BvS All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - Part 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to hear Ben Affleck in his batman voice say "I'm Batman" in the teaser.

To be honest, the last 2 trailers were a better representation of MOS. The earlier ones made it out like it was something bigger and better.
I was looking at the MOS trailers the other day, and it really hit me; the teaser and first trailer are incredibly pretentious. They really set out to make MOS out to be this high-art genre picture, and that couldn't be further from the truth. I remember being disheartened by early reviews, because they specifically noted how they went in expecting this thoughtful epic featuring a god. And they came out of it not feeling like it was anything new at all, past the action. Sadly they were mostly right.

I still get confused when people claim that they were "fooled" by a trailer that in fact, actually features what is in the movie.

Seriously...what's up with that?
In the past you seem to have a firm grasp over filmmaking. You're telling me you're completely oblivious to editing being a major component in coloring one's perception of a product?

It doesn't matter what footage or audio is used. It's how they're put together and presented to the viewer. You can check out some great examples on YouTube, with people playing around with this. Someone made The Shining out to be this fun comedy, and someone else made Mary Poppins to be a horror flick. No masterful hacking needed. They utilized film footage, changed up the music a bit, and edited a narrative far different from the actual films.

Now obviously those are more of extreme examples, but it does showcase how easy it is to manipulate perception.

All it's gonna take is that one shot of Batman and Superman coming face-to-face and pants will go flying.
It won't happen, but I'd love for them to save the Batman/Superman shots for the final film. They can show us footage of them in their own separate scenes, but how awesome would it be if we had to wait until the theatrical release for these two figures to come into the same screen? The anticipation would be immeasurable.

You might say Trailer of 2015 since you can guarantee we wont get a trailer for it until this time next year.
WB tends to market fairly early. I fully expect a teaser next summer. That's around when they'll be wrapping up filming.

It won't happen, but I'd love for them to save the Batman/Superman shots for the final film. They can show us footage of them in their own separate scenes, but how awesome would it be if we had to wait until the theatrical release for these two figures to come into the same screen? The anticipation would be immeasurable.

I can see how you would think that. I was kinda bummed when Disney showed the now-classic circle scene from Avengers. I kinda wished they didn't because it would've made the actual moment all the more greater and the novelty would not have been lost IMO.

I can see how you would think that. I was kinda bummed when Disney showed the now-classic circle scene from Avengers. I kinda wished they didn't because it would've made the actual moment all the more greater and the novelty would not have been lost IMO.

Those circle jerks over at Marvel. :o

Since we're on the trailer topic, I was thinking about what kind of teasers we'll get for this movie. I think it might be cool if they didn't get deep into the vs part of it with the teaser.

I know there are already some cool fanmade trailers, but I thought it would be cool to have a teaser or an early trailer that was a mash-up of something like these two teasers.

Superman Returns Teaser:

[YT]4CuJ08nwJpA[/YT]

While I hated the movie, the teaser was excellent. Certainly, none of the nostalgia like the music goes with MOS, but I feel like the vibe and grand nature of this exemplifies Superman really well. It gives a feeling of hope for the human race.

Batman Begins Teaser:

[YT]YRcyl4Wv-Ew[/YT]

I think this is one of the best teasers ever made. To me, this is what batman is, in a nutshell. It's simple and effective.

A combination of these two would tell the audience that Batman and Superman are in the same movie for the first time ever and it's gonna be epic.

I made a point to avoid the forums and all the production write-ups and photos. But somehow all the big cinematic notes were still spoiled for me thanks to that final trailer. Bone-headed move imo. I had fun in the theater, but nothing surprised me (except for Hulk/Loki).

WB tends to market fairly early. I fully expect a teaser next summer. That's around when they'll be wrapping up filming.

I think by comic con we'll have the 30 sec teaser trailer. There will gave been 6 months of filming completed by then. And then by november/ December we'll have the full length trailer. Literally ALL they need to do for the teaser trailer is show a shot of supes and batman face to face with each other ready to come to a head and the entire internet will lose its mind.

Since we're on the trailer topic, I was thinking about what kind of teasers we'll get for this movie. I think it might be cool if they didn't get deep into the vs part of it with the teaser.

I know there are already some cool fanmade trailers, but I thought it would be cool to have a teaser or an early trailer that was a mash-up of something like these two teasers.

Superman Returns Teaser:

[YT]4CuJ08nwJpA[/YT]

While I hated the movie, the teaser was excellent. Certainly, none of the nostalgia like the music goes with MOS, but I feel like the vibe and grand nature of this exemplifies Superman really well. It gives a feeling of hope for the human race.

Batman Begins Teaser:

[YT]YRcyl4Wv-Ew[/YT]

I think this is one of the best teasers ever made. To me, this is what batman is, in a nutshell. It's simple and effective.

A combination of these two would tell the audience that Batman and Superman are in the same movie for the first time ever and it's gonna be epic.

Boom! Another way I see them marketing it is releasing two different teasers like they did with MOS. One would show Superman not wanting Batman's vigilante justice in Metropolis and Batman's teaser would be him seeing Superman as public enemy #1 after the events of MOS.

^ Yes, they could also go that route and have two teasers.

lol! I see what you did there. And it arouses me. :highfive:

Oh...
tumblr_m9ph3jNzg51r9t6jso1_500.gif

I want to know when we'll get the damn teaser!

Thanks to Snyder, wb is all about comic con now. I see another big show from them this coming summer. Though, no doubt announcing further plans and BvS stuff(actors included).

Teaser will no doubt drop there, similar to the MOS con teaser.
Nolan really was con phobic.

If memory serves it was that "legendary" panel with gozilla/prim/mos stuff.
I'm sure the con teaser is on youtube somewhere.
So they didn't show any footage from the movie? My mistake I meant the SDCC before MOS was released. Did they show footage from the movie then?

So they didn't show any footage from the movie? My mistake I meant the SDCC before MOS was released. Did they show footage from the movie then?

They had a trailer there. Cav-El and Snyder were on hand to showcase it. Though, it was arguably topped by Godzilla. Literally. :oldrazz::woot:

Thanks to Snyder, wb is all about comic con now. I see another big show from them this coming summer. Though, no doubt announcing further plans and BvS stuff(actors included).

Teaser will no doubt drop there, similar to the MOS con teaser.
Nolan really was con phobic.

I am not expecting any footage until Comic-con...I will expect to see production pics of Batman and WW before then though.

Unless a teaser plays in front of either Captain America: The Winter Soldier, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Godzilla, or X-Men: Days Of Future Past. :o

I think the Teaser will be shown at with WB's Godzilla, Fox's X-Men 5, WB's Edge of Tomorrow, and Transformers 4 or WB's Jupiter Ascending.

Should be shown with all of those films actually. Than different footage shown to folks at SDCC in July.

The Teaser released in theaters needs to be longer than a 1:30 second teaser also IMO. It needs to be more like a 2:00-2:10 long Teaser Trailer. Lets see that extra 30 seconds!

WB's/DC and Snyder need to generate and build up the buzz and anticipation for this puppy from the get go!

Last edited:
I think the Teaser will be shown with WB's Godzilla, Fox's X-Men 5, WB's Edge of Tomorrow, and or WB's Jupiter Ascending. Should be shown with all of those films actually.

The Teaser needs to be longer than a little 30 second teaser also IMO. It needs to be more like a 1:20 long Teaser Trailer.

So like every teaser ever?

So like every teaser ever?

Oh yeah. I got confused with 30 second TV spots for a second! hehe

I want the first teaser trailer to be more like 2:00 minutes instead of the usual 1:30 teaser. Give me a another 30 seconds of footage to start1

The Godzilla teaser was about that length and was a fantastic tease so I would not mind it being over 2 minutes and still teasing us. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"