All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 54

Status
Not open for further replies.
I admit I am off topic...sorta. Feel free to get back on topic, eventhough noone ever stays on topic in here...

I gotta get some zzzzz boys. Good night and good freakin luck.

Its best if you post all your thoughts in the appropriate threads. Namely the IM ones.

But that would leads to rebuttals, and you need actual arguments for those... rather than just taking potshots fom the safety of your home territory.

I admit I am off topic...sorta. Feel free to get back on topic, eventhough noone ever stays on topic in here...

I gotta get some zzzzz boys.

thanks for backing me up instead of punking me like jcdc did :-/

thanks for backing me up instead of punking me like jcdc did :-/

Look I'm not here to antagonize people but I hope you can see why it's not cool(IMO) to badmouth a just released movie in the wrong thread.

I was just making a one liner cause the setup was perfect :o

i can't see im3 being a superior film when it is continually falling on rottentomatoes as well as a lot of general word of mouth

Just got back..... I have no idea where to begin with it.."The effects are great", I guess will be my response when people ask.

The Avengers, TDK, heck even Iron Man 1. Crowd Pleasers. IM3 was all over the map. No consistency first time around. Maybe I need to watch it again and lower expectations.

No doubt MOS could end up being a much better film. However there are some critics that have a stigma left over from Superman Returns, and for some reason there are a lot more Superman haters than just about any other comic book hero for some reason. Unfounded complaints about him having too much power and being such a boyscout, etc... Plus even with better reviews, Iron Man 3 has the other IM movies plus Avengers as a fanbase to increase box office numbers. It will take a TON of word of mouth to really get MOS extra viewership.

At various points of the character's history he has been given just about any and every ability imaginable including, in the films themselves, the ability to go back in time and have a do over and the ability to kiss people and make them forget things. That's hardly unfounded, that's a legitimate concern.

At various points of the character's history he has been given just about any and every ability imaginable including, in the films themselves, the ability to go back in time and have a do over and the ability to kiss people and make them forget things. That's hardly unfounded, that's a legitimate concern.

Unfounded?

*snerk*

[YT]DfwHe0NqVvY[/YT]

The Nolan films are brilliant and have depth. That is why I didn't understand the comparison of Avengers which was more popcorn action (no offense) to TDKR (which to me is every bit as good as BB) If Man of Steel has this type of depth and is about a hero's journey (literally epic in a Sumerian sense of the word) plus the action? It's the type of franchise you can enjoy on such a broader level. That's what we have to hope for.

TDKR had equally little thematic purpose but also lacked enough fun to make up for it. Such was its problem.

You misunderstand. I was referring to people that complain about his normal powers being too much. I find it unfounded because Hulk get stronger with anger to an unbeatable strength level and Thor... well he is a God! Superman gets a lot of flack for stuff that other heroes don't have to worry about.

i can't see im3 being a superior film when it is continually falling on rottentomatoes as well as a lot of general word of mouth

It also helps if you know...you have your own opinion about things.

Crazy...I know.

TDKR had equally little thematic purpose but also lacked enough fun to make up for it. Such was its problem.

Subjective. I found Catwoman to work surprisingly well in terms of adding fun to the movie. Thematically it seemed cohesive with the first two Batman films in terms of a redemptive quality.

Subjective. I found Catwoman to work surprisingly well in terms of adding fun to the movie. Thematically it seemed cohesive with the first two Batman films in terms of a redemptive quality.

Duh.

Well, you state something as subjective as a polite way to point out when someone is stating something as a fact, that isn't.

Apologies for not wording my post more clearly. I was saying the person looking at Supes floating away was NOT Jor-El, based on how Jor-El looked from behind in trailer 3. However:
adqGoTS2.gif
vwoC80P.gif

same outfit, same beard, same guy. Done.

I mustve missed this. I dont see a beard on the guy in the bottom watching him float off, but going with everything else I guess yeah it probably is Jor-El.

Going with how this is made possible in birthright I dont see how it could work that way in MOS, transmitting messages/portal through time? Thats too much of a stretch for me personally.

Bleh, this is the only thing I've seen so far that's bothered me.

Or here's another possibility:

The Jor-El we see watching Superman float away is the hologram Jor-El from the fortress.
I could accept this. But you're not the only one that's mentioned Superman launching the Fortress spaceship out into space. Is that based on anything, or just guessing?

Wrote a nice little blog piece on Tumblr just now. Short, sweet, to the point. Check it out? :woot:

http://legacyofthewolven.tumblr.com/post/49500139406/what-im-hoping-for-this-summer-movie-season

“It’s not an ‘S’.”

Just to start off, I don’t plan on seeing Iron Man 3 at midnight. Nor do I plan on seeing it anytime soon. Not because I’m a “Marvel hater” or anything, I actually think Robert Downey Jr.’s portrayal of Tony Stark aka Iron Man over the last five years is iconic and masterful — the guy’s certainly LIVED through the “Demon in a Bottle” story arc at any rate — but the thing is, there’s another film that I’m looking forward to this summer. And I’m looking forward to it for a very specific reason.

The world today is in a state of absolute crap. “Bottom of the barrel,” we call it back home. Sure, our technology’s improving everyday, but that only goes so far. I read the news everyday, Google News is the first page to pop up on my Safari. And all I can read about is disaster, terror, fear. Why? Why does there have to be so much fear and doubt among us? What are we missing? Why do we continue to bicker and divide ourselves, to fall prey to stigmas and, yes, even prejudices. It’s times like these I think, “Damn. The world could really use a Superman.”

Well, duh.

Man of Steel is more than just a summer movie. It has more potential than your average Avengers style popcorn action distraction (with ‘SPLOSIONS!!!) not because of who’s involved (though as an avowed follower of the Vested One I am grateful that Chris and Jonah Nolan are involved with this project) or because of who’s playing Superman. Hell, not even the fact that they got rid of those trunks.

But because of that one line in Trailer 3.

“It’s not an ‘S’. On my world, it means ‘hope.’”

Hope…

Our world could use some of that. A LOT of that.

Oh check it out, there’s a new Superman movie.

To those who want to talk about IM3, we have the IM boards and the lounge for that kind of talk. And for those who want to make a p**sing match between the two films we have a thread for that in the Misc. Comic Films section. :nono:

5mt1c.gif

was making this for myself before I realized the limits that came with post count, if anyone wants it feel free

5mt1c.gif

was making this for myself before I realized the limits that came with post count, if anyone wants it feel free
Good job.

It would be nice to see MessenjahMatt return and do some avatar/wallpaper work for MOS.

Good job.

It would be nice to see MessenjahMatt return and do some avatar/wallpaper work for MOS.
I remember way back when TDKR was still in production, he made me an avatar and I asked him if he was going to do any for MOS. He said that he wasn't going to because I don't think he is a big fan of Supes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"