BvS All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is exactly why I am so upset. It's the fact that Batman has had plenty of time in the limelight. Yet the last good Superman we got was back in the 70s. Superman Returns was completely crap. When we finally get one instead of allow Superman fans time to enjoy this character by himself we forced to watch him team up with other heroes. I just can't help feel like this is wrong. I can't help but be upset by this. It's like WB saying Superman isn't worthy of his own film but Batman is.

Also I think you guys think that every tom dick and harry are comic book geeks and there not. In fact the major portion of the audiance don't read comic books and now suddenly you're throwing Batman, Wonder-Woman, possible The Flash along with Nightwing all in one movie. Ya that's going to play out really well.

I totally get where you're coming from. I'm personally ok with this as it will showcase Superman as the boss he truly is when you throw other superheroes in there.

I think it's fair to assume that once characters are introduced and audiences are aware of these hero's in the know with each other, solo-films will be branched out for these hero's to take over their own problems in their respected territories. They aren't going to be together constantly. Bat will probably get a few solo's. Wonder Woman will have a coming out party of her own and Superman I'm sure will have a few solo's to take on with like you said, cameo's before teaming up for a JL 2 or 3.

I think this is exactly why I am so upset. It's the fact that Batman has had plenty of time in the limelight. Yet the last good Superman we got was back in the 70s. Superman Returns was completely crap. When we finally get one instead of allow Superman fans time to enjoy this character by himself we forced to watch him team up with other heroes. I just can't help feel like this is wrong. I can't help but be upset by this. It's like WB saying Superman isn't worthy of his own film but Batman is.

Also I think you guys think that every tom dick and harry are comic book geeks and there not. In fact the major portion of the audiance don't read comic books and now suddenly you're throwing Batman, Wonder-Woman, possible The Flash along with Nightwing all in one movie. Ya that's going to play out really well.

I feel for u... There is nothing we can control. .. so just have faith n hope... as the S means hope. :)

Which is? The title? Nope, don't have that yet. The plot? Know know nothing about it. Ben Affleck as Batman? Not one site had Affleck anywhere near their choices. Affleck was so left-field that the internet went APE****. Gal Gadot? People expected Jaimie Alexander to get the role because....THAT'S what the rumor was.

No worries. I have a higher standard when it comes to the term truth than michael1975's opinion. Opinions and debates, of course, but what you speak is far from the definition of truth.

On the surface it looks like that because all we see is "SO AND SO is Batman. SO AND SO is Wonder Woman." Underneath, we don't know the true capacity of their purpose in this sequel yet.

This Superman/Batman is going to be the highest anticipated movie of Summer '15..yes.. even with Avengers 2 slated. JL is happening. It's the matter of introducing everything we need to for liftoff.

Lets not go overboard, haha.:oldrazz:

So you think name alone will automatically make it a blockbuster. Name alone doesn't automatically mean success and that people will love it. If the first wave of people go see it walk out hating it that's that movie will not make much. If the general public who don't read comic books don't like it or are confused that will end the movie. Then you can kiss the whole thing good bye. In there attempt to rush they will sale out the one good Superman we have gotten sense Christopher Reeve. I think that will be a tragic waste. I say better take you're time build it up slowly then to push to fast two hard.

You could easily do Superman solo, then wonder woman, The flash, and then lead in to Batman/Superman. This gives writers time to flesh out Superman a bit more and fans a chance to enjoy not only him but other characters. It gives no comic book fans a chance to learn who and what these other characters are about before throwing them on the big screen together. Again patience is a virtue. This is reason why Marvel is successful because they where patient and took there time. They brought people in to that universe slowly so when they finally teamed up they knew who and what these characters where about.

O and one other thing. I have said my opinion might change later once trailers come out but right now I'm completely not sold. What I'm hearing is Batman this Wonder Woman that, Now The Flash name is popping up. Yet we have heard very little on Superman side of things. I find this rather sad considering it's a Superman Sequel.

Any way I have to go to work.

I will get it out of the way here that I don't think they should ad Wonder Woman, The Flash, or anyone besides Superman, Batman and Luthor in the next movie. That being said, this is what I would like to see...at least how I would like it to start...

Begin the movie "Four Years Ago" just before the fight between Superman and the Kryptonians/Zod tears Metropolis apart. Lex Luthor is holding a press conference, along with Bruce Wayne of Wayne Enterprises and Lex's wife and son/daughter looking on. In this universe, Lex is aggressive in the boardroom but is known for being a great philanthropist as well. I want you to see Lex as a man who really loves his family too. Together with Wayne Enterprises, they are unveiling their plans at some new sustainable energy source for the world...blah blah blah...something along those lines.

The Kryptonian ship arrives and the battle begins, so Lex, his family, Bruce, and some others are taken to a secure area in the Lexcorp Towers. As they make their way, Superman and Zod blast their way through Lexcorp towers and long story short, Lex's wife and child are killed in the process. I want Bruce to see this happen, to see a man lose everything right in front of him and be powerless to stop it or help in any way.

Over the next four years, Lex is tormented and becomes the evil man we all love. Bruce sees the decline and he himself is effected by this tragedy; much like when he was powerless as a boy when his parents are killed. Bruce/Batman does not become evil, but perhaps it does make him darker and willing to help Lex bring Superman to "justice". In this, he would of course be an unwitting participant in Lex's ultimate plan, to kill Superman and other evil stuff.

Not sure how then the rest of this particular movie would play out, but that is a beginning that I think would nicely tie everyone together.

What do you think? What do you want to see from this movie? What would you do instead?

Last edited:
I'm hearing is Batman this Wonder Woman that, Now The Flash name is popping up. Yet we have heard very little on Superman side of things. I find this rather sad considering it's a Superman Sequel. .

But Superman and his supporting cast is already cast....

What do you want, announcements that they're...still cast?

Last edited:
Enough with the "it's being rushed" song, please. In Batman Begins I saw Batman with a Joker card as his last scene after a conversation about escalation. In Man of Steel I saw Superman taking down a drone as his last scene and a Wayne Enterprises satellite 5 minutes before. And now apparently Batman uses drones in this one, drones that are controlled by satellites. It's been there all along, you just didn't see it. Same writer, same type of movie. Coincidence? Not at all.

I think it's fair to assume that once characters are introduced and audiences are aware of these hero's in the know with each other, solo-films will be branched out for these hero's to take over their own problems in their respected territories. They aren't going to be together constantly. Bat will probably get a few solo's. Wonder Woman will have a coming out party of her own and Superman I'm sure will have a few solo's to take on with like you said, cameo's before teaming up for a JL 2 or 3.

Now to hope Mr.Cavill will signs another contract extending his time as our favorite Supes so he can reprise his role for future possible solo/or other sequels :woot:.

I will show you the proper use of deductive reasoning…pay attention…I am only going to do this once.

Let's look at the Cast:
Henry Cavill
Amy Adams
Diane Lane
Laurence Fishburne
Are already locked in to return
now I imagine that Jenny and Lombard may return too

Ben Affleck
Nightwing…not yet cast
Alfred…not yet cast
There's been no mention of Alfred but I figure he'd be there

Gal Gadot
The Flash

Lex Luthor
Metallo
These are the two rumored villains

let's add this up….8 Superman characters and 5 non Superman characters…

…and this is not a Superman film????

But Superman and his supporting cast is already cast....

What do you want, announcements that they're...still cast?

last time I checked all these castings are for the superman movie. What more superman news do you need. If was Mongol being cast we'd be talking about mongol and you'd be saying Mongol is taking away...

These are just characters. Good guy or bad guy they all play a part in the coming movie.

post-40197-1292133048.jpg

movies have multiple characters sometimes.

Superman being short changed in this next movie just sounds desperate imo.

last time I checked all these castings are for the superman movie. What more superman news do you need. If was Mongol being cast we'd be talking about mongol and you'd be saying Mongol is taking away...

These are just characters. Good guy or bad guy they all play a part in the coming movie.

post-40197-1292133048.jpg

movies have multiple characters sometimes.

Superman being short changed in this next movie just sounds desperate imo.

LOL Cilian is trying to escape... but Tom Hardy will have none of it.

So you think name alone will automatically make it a blockbuster. Name alone doesn't automatically mean success and that people will love it. If the first wave of people go see it walk out hating it that's that movie will not make much. If the general public who don't read comic books don't like it or are confused that will end the movie. Then you can kiss the whole thing good bye. In there attempt to rush they will sale out the one good Superman we have gotten sense Christopher Reeve. I think that will be a tragic waste. I say better take you're time build it up slowly then to push to fast two hard.

You could easily do Superman solo, then wonder woman, The flash, and then lead in to Batman/Superman. This gives writers time to flesh out Superman a bit more and fans a chance to enjoy not only him but other characters. It gives no comic book fans a chance to learn who and what these other characters are about before throwing them on the big screen together. Again patience is a virtue. This is reason why Marvel is successful because they where patient and took there time. They brought people in to that universe slowly so when they finally teamed up they knew who and what these characters where about.

O and one other thing. I have said my opinion might change later once trailers come out but right now I'm completely not sold. What I'm hearing is Batman this Wonder Woman that, Now The Flash name is popping up. Yet we have heard very little on Superman side of things. I find this rather sad considering it's a Superman Sequel.

Any way I have to go to work.

How many years did it take Marvel to build up to Avengers? This whole thing just seems like Avengers envy on WBs part and I'm sorry that Henry and Ben might suffer because of it.

I think it's going to be like the new Star Trek movies. Kirk, Spock, Uhura=Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman. They are the only ones who fight the villains. Everyone else are side characters.

Anyone else want to see Jimmy Olsen in a MoS sequel? Personally I'd like to see how the Jimmy, Clark/Superman dynamic would play out in this version of Superman.

I think it's going to be like the new Star Trek movies. Kirk, Spock, Uhura=Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman. They are the only ones who fight the villains. Everyone else are side characters.

you're probably right. superman is sooooo uhura.

On another note, I can't believe the likes of World War Z and The Lone Ranger got nominated for Visual Effects at the Academy Awards, but MOS didn't. That's total bs...and before someone mentions on how it's because critics didn't like it, then they should double check on how "well received" the Lone Ranger was.

Perhaps, the second movie serves as a nexus from which other storylines diverge into separate franchises; this method contrasts with Marvel Studios' strategy.

On another note, I can't believe the likes of World War Z and The Lone Ranger got nominated for Visual Effects at the Academy Awards, but MOS didn't. That's total bs...and before someone mentions on how it's because critics didn't like it, then they should double check on how "well received" the Lone Ranger was.

it wouldn't be the Academy Awards if a movie didn't get snubbed

I will show you the proper use of deductive reasoning…pay attention…I am only going to do this once.

What is deductive reasoning?

;)

You're asking too much for some our geniuses around here buddy!

:oldrazz:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"