All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 40

Discussion in 'Man of Steel' started by Thread Manager, Apr 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mclay18

mclay18 Well-Known Member

Uh, Spider-Man 2 was "cranked out" in two years after the first... and it was fantastic. Still the best Spidey movie made IMO.

And with WB being so pleased with how MOS turned out, I wouldn't be surprised if Snyder and Goyer have already worked on an outline for a possible sequel. If they already have a story they like laid out, all they have to do is wait for WB's signal to move forward after MOS' opening weekend.

And that doesn't mean WB will just rush it... hopefully Nolan will give notes on the sequel outline before they attach a writer.

2. Dark Sentinel

Dark Sentinel Well-Known Member

I think they've given Lois probably her best role/material in this film. She's an investigative journalist tracking reports of a "drifter capable of superhuman feats", then when she finally encounters Clark/Superman that's when their relationship begins to form. Making her an integral part of "disguising" Clark, be it from SV or not, is a great and novel approach I'd say.

Overall, MOS Lois: :woot::up:

3. X Knight

X Knight Hope

soooo........anything new today?

4. i_Cam

i_Cam Well-Known Member

Lol. After all that we've gotten this sounds funny but I've felt like that too.

I took some time and went through the photo/no discussion thread. Amazing that it's been since 2011 when we first started seeing images.

Almost there...

5. SpideyFan866

SpideyFan866 Well-Known Member

Yes it is. I loved that in SV and thus, I'm BEYOND happy they are using it here.

6. Mikelus

Mikelus Intellectualis

Some people don't have any patience and have a very bad (or selective) memory. Last year some fans were whining too about TDKR's marketing:

:dry:

7. acedrake

acedrake Well-Known Member

I have always though that kryptonite has outlived its usefulness as a means to put superman in danger. Just like the yellow impurity of the green lantern ring ,kryptonite has to go and remove those other annoying superman weakness. They were created because superman was too powerful and writers needed a quick way to bring him down. But now he has a loads more of weaknesses and the other heroes none. It makes him less special.

8. SpideyFan866

Not yet. I'm personally hoping for a viral or announcement of when the trailer will hit, since we know its coming soon.

Some sources say it will be this tuesday, but I'd still like something official.

9. DaJanksta

DaJanksta Henry Cavill's chest hair

I'm excited for the trailer! I hope the IMDB description was accurate!

10. BH/HHH

BH/HHH You Are My World

Definitely :up: its funny but I think Lois not figuring it out on her own makes her comes across as kind of dumb. I loved what they did on Smallville, she knew but waited for him to tell her, very well done.

11. SpideyFan866

Exactly.

12. TheIrishAvenger

TheIrishAvenger You are not special.

Loving everything we are hearing, seeing, etc. This movie is going to be incredible.

The drought is no more!

13. Luane

Luane Well-Known Member

I did'nt know that there'd be a sequel. I look forward to watch it. Will they make a trilogy as Batman movies ?

14. X Knight

X Knight Hope

hopefully the new trailer will be just as epic as the last one!! :woot:

15. Dark Sentinel

Me wonders at random if X Knight is a CM Punk fan....

:hehe:

16. Blitzkrieg Bop

Blitzkrieg Bop Fight Owens Fight

I like kryptonite from time to time. It works well in Richard Donner's Superman. However, it is a relief to know that something else (physical combat) will be hurting Superman this time around.

17. Torrente

Torrente Well-Known Member

Now that we've had this new info overload it's nice to go back to the teaser for both Pa Kent and Jor-El and realize how beautiful they are, of course it helps that they have Howard Shore's amazing final bit of The Bridge Of Khazad Dum, also watching the trailer I noticed even more Russell Crowe's expression when they're kissing baby Kal-El goodbye and you can tell he's devastated in those 2 seconds of image...

I'm getting very nostalgic (in a good way) now that we're so close, easily my most anticipated movie ever, hopefully it'll live to its expectations.

Hope we all come out of the movie theater with the biggest smile on our faces possible! Cheers to our new Superman!

18. Pickle-El

Pickle-El Well-Known Member

I think we'll find out quickly how many youtube hits/twitter trending the 3rd trailer has in the first 7 days whether or not the general curiosity is there....

19. Dark Sentinel

I think Kryptonite would be better held off for a sequel, preferably in a Luthor/Metallo story :woot:

20. Greeneyes

Greeneyes The World Isn't Ready

I'm not sure it has to be removed altogether,maybe just have a lot less of it knocking about. If it does get used in future films then I'd like to see there be only one small fragment that gets found,as it's so incredibly rare due to the vast distances between Krypton and Earth. And then once it gets used in the movie it ends up being destroyed for good,maybe along with the death of Metallo?

The movie could show Luthor trying to recreate it and coming up with red or a variety of green? Who knows.

21. BH/HHH

BH/HHH You Are My World

Its inevitable that not everyone will like it but I know I'm gonna love it. Its the best mix of ingredients for a film I've ever seen.

22. X Knight

X Knight Hope

why?? because I'm straight edge? :oldrazz:

but yeah......I am a CM Punk fan. :awesome:

23. dark_b

dark_b Well-Known Member

no kryptonite in the first movie or no kryptonite in the MOS universe?

24. SpideyFan866

25. Sharkboy

Sharkboy Tell em Steve-Dave

Needs to be said; Diane Lane is the hottest Martha Kent ever, and it makes me feel incredibly old that Michael Pare's hot singer girlfriend from Streets of Fire is now old enough to play Superman's mother.

Oh yes and If BB and TDKR didn't clue me in on the fact that WB was never going to "drop the ball" on the marketing on the film, then i would have joined the rest of the people hiding their impatience and obsessive need for footage behind manufactured concern about the film's marketing tactics and financial success. Unless people wanted a viral campaign (which never really does much other that satisfy forum dwellers)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.