BvS All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - Part 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll take a crack at it.

This is the way it is because it's the way it is.

Not everything needs an explanation.

Because it's a movie, and that's what happens in movies?

Movie logic doesn't follow RL logic.

Movie logic. It doesn't have to make sense. It just happens.

See, that's not taking a crack at the logical issues.

That's just you saying that your okay with the illogical things that have happened for these reasons.

Zod explained this to Jor-El in the scout ship. He doesn't want to have his people deal with the pain and difficulties of adjusting to Earth's atmosphere. It's very basic: Zod doesn't like pain, and he doesn't want to have to deal with it like Clark has had to his entire life.

I wasn't talking about Zod, I was talking about the space exploration Krypton had previously done.

I just find it hard to believe that any society that found a habitat in which you would not get diseases or ever die of hunger, would never try and do anything with that information. I mean, they wouldn't have met much resistance back then either!

And no, I don't think the little bit of adjusting it would take to be okay (Zod didnt exactly take long...) is a reason for them not to have tried.

I mean imagine it. Your dying of cancer, are you gonna not go to a planet that would save your life because it might be a bit hard at first?

They illustrate his willingness to share a little about himself with officials...and he uses them to point out pertinent things, like how long he's been around without infecting someone, or to point out that he's All-American. I mean, if you listen in the film, he spells it out for you.

Like I said before, there is just no need to give the specific age. Say 'I've been here over 30 years' and it's a bit better and I could maybe buy what you're saying.

Why would they have stayed with her, or brought her along? She was worthless to them, and their leader was in peril.

How was she worthless to him? 'Kal, stop attacking our leader or we'll kill your mother'.

End of fight. :o

You don't like the explanation. Fine. It doesn't mean it doesn't make sense. Jor-El and Lara felt that they could not leave Krypton. This self-destructive behavior is why Krypton was destroyed in the first place. They bucked that trend for Kal-El, but they couldn't buck the trend for themselves.

Fair enough.

I guess it's not illogical that his parents would just basically commit suicide.

I just don't like it.

Some of the stuff is over-thinking. Some of this is under-thinking. And some of it is just because you didn't like the choices characters made. That's ok. Not picking on you, just making an observation. :)

Like I said, this isn't over thinking, as it's not me TRYING to find flaws... these were ones that stuck out to me. And i'm not sure what you mean by under-thinking...

Roach specifically asked for examples of things I thought were illogical. I gave them. There is really no need for criticizing me for making these observations as though I shouldn't be thinking about this stuff.

Can you believe it guys...in about 2 months from now, production will officially start and we'll likely get an "official" photo around that time.....unless Snyder and company want to actually let Batman and Wonder Woman's looks spoiled via spy photos first.

I myself wonder how much of a lid Snyder and Co. are going to keep on this thing during production. I just hope there isn't a Tate/Talia moment like what happened in TDKR's production and we all saw Marion in LOS dress outside.

I hope the lex announcement comes before then. I need to know if he's in it.

Can you believe it guys...in about 2 months from now, production will officially start and we'll likely get an "official" photo around that time.....unless Snyder and company want to actually let Batman and Wonder Woman's looks spoiled via spy photos first.

I like spy photos. Following all the spy footage from Smallville and then the oil rig was some of the most fun I had in the lead up to MOS. That and the comic con live discussion as the footage was aired...

Which reminds me, did they ever release that?

I hope the lex announcement comes before then. I need to know if he's in it.

He's in. And he's being played by Phoenix.

*living in a fantasyland*

:p

So uhh, bit off topic but I just realised that the world engine they found but have been at least 20,000 years old. Wow, Imagine how quick one of the recent world engines would've terraformed earth?? (if they made them still)

I like spy photos. Following all the spy footage from Smallville and then the oil rig was some of the most fun I had in the lead up to MOS. That and the comic con live discussion as the footage was aired...

Which reminds me, did they ever release that?

Unfortunately, they haven't. However, there are a few pretty good fan-edits of the comic con trailer on Youtube.

Whether or not THIS film ends up being well received and successful, I'm pretty sure that the trailers leading up to this will be unbelievable.

He's in. And he's being played by Phoenix.

*living in a fantasyland*

:p

master-1.gif

So uhh, bit off topic but I just realised that the world engine they found but have been at least 20,000 years old. Wow, Imagine how quick one of the recent world engines would've terraformed earth?? (if they made them still)

I don't think they did them anymore since they abandoned space exploration. Not to mention Krypton's technology seems to have stagnated by that time.

Unfortunately, they haven't. However, there are a few pretty good fan-edits of the comic con trailer on Youtube.

Whether or not THIS film ends up being well received and successful, I'm pretty sure that the trailers leading up to this will be unbelievable.

Heck yes.

I actually re watched Trailer 3 the other day. Still think it's one of the best trailers i've ever seen. Makes me so emotional :funny:

tumblr_mxpk3jfI001seyhpmo1_1280.jpg

To touch on the topic of krypton's scouts ship and why that project was abandoned, the U.S. is essentially doing the same with NASA, so it really isn't unheard of. I would like to get more history on krypton though. Maybe when Brainiac is a threat?

To touch on the topic of krypton's scouts ship and why that project was abandoned, the U.S. is essentially doing the same with NASA, so it really isn't unheard of. I would like to get more history on krypton though. Maybe when Brainiac is a threat?

Brainiac could totally revive ai jor el too lol :D

Heck yes.

I actually re watched Trailer 3 the other day. Still think it's one of the best trailers i've ever seen. Makes me so emotional :funny:

tumblr_mxpk3jfI001seyhpmo1_1280.jpg

Trailer 3 feels like MOS would be like if it were a traditionally told, but dramatic realism-based film with fantasy elements. The thing that all the trailers implied was that submitting to the military was a third act choice, after a lot of emotional build-up on Earth (which sounds better than what we got).

Trailer 3 feels like MOS would be like if it were a traditionally told, but dramatic realism-based film with fantasy elements. The thing that all the trailers implied was that submitting to the military was a third act choice, after a lot of emotional build-up on Earth (which sounds better than what we got).

Really? The trailers implied he wasn't going to submit to the military until the third act of the film? How did you get that impression? Especially when trailers don't necessarily show everything in order. :huh:

One thing trailer 3 did that they totally ruined in the film was make the reveal of the suit and him stepping out of the scoutship wearing it look more epic than it was. I don't think anyone will disagree with me on that point.
I blame the music of trailer 3.

I still think he should've gotten the suit to kick off the third and final act.

Instead he just kinda gets it whenever.

Really? The trailers implied he wasn't going to submit to the military until the third act of the film? How did you get that impression? Especially when trailers don't necessarily show everything in order. :huh:

I never got that impression.

To be honest, the last 2 trailers were a better representation of MOS. The earlier ones made it out like it was something bigger and better.

Actually, I think most of the trailers promised a film the filmmakers didn't deliver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"