Days of Future Past Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear ya. If there was an option to take those elements and disregard Origins as a whole I would gladly take it.

Agreed, but my mind just wouldn't be able to ignore XO:W if they used Taylor or Liev...much like the Special Editions of Star Wars can't allow me to ignore the horror that were Eps 1-3 :(

I still to this day can't believe how bad Origins was. How the heck do you mess up Wolverines origin? (rhetorical question as we already know XO:W quite clearly answered that question with a very loud "Like this!").

Still shaking my head on that one.

I just hope they'll use this time travel storyline to at the very least erase the events of X3 and just ignore Origins completely.

I just hope they'll use this time travel storyline to at the very least erase the events of X3 and just ignore Origins completely.

:up: Couldn't agree more.

I still to this day can't believe how bad Origins was. How the heck do you mess up Wolverines origin? (rhetorical question as we already know XO:W quite clearly answered that question with a very loud "Like this!").

Still shaking my head on that one.

i know wolverine is my fav. x men too pissed me off somehow origins is worse than x3

atleast x3 was entertaining

The only way I could see him coming back is if X3 is thrown out (which appears will not be the case) or they reveal that he’s really alive. With all that will be going on, would there be sufficient time to address this?

This is simple. If the dystopian Sentinel-ruled future is an alternate timeline then they can use any characters they want, even those dead or cured in the original trilogy.

The time traveller(s) come back in time to change an event and the result of that change could be the X1-X3 trilogy we have already seen.

But that alternate future is wide open for adding in Cyclops and Jean.

It might be the ideal thing to do if they want to bring back James Marsden and Famke Janssen.

If they instead want to introduce new, younger versions of the characters played by different actors, then that requires another storyline.

But if they're bringing back the original trilogy Scott and Jean, then an alternate future is the way to go.

This is simple. If the dystopian Sentinel-ruled future is an alternate timeline then they can use any characters they want, even those dead or cured in the original trilogy.

The time traveller(s) come back in time to change an event and the result of that change could be the X1-X3 trilogy we have already seen.

But that alternate future is wide open for adding in Cyclops and Jean.

It might be the ideal thing to do if they want to bring back James Marsden and Famke Janssen.

If they instead want to introduce new, younger versions of the characters played by different actors, then that requires another storyline.

But if they're bringing back the original trilogy Scott and Jean, then an alternate future is the way to go.

YES exactly! That's what I think. However, that would mean someone used time travel to go back in time and kill someone, altering the future first. Then the X-Men have to travel back to stop it. OR, the Sentinel future is the real timeline and after altering the past, the original films is the alternate future.

YES exactly! That's what I think. However, that would mean someone used time travel to go back in time and kill someone, altering the future first. Then the X-Men have to travel back to stop it. OR, the Sentinel future is the real timeline and after altering the past, the original films is the alternate future.

The way I see it is that the alternate future is the same timeline as First Class and happened because an event/assassination led to Sentinels being approved. So, if there is no time travel the First Class timeline would lead to Sentinels and would not necessarily lead to any of the events seen in X1-X3 (Xavier, Scott, Jean all dying etc).

The time travel prevents the assassination and, thus, the Sentinels, creating a new timeline in which X1-X3 will happen in later decades.

I guess most of us believe Patrick and Ian will be present.

So talking about actual "x-men"... how many actors do you think Bryan will get back?

In my case, I think 3 at the very least. Mainly because I dont see the future scenes just with Wolverine and another x-man from original trilogy.

So taking that into account, I guess we can expect one of these scenarios:

A. 3 or 4 x-men from comic arc

Wolverine
Storm
Kitty
Colossus

B. 3 or 4 from the most known actors, whose characters were alive in X3

Hugh
Halle
Anna
Ellen/Kelsey

C. 3 or 4 x-men from X1-X2, alive in X3

Hugh
Halle
Anna
Shawn
Alan
Daniel

D. 3 or 4 x-men from the whole trilogy, alive in X3

Hugh
Halle
Ellen
Anna
Kelsey
Ben
Shawn
Daniel
Alan

E. 3 or 4 x-men from the whole trilogy, death and cured included

Hugh
Halle
James
Famke
Anna
Ellen
Kelsey
Ben
Shawn
Alan
Daniel

Of course, Bryan might use more than 4 x-men, but I think most of us would agree that we wont get less than 3. So it has to be pretty similar to one of the previous options.

Last edited:
I just hope Young Magneto and Old Magneto meet and then they totally make out.

Wrong Thread :(

Last edited:
Hugh Jackman (Wolverine):yay:
Halle Berry (Storm) :yay:
James Marsden (Cyclops)
Famke Janssen (Jean Grey/Phoenix) :yay:
Anna Paquin (Rogue)
Patrick Stewart (Professor X):yay:
Ian Mckellen (Magneto) :yay:
Ellen Page (Kitty Pryde)
Kelsey Grammar (Beast) :yay:
Ben Foster (Angel)
Shawn Ashmore (Ice Man)
Alan Cumming (Nightcrawler) :yay:
Daniel Cudmore (Colossus)
Rebecca Romijn (Mystique) :yay:

The actors in red are the people I think that Bryan and the rest will definitely bring back if they could. The blue are the actors I think have a higher opportunity of returning after the ones in red. And the ones with the smiley face are the ones I would like to see in Dofp. (not that i want to see all of them in this film)

Have I missed anyone out? (If I have then the possibility of that person coming back is even smaller. if id on't remember them lol) Who do you guys want to see back and who do you think will come back

Last edited:
New photo of Famke Janssen.

32414_493244660710494_834602007_n.jpg

I don't care about Origins because it was set in the past and I don't think it would have an effect to the story of the future X-Men movies unlike with X3.

It would be amazing if DOFP will erase some of the events that happened in X3 like the death of Prof X and Cyclops. Thats why I was imagining that what if the future X-Men will go back to the past to stop the younger Jean Grey from becoming the Phoenix, so that way when she's older she wouldn't have the chance to kill Prof X and Cyclops.

New photo of Famke Janssen.

32414_493244660710494_834602007_n.jpg

She's aging very gracefully!

Yeah, I hope the alternate future timeline is the one they pursue. My only reservation is that the Fox/producers might think that idea is too convoluted for the general masses to accept, with multiple characters suddenly being resurrected.

I'm just hoping that Bryan Singer's friendship with some of the dead X-men (namely Famke and James) increases the odds that they pursue this angle. I don't think their friendship will be enough to push it in that direction though.

Yep, that's the thing with an alternate future in which characters known to be dead are still alive. Even with 'alternate future' written on the screen, it might confuse some of the general audience.

So they might go with characters who were still alive at the end of X3, whether in an alternate future or a future ahead of X3.

And perhaps the changing of the past is the thing that allows Famke and James to return. That might be more logical for the audience.

It's a tricky one. However, audiences seemed to enjoy Looper and that did some crazy stuff with time travel that had my head spinning.

She's aging very gracefully!

Well, that magazine-style picture could be airbrushed to hell and she could be wearing masses of make-up... but she isn't looking too bad judging from the more recent images I've seen.

And she's still looking good judging by how she looks in that horrible Hansel and Gretel trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"