BvS All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - Part 100

Status
Not open for further replies.
there's actually a key phrase in there that wasn't fully developed in the movie.

"how would people react to Superman."

we never really got that in MOS. we never really got to see the public's reaction to this god-like being.

it was a bit of a missed opportunity, imo, but it seems it will be a key part in BvS.

But we did see how people react to Superman
The Priest
General Swanick
Lt. I think he's hot
Colonel Hardy and his squad
Jenny

Perry as well to an extent.
The kids mom in the flash back as well.

The problem was we saw individuals react to Superman in MOS, but we don't know how the general public feels about him at the end of the movie.

Man of Steel: contact
Batman V. Superman: reaction

That'll probably be one of the best parts about the sequel

Superman is a dick. Illegal immigrant taking jobs from Americans. He destroys a piece of military equipment that was paid for by taxes. He destroyed Batfleck's cable. He didn't stop that gas tanker of Lexcorp that Zod threw at the parking garage which blew up my car.

Just a dick.

Superman is a dick. Illegal immigrant taking jobs from Americans. He destroys a piece of military equipment that was paid for by taxes. He destroyed Batfleck's cable. He didn't stop that gas tanker of Lexcorp that Zod threw at the parking garage which blew up my car.

Just a dick.

55243-1-1403623445.png

Just a dick.

There is a reason why the Superdickery web site exists!

1296_4_102.jpg

My god...he was Man of Murder even back in he silver age!!

:hehe:

And this, my friend, is the point of BVS.

I would go on about how I feel movies should provide payoff for their setups rather than rely on sequels, but I'm going to go the Destiny route and say I won't, you'll have to buy the DLC for that.

That said, I'm really excited to see how BvS will approach the public's reaction.

According to the newest report, McConaughey and Gyllenhaal are on the Dr Strange shortlist. Gyllenhaal apparently really wants a superhero role.

If neither are cast as Strange, I'd love to see those two on the Justice League.

Jake Gyllenhaal as Barry Allen
Matthew McConaughey as Hal Jordan

Man of Steel: contact
Batman V. Superman: reaction

That'll probably be one of the best parts about the sequel

I'm kind of curious to see on how the public will also feel about Batman as well and whether they'll actually root for him to confront Superman and take him down...OR...if Batman is just as much hated by the public like Superman is in the film

I don't Batman will be hated by the public......he is a myth after all outside Gotham City

I'm kind of curious to see on how the public will also feel about Batman as well and whether they'll actually root for him to confront Superman and take him down...OR...if Batman is just as much hated by the public like Superman is in the film

I was chatting with other fans earlier, and one of the things we discussed was how people will react to the idea Gods now exist since it was confirmed about WW/Zeus. Remember Perry White's speech at the Daily Planet? So its something which will be interesting to see how its handled.

I seriously hope we start getting something new with Cavill's Superman. I mean all thats officially be revealed has been 1 shot of Gadot, 1 shot of Cavill, the official logo and title, 2 shots of the Batmobile....and 3 shots of Affleck (still waiting on the public release of that Comic-Con pic)....wtf lol we need more Supes dammit

I seriously hope we start getting something new with Cavill's Superman. I mean all thats officially be revealed has been 1 shot of Gadot, 1 shot of Cavill, the official logo and title, 2 shots of the Batmobile....and 3 shots of Affleck (still waiting on the public release of that Comic-Con pic)....wtf lol we need more Supes dammit

I think when it comes to Superman they (Warner Bros) might be withholding some information at present because it might give away key details about what happens to Superman. But either way, next year will see an influx of information about the movie as well as publicity stills since they are yet to update the official website.

I would go on about how I feel movies should provide payoff for their setups rather than rely on sequels, but I'm going to go the Destiny route and say I won't, you'll have to buy the DLC for that.

That said, I'm really excited to see how BvS will approach the public's reaction.

Exactly.
Man of steel should have shown the Publics reaction during Alien contact.
BVS is showing the Publics reaction in the Aftermath of Alien contact.Not the same thing

In a time when superhero movies are expected to have sequels, I have zero issues with a part of the payoff coming in the next movie.(if I were one of the people who had an issue with Superman not seeing a 'public' reaction at the end. I'm not because we got a sample and I can extrapolate )

It may not fit the critical approach to filmmaking as a solo entry but if the story is wider reaching, there's nothing wrong with how it was done in MoS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"