BvS All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, can we get some Lex casting news soon, pretty please?

Anyone else think it's weird that they're apparently filming another football game scene so soon after TDKR?

no one seemed to complain about the football scene in MOS.

Like others, I was so pumped for Mos, I couldn't sleep some nights. I enjoyed it, but man it didn't live up to my hype and it could have with a slightly better movie. I'll never be that excited for a film again.

If this is just on in the backround, on tv, then cool. But if they actually shoot a scene on the football field as the main focus...that just feels like Rises to me. Gotham vs Metropolis? Really? That could be neat or it could be corny as hell. What are the chances that Bruce (gotham) is going after Clark (metropolis) :whatever::whatever::whatever:

They better keep it minimal. If not, then im disappointed in Goyer for repeating something that was just in the last batman movie of a different universe. Im fussy like that. I hate when things are repeated when it's not necessary. This movie should be an opportunity to completely leave the Nolan-verse behind even similar scenes like a football game at some stadium.

Couldn't they at least change things up and make it a baseball game, a basketball game or even a hockey game?

no one seemed to complain about the football scene in MOS.
A) that's not batman
B) what football scene?? on tv?

I think roach is talking when Clark was drinking beer watching the game

The only way this football idea works is if it's taking place in Metropolis and it's a way for Bruce to attend the game for whatever public reason, so he can get closer to Clark/Superman. If not I cant see how this wont come off cheesy, again, this is if it's a big scene.

Because it seems like a stupid little joke thrown in there "hardy har, get it!? Gotham is facing Metropolis because Batman's facing Superman in this movie!! haaahaha get it!? funny eh!?"

Stupid.

Interesting...ELAC is only 15 mins from me.

The only way this football idea works is if it's taking place in Metropolis and it's a way for Bruce to attend the game for whatever public reason, so he can get closer to Clark/Superman. If not I cant see how this wont come off cheesy, again, this is if it's a big scene.

Because it seems like a stupid little joke thrown in there "hardy har, get it!? Gotham is facing Metropolis because Batman's facing Superman in this movie!! haaahaha get it!? funny eh!?"

Stupid.

I don't know, I think you're being a bit harsh on the idea. I get that for comic book fans like us, yes it's pretty obvious. If it was in the next issue of the Batman/Superman comic, admittedly it would be 'okay okay yes we get it, Gotham = Batman, Metropolis = Superman.' But this is on the big screen.
These two have each had hugely successful films spanning decades, yet have never even been mentioned in relation to each other (I'm not counting B&R :p).

In fact, I think there's probably a big chunk of the general audience who doesn't even realise Superman and Batman are good buddies and exist along side one another. They might have been fighting alongside each other for decades in the comics and cartoons, but on the big screen, we're still at square one. I think the football game is a nice, simple way to show that Metropolis and Gotham are a) as real as any other state who plays football, and b) are actually in the same universe/place/.

Stupid.

Wait...was that a stupid little joke thrown in too? :oldrazz:

I don't know, I think you're being a bit harsh on the idea. I get that for comic book fans like us, yes it's pretty obvious. If it was in the next issue of the Batman/Superman comic, admittedly it would be 'okay okay yes we get it, Gotham = Batman, Metropolis = Superman.' But this is on the big screen.
These two have each had hugely successful films spanning decades, yet have never even been mentioned in relation to each other (I'm not counting B&R :p).

In fact, I think there's probably a big chunk of the general audience who doesn't even realise Superman and Batman are good buddies and exist along side one another. They might have been fighting alongside each other for decades in the comics and cartoons, but on the big screen, we're still at square one. I think the football game is a nice, simple way to show that Metropolis and Gotham are a) as real as any other state who plays football, and b) are actually in the same universe/place/.
But it's completely unnecessary. Im sure people will find out in 3 minutes flat that Batman exists in Gotham (they know this already) and is on his way to Metropolis which is where Superman is, where Clark works (they also know this). Why would they need a football game to show this?? Sounds dumb as hell. It's probably just a way for WB to sell goddamn jerseys for both fictional cities.

That's why im saying at least work it into the story. Clark is at the game for Daily Planet or Bruce is attending the game, helping fund both teams or something, and he uses that as an excuse to look into Clark further.

Why all the aggravation about the filming of this sequence. We have no idea what the actual context is.

There was a scene filmed at a baseball stadium in LA for Superman Returns as well, that is where the plane ended up landing. I liked that scene.

I never saw Supergirl, was it any good? That's weird, I never really think of that as a shared universe but you're right, it was

Supergirl is one of those movies that you can enjoy as a youngster, but it's tough to watch after that. It's kind of in that spot in between Superman 3 and Superman 4: The Quest for Peace.

Supergirl is probably better saved for television of as a peripheral Superman character.

Stupid.

I'm okay with a bit of cheese :yay:

You think Thor powering Iron Man's armor up WASN'T cheesy?

Grilled-Cheese-GIF3.gif

I think you guys are reading way too much into this shoot. I can guarantee this will probably be a TV shot. They've scheduled 15 minutes for this shoot and none of the main actors will be there. When the UPM sets aside 15 minutes for a shot that takes into account set up and breakdown. So we could be looking at 2-5 minutes of actual footage that will get edited to be in this movie.
It's not going to be a main plot point.
Superman and Batman won't play football against each other.
It might not even be used.

I'm okay with a bit of cheese :yay:

You think Thor powering Iron Man's armor up WASN'T cheesy?

Grilled-Cheese-GIF3.gif
It was, and I don't like most of that movie for that reason.

If it's subtle or works for the plot then sure. But if it's there just to be there, for the studio to sell merch, then it's not my thing.

Why all the aggravation about the filming of this sequence. We have no idea what the actual context is.

There was a scene filmed at a baseball stadium in LA for Superman Returns as well, that is where the plane ended up landing. I liked that scene.
Sure, but then why should every recent Superman or Batman movie have to have some football stadium sequence? They should be a little creative.

As excited as I am to just get this kind of movie, the more each month passes the more I feel like it's just some product created by a studio forced upon the filmmakers. Like how it used to be. HERE! we need toys and merch! So set up this Gotham vs Metropolis football game! the football scene went over well in the last Batman movie so let's push it further! I wouldn't even put it past them to create another Bat-Wing or a new batmobile without even using it...just showing it in the batcave at the start of the movie. These are the things im afraid of even though im still going to enjoy the hell out of the action & trailers. Even Affleck's casting is fine but has to do with his name and how he can direct more pictures for Warner.

It looks like a combination of it being "in" to be pessimistic to some and this being the only current piece of info available for discussion.

Seriously, people are having doubts over a 20 minute shoot during a community college football halftime.

I think you guys are reading way too much into this shoot. I can guarantee this will probably be a TV shot. They've scheduled 15 minutes for this shoot and none of the main actors will be there. When the UPM sets aside 15 minutes for a shot that takes into account set up and breakdown. So we could be looking at 2-5 minutes of actual footage that will get edited to be in this movie.

No, no, no. The only connection between Batman and football is TDKR, therefore this scene will be incredibly similar to that. It's the only logical solution. How can you not see this?!

:woot:

If that's the case then good. The least amount of screentime the better. Im a jerk with repetition. Even when a new album comes out by an artist I listen to. If it sounds like the previous album I get turned off. Goyer can get a little more creative with this stuff!

At the same time, if it's only in like a minute of the movie, then it tells me it's just there to be there. To sell jerseys and treat everyone like theyre ******s "the story is batman vs superman right folks? k so here's Gotham (batman) now here's Metropolis (superman). theyre going to be facing each other oookaaaay?" *baby voice*

If that's the case then good. The least amount of screentime the better. Im a jerk with repetition. Even when a new album comes out by an artist I listen to. If it sounds like the previous album I get turned off. Goyer can get a little more creative with this stuff!

At the same time, if it's only in like a minute of the movie, then it tells me it's just there to be there. To sell jerseys and treat everyone like theyre ******s "the story is batman vs superman right folks? k so here's Gotham (batman) now here's Metropolis (superman). theyre going to be facing each other oookaaaay?" *baby voice*

again I think you are reading too much into it. Just like the scene in MOS was just a shot to set the scene. This will be the exact same thing. Clark is probably watching tv when something happens....he has to fly off and save someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"