All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cooooollllll!!!!

Zod has like a billion costumes. He's the Riddler of MOS.

Zod with the cape looks so bad ass.

x29U7yU.gif
IBbblE2.gif
R9XvtcY.gif

I never thought I'd say this but hearing Superman ROAR was EPIC!

Where is Kane?! We need big gifs of the new scenes! :hehe:

Bale Bats and Cavill Supers should have a growl off! :word:
Whoa, whoa let's save the growl parodies for the inevitable YouTube video. :oldrazz:

I'll say it again, Godfrey....you're the best

Let me be clear, I absolutely think Snyder and company should keep the Clark Kent disguise. I want to see Clark slouching while walking unmolested amongst the crowds of Metropolis, and being told by the clerk at the 7-11 that he looks sort of like that Superman fellow who foiled the alien invasion. What I don't want is for people who should know better - the residents of Smallville, Lois, Perry, the US Government - to act stupidly and be completely thrown off by glasses and a part in his hair. It's going to be difficult for Snyder to put forward what he calls a realistic take on the character while keeping some semblance of what has helped the character stay relevant for 75 years, but I am hoping he can pull it off.

Okay, that I can understand. Your original post made it sound like you thought the entire idea of the disguise to be unrealistic and unjustifiable. The criticism regarding the residents of Smallville is understandable considering the fact that we know that Clark returns there as an adult and saves a lot of people without a Superman disguise. I think, in the end, it would be fitting and consistent with the film's themes for Smallville to help keep his secret. For the reasons< I've mentioned, I really think that the Us government not knowing can be portrayed believably. In regards to Lois, as we all know, it is likely that they will do what Donner did and have her find out and perhaps even be in on the disguise from the beginning. The rest of Daily Planet can believeably be fooled. Other than Lois and maybe Jimmy/Jenny, none of them really need to have any direct contact with Superman. Also, if as some set photos indicate Metropolis Clark predates Zod forcing Superman's public debut, I can see them failing to put two and two together. Look at all the times that people have committed horrible crimes in secret and their co-workers and family and friends go on the news and tell everyone how shocked they are when most people at home, based on the reporting of evidence at the trial or where ever, are thinking to themselves how stupid can you be?

However, let's be honest, none of thse really matters. Movies are about plausibility and building a coherent fictional universe, people will ignore inaccuracies or absurdities in "realistic" films like Nolan's Batman trilogy so long as you tell them an entertaining tale, treat it seriously, and give a somewhat convincing explanation. You should go back and read the years' worth of "realism" debates on the Bat-boards. Hollywood "realism" has nothing to do with actual "realism".

So today has been a FANTASTIC day for me! First we get this AMAZING TV Spot of THE best superhero movie that's ever been made and then to my surprise I check the mail and what do I see? My Blu Ray copy of Superman: Unbound AND Superman Birthright! So I got my copy of Unbound a day early! Thanks Amazon! :woot:

He has two, with the black under suit that goes with everything.

I definitely count that as a third. So 999 999 997 less than a billion, but still plenty for CBM villain, which is always cool.

So the action certainty won't be lacking in this film...

a lot of super shouting going on here

I definitely count that as a third. So 999 999 997 less than a billion, but still plenty for CBM villain, which is always cool.

There are two. There is his Kryptonian armor and the armor he makes from bits of Black Zero. The black under suit is the base for both armors and he either wears or doesn't wear his cape.

Last edited:
I need a gif of that shot of Lois holding onto Superman NOW.

So today has been a FANTASTIC day for me! First we get this AMAZING TV Spot of THE best superhero movie that's ever been made and then to my surprise I check the mail and what do I see? My Blu Ray copy of Superman: Unbound AND Superman Birthright! So I got my copy of Unbound a day early! Thanks Amazon! :woot:

Quite a superday :up:.

Okay, that I can understand. Your original post made it sound like you thought the entire idea of the disguise to be unrealistic and unjustifiable. The criticism regarding the residents of Smallville is understandable considering the fact that we know that Clark returns there as an adult and saves a lot of people without a Superman disguise. I think, in the end, it would be fitting and consistent with the film's themes for Smallville to help keep his secret. For the reasons< I've mentioned, I really think that the Us government not knowing can be portrayed believably. In regards to Lois, as we all know, it is likely that they will do what Donner did and have her find out and perhaps even be in on the disguise from the beginning. The rest of Daily Planet can believeably be fooled. Other than Lois and maybe Jimmy/Jenny, none of them really need to have any direct contact with Superman. Also, if as some set photos indicate Metropolis Clark predates Zod forcing Superman's public debut, I can see them failing to put two and two together. Look at all the times that people have committed horrible crimes in secret and their co-workers and family and friends go on the news and tell everyone how shocked they are when most people at home, based on the reporting of evidence at the trial or where ever, are thinking to themselves how stupid can you be?

However, let's be honest, none of thse really matters. Movies are about plausibility and building a coherent fictional universe, people will ignore inaccuracies or absurdities in "realistic" films like Nolan's Batman trilogy so long as you tell them an entertaining tale, treat it seriously, and give a somewhat convincing explanation. You should go back and read the years' worth of "realism" debates on the Bat-boards. Hollywood "realism" has nothing to do with actual "realism".

One can also argue that no one would believe Superman is stupid enough to think that he could get away with a disguise like that which is why no one falls for it. Reverse psychology :oldrazz:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"