• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

BvS All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - Part 100

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're not pictures of the footage. Obviously he couldn't take pictures of that. Just a couple of him with the actors.

I honestly have no reason to lie, but nor do I really care if anyone believes it. I'm just passing along what I was told.

Okay, sweet. Send over some pics with the actors at the event for verification.

It'd be nice if WB really put effort into the marketing materials. I'd love to see a BVS poster by Paul Shipper or Drew Struzan, rather than the overly Photoshopped crap we've gotten for every WB film since 2002. (The posters for Batman Begins were surprisingly good though.)

It'd be nice if WB really put effort into the marketing materials. I'd love to see a BVS poster by Paul Shipper or Drew Struzan, rather than the overly Photoshopped crap we've gotten for every WB film since 2002. (The posters for Batman Begins were surprisingly good though.)
The Dark Knight Rises theatrical poster was a goddamn disgrace.

Pics with the actors have been verified. Now let's see if there's any truth to the footage that was shown. The description seems like a weird selection of sequences to show.

My favorite Superman image of all time. Everything I love about Superman is somehow captured in this panel. If they could show a moment like this in all it's glory, I think I could actually get back into this new franchise.
RedSonBalloon_zps98905f1a.jpg

I never understood how much enjoyment, people derive from this sort of 'stuff' if you will. I figured after Superman Returns was littered with it, the need to see so simple a thing had passed and the audience was more interested in other avenues of superman's heroic exploits.

I suppose if one looks at the Superman TAS in it's entirety(right into JLU), and they observe how the earlier episodes were filled to the brim with this sort of imagery whereas the latter episodes/stories were less so, and more him dealing with his opponents and peers and battles and cadmus, and this person goes on to poll the audience as to which stretch of episodes were more engaging, some light may be shed on the issue. This sort of imagery has been present for a good while with superman and it's done little to rejuvenate the interest imo. It being presented as the missing link coming out of SR seems so odd to me.

I've also learned that such things need to happen with superman in costume and perhaps with a smile otherwise they are for not, it's a very specific image that's sought. But we all look for different things I suppose, and that's a good thing.
Hopefully more people get what they are looking for from the next installment, figuring out what that is(en mass) should prove interesting. Pleasing everyone with superman on film is proving to be a very specific task imo, perhaps that should make it easier.

Pics with the actors have been verified. Now let's see if there's any truth to the footage that was shown. The description seems like a weird selection of sequences to show.

So you ask for pics for proof, you get them, and you still think I'm lying? Wow.

Can you send me the pic, sam? Just to see them thanks :up:

Nice! Thanks you :up:

So you ask for pics for proof, you get them, and you still think I'm lying? Wow.

I never said I thought you were lying, even from the start. Your friend has pictures with the stars at what looks like a private event, so that's been verified and thanks for that. You should have no reason to lie and you've been at the Hype for quite awhile so I doubt that you would.

In terms of seeing if there's any truth to the footage that may have been shown, that can easily be verified if we hear any other rumblings about it from other sources. You really can't blame me or anyone esle for being even remotely skeptical of what you've shared. Things like this come about at the Hype time and time again. More often than not, we get a lot of bogus reports, which you should know.

Last edited:
Interesting. Could I get a pm with the pics as well? Thanks.

It would be nice if you could get him to spoil more stuff, although I'm sure no one would want him to possibly get into trouble.

I don't need the pm but if someone can verify they got them that would be cool.

So my friend went to some investor event for the movie last night. He got pics with a couple of the actors, and he's not one to lie. Anyway, he said they showed a few clips. He didn't go into too much detail, but said they showed Affleck in the armor, and it looked good. But he did offer a couple of spoilers, so take them for what it's worth.

They haven't filmed the finale yet

They showed a clip of Lex stealing Zod's body. Lex had long hair

Clips of Batman fighting in the desert

Clips of people hating Superman because of the Metropolis destruction, which we knew from set pics

Footage sounds like a sizzle reel more than a cut trailer or anything. The second point is actually something the MoS bonus features already told us, but I'm guessing this plays into the plot of BvS as well.

Footage sounds like a sizzle reel more than a cut trailer or anything. The second point is actually something the MoS bonus features already told us, but I'm guessing this plays into the plot of BvS as well.

I remember reading fan speculation about it so I guess it's confirmed. My friend doesn't follow every rumor half as religiously as we do. But there really is no reason for him to lie about it.

They're not pictures of the footage. Obviously he couldn't take pictures of that. Just a couple of him with the actors.

I honestly have no reason to lie, but nor do I really care if anyone believes it. I'm just passing along what I was told.

Thanks for the information firstly! The stuff about Luthor stealing Zod's body was one of the things people had speculated was a part of BvS - same with the anti-Superman theme. Makes me wonder just what else people have speculated about for the movie is accurate?

So if Lex has Zod's body, would that be Shannon would cameo in a minor role so to speak as Zod's body?

Thanks for the information firstly! The stuff about Luthor stealing Zod's body was one of the things people had speculated was a part of BvS - same with the anti-Superman theme. Makes me wonder just what else people have speculated about for the movie is accurate?

But you forget, neither of those are speculation, especially this anti-Superman "theme" you keep going on about, it is an anti-Superman plot point as opposed to theme. Luthor stealing Zod's body comes right from the MoS special features, and the anti-Superman protest comes from set pics.

If there is speculation which comes out of thin air, that is inaccurate. Base it on solid ground, and you have something.

you can send me PM please if you can Sam

thanks in advice

Wait, where was the second point discussed on the MOS bonus features?

So my friend went to some investor event for the movie last night. He got pics with a couple of the actors, and he's not one to lie. Anyway, he said they showed a few clips. He didn't go into too much detail, but said they showed Affleck in the armor, and it looked good. But he did offer a couple of spoilers, so take them for what it's worth.

They haven't filmed the finale yet

They showed a clip of Lex stealing Zod's body. Lex had long hair

Clips of Batman fighting in the desert

Clips of people hating Superman because of the Metropolis destruction, which we knew from set pics

please send pm if you can, thanks

So if Lex has Zod's body, would that be Shannon would cameo in a minor role so to speak as Zod's body?

They could always do that with FX, but in terms of what else fans have been revealing via spoilers, I wonder if its true Superman dies at the hands of Doomsday and Diana is working for Luthor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"