Thanks for that, I too have never heard of the character so no preconceived ideas. They could actually do alot with a character like this.

Does anyone know what his true origins are?

Sounds like a bad idea.
But hey, I thought Lexmas was going to be terrible.

And it turned out to be one of the best episodes ever

Maybe after Victor (Cyborg's real name) gets into the accident that causes him to become Cyborg, he won't age, so he'll remain a teenager on the outside. If that's how they'll do it, then this episode could work and not screw up Teen Titans history (or Cyborg's history).

Anybody but me get the feeling that we might get an appearance/mention from/of John Henry Irons in this episode?

Thanks Sage, thanks Triplet. Both links work but neither of them have any information on Cyborg.

King Ruler said:
Yours is not showing either. Guys, just go here:

http://www.titanstower.com/source/whoswho/cyborg.html

:up: Thanks.

"Cyborg Quick Bio: Once a promising athlete, Vic Stone was severely injured in an explosion, leading his father to save his life through cybernetic implants. A living man-machine, the once-bitter Cyborg learned to accept his new appearance and became a capable hero in his own right."

He sounds a bit like robo-cop. I actually think this could be interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"