BvS All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to go ahead and say I doubt this is going to be a big action scene ala TDKR. If it is, then that's very lame.

If it's just the setting for another smaller plot point then I'd be fine with that. Having the teams play each other could be a decent way to set the two cities up as geographically close to one another if it's portrayed as some sort of local rivalry.

Long live the Rapid City Monuments. :csad:

What's the big deal about one little football scene? Football is such a big part of American culture, its not.a shock to see it in.

Wasn't the story pretty specific in saying that the only thing being shot is during the halftime? How much screen time are people expecting from 20 minutes?

As long as it's one "little" football scene. If it's another "big" football scene, then that would be recycling an idea way too soon. People have a right to expect more creativity from professional screenwriters.

I had a blast as an extra for the Heinz Field shoot. A (very very hot) day I'll never forget. It's always cool to have these opportunities for fans to get involved, so that's nice. If I was out in the LA area I'm sure I'd be doing it again.

It would take hours/all day if it was a critical scene. Most likely it will only be a few minutes at most. Keep in mind that it would take a while to set everything up. It's probably gonna be several seconds or even a few minutes at most in Superman/Batman, and I doubt anything major will happen in the game.

Yeah, I mean principal photography won't even have started in earnest when they shoot this. And there's an actual game going on, it's not like TDKR where they had the whole stadium to themselves. This is definitely gonna be something quick.

It's really cool that they're gonna be giving out Snyder-designed tees too. I hope they're movie-related.

Last edited:
Wasn't the story pretty specific in saying that the only thing being shot is during the halftime? How much screen time are people expecting from 20 minutes?

and thats 20 minutes for the whole shoot...setting up and breaking down..it'll be a quick 2-5 minute scene

Sure, but then why should every recent Superman or Batman movie have to have some football stadium sequence? They should be a little creative.

As excited as I am to just get this kind of movie, the more each month passes the more I feel like it's just some product created by a studio forced upon the filmmakers. Like how it used to be. HERE! we need toys and merch! So set up this Gotham vs Metropolis football game! the football scene went over well in the last Batman movie so let's push it further! I wouldn't even put it past them to create another Bat-Wing or a new batmobile without even using it...just showing it in the batcave at the start of the movie. These are the things im afraid of even though im still going to enjoy the hell out of the action & trailers. Even Affleck's casting is fine but has to do with his name and how he can direct more pictures for Warner.

It might not even be a scene though, it might be like 10 seconds of footage. It could be for a flashback sequence. It could be anything. It could not even end up in the film.

I am hoping Solyant break and others use the footage (should any of it leak on the internet) in the fan trailers.

My sources are telling me that the reason for Batman and Superman's fight in BvS is because they support different football teams. This scene is going to be the catalyst for the whole film.

My sources are telling me that the reason for Batman and Superman's fight in BvS is because they support different football teams. This scene is going to be the catalyst for the whole film.

SHHHHHHH Comsic book news will hear you!

I put money on it being just a game playing in the background of a TV...With maybe a quick shot of the cameras actually on the field when and actor is looking at the TV....nothing more.

What if in the football game we might see the guy who eventually becomes:

2740773-justl_cv18.jpg

Didn't they tease him in MOS?

I'd approve if they were setting him up for Teen Titans, not JL

Because its just a setting.

Its a Metropolis State vs Gotham U game.

Doesn' mean Clark or Bruce are on the teams.

Oh brother :doh: wow haha.

Because it's part of the story? Remember in TDKR when they showed a "Gotham Rogues" football game? Yeah, Bruce wasn't on the team. It was part of the story arc. smh

Really? :dry: Look downwards please... :dry:

Hmmmm.... Gotham University is involved in the story? That's where Dick Grayson went :)

^THIS is what I was implying with my question. Older Bats = possibility of Grayson/Drake.

Hmm, well wasn't it said that Bruce Wayne's into younger women? :p :cwink:

Also a possibility...:o

Are people really so chomping at the bit to crap all over this movie that the fact that a minor scene is shot at a football stadium somehow has "meaning"? It's somehow proof of bankrupt creativity? Yeah, my decision to come here less often until concrete news is out is looking wiser by the day. Jeez!

I am excited BVS is gonna films something Saturday.

Personally, I’m not bothered by this at all and I can’t think of a reason why people would feel bothered by this, though I do think it’s kind of funny that the first shot of the film, period, is being filmed almost 2 years before it’s release.

If this film really has batman and Superman fight each other in some form, if Batman is allowed to temporarily beat Superman, would that imply that Batman could have defeated Zod and his company on his own then if Superman weren't there?

If this film really has batman and Superman fight each other in some form, if Batman is allowed to temporarily beat Superman, would that imply that Batman could have defeated Zod and his company on his own then if Superman weren't there?

I think Superman will end up going easier on Batman, Superman will probably underestimate him

I think Superman will end up going easier on Batman, Superman will probably underestimate him

I think that as well.

Based on what we saw of Superman’s personality in “MOS”, he didn’t come off as the type of hero that would become the Government Puppet/Stooge that his comic counterpart did in “TDKR” storyline so I don’t think we’ll see Superman and Batman coming into conflict under those situations.

If anything, Batman is likely the one that will make the first aggressive move on Superman in this take instead, assuming if Batman’s purpose for confronting Superman is because he doesn’t trust him.

He will probably beat Superman with kryptonite or other kryptonian tech that he wouldn't have been able to get his hands on till after Superman defeated Zod. So no.

I’m still holding up that by the end of this film, BOTH heroes end up learning something very valuable from each other in terms of how they can be better heroes. I don’t want one hero outclassing the other entirely, etc.

I’m also wondering though as to how far back Snyder and Goyer were planning for this film since I’m beginning to get the impression as of late that this wasn’t the rushed job that some had complained where Warner Bros. just told Goyer and Snyder to make a Superman/Batman film in the middle of this year before comic con.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"