BvS All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - Part 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
dcvsmarvel_03_22.jpg

Why Storm? Was Carol Danvers busy?

Heath Ledger didn't create the Joker I think the Joker should be allowed to live on in films. I'm not asking for him anytime soon but the character should not be retired because an actor overdosed.

Where did CoCo ever say anything of the sort? Talk about a Strawman argument out of left field.

There will be another Joker. Ledger was great, but the joke must go on.

After watching Prisoners and There will be Blood, I think Paul Dano could make an interesting Joker.

I would not be surprised if we did got a lot of Joker references in this upcoming movie. If the goal is have Affleck kick start another Bats franchise then alluding to the Joker in this movie is a good way to start.

I don't know that it's even just about time. I think that it's about movies in between. If Batman appears in two movies without the Joker over the next 6 years, I'm okay with another Joker/Batman movie then.

I'm actually okay with the Joker being in all of the Batman solos, just not as the primary threat. I'd like to see him hinted at and build up until he ultimately is use as a main baddie.

Joker is not a villain you build up to

People have been saying stuff like that since he died though

People said the same thing about Nicholson after he played the character and it took 19 years to get another live action version. I don't see anything wrong with waiting. In fact it's a lot smarter than not waiting. TASM learned that the hard way.

^ TASM was a decade later than the original, and Tobey would be about 40 for Spider-Man 4. Would you watch a Spidey who's around 40? :D

^ TASM was a decade later than the original, and Tobey would be about 40 for Spider-Man 4. Would you watch a Spidey who's around 40? :D

I liked TASM. Bought it on Blu-ray. Glad we didn't get SM4 with the awful Vulturess idea. My post above is referring to the fact that many people refused to give it a chance.

Even waiting 10 years wasn't long enough for Spider-Man. WB waited almost 20 years with the Joker and it worked.

^ I think it's more that WB did it's own thing (The Joel Shumuker movies) found out it didn't work and handed the new reboot to a smart indie director and let him decide the villains he wanted. I think that's the best approach.

^ I think it's more that WB did it's own thing (The Joel Shumuker movies) found out it didn't work and handed the new reboot to a smart indie director and let him decide the villains he wanted. I think that's the best approach.

Who is this smart, indie director of which you speak? You cannot possibly be referring to that horrible, untalented shlub whose movies feature excessive exposition to placate moronic mainstream audiences and doesn't understand even the most basic of fundamentals for filming action sequences?

/everything I know, I learned from the Hype.

That's basically what happened in a nutshell. Schumacer's B&R implosion/ un-intentional self sacrifice, gave birth to the Nolan trilogy, among many other things.

^ Which is then being micromanaged, but in a more calculated level ;)

What goes around, comes around again. If you're lucky enough to be Batman :p

Who is this smart, indie director of which you speak? You cannot possibly be referring to that horrible, untalented shlub whose movies feature excessive exposition to placate moronic mainstream audiences and doesn't understand even the most basic of fundamentals for filming action sequences?

/everything I know, I learned from the Hype.

I've been seeing you say this a lot here on the Hype. Out of curiosity, I always wanted to ask you this question: Do you think The Dark Knight Rises explains everything? Because I have no clue how a film with so many plot holes and inconsistencies would ever get criticized for "explaining everything to the tee". Not to go too off topic, but that film didn't even properly explain character motivations.

^ If for nothing else, Nolan's smart for working around talent, using traditional filmmaking methods for the most part, and appealing to a mass audience as well as a disturbingly rabid (He's always right!" fanbase. And he made Memento.

I've been seeing you say this a lot here on the Hype. Out of curiosity, I always wanted to ask you this question: Do you think The Dark Knight Rises explains everything? Because I have no clue how a film with so many plot holes and inconsistencies would ever get criticized for "explaining everything to the tee". Not to go too off topic, but that film didn't even properly explain character motivations.

I think he was being sarcastic with that comment Shika. Pretty sure anyway, haha.

^ If for nothing else, Nolan's smart for working around talent, using traditional filmmaking methods for the most part, and appealing to a mass audience as well as a disturbingly rabid (He's always right!" fanbase. And he made Memento.

No more rabid or disturbing than some of his detractors. :cwink:

It would seem to me WB/DC are reaching for the TDKT level brass ring with this film to me. If the talent being rumored to be assembled is true.

It would seem to me WB/DC are reaching for the TDKT level brass ring with this film to me. If the talent being rumored to be assembled is true.
Agreed. JP would be a good addition, though I'm wondering if we may get some more casting surprises down the line.

if the rewrites make it tdk epic, then by all means get a list actors to play iconic roles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"