BvS All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 47

Status
Not open for further replies.
waited...to do it like Marvel does:whatever::whatever::whatever:

Marvel fan, eh? I don't think it'll be like that to be honest. I keep hearing people talk about 'event films'. I like the sound of that -- I'd actually like Marvel to be a little more integrated outside of Avenger films.

Good idea, that sounds pretty awesome.

I'm having such a hard time trying to figure out what this films plot will be.

I have no idea how Wonder Woman, Superman, Batman, Lex Luthor, and presumably another Superman villain like Metallo or Doomsday will work into this story

I am sure we'll know more once the film goes into production.

I came up with that plot based on who was cast. I think a lot of people are expecting a physical Superman villain in this movie and I think pitting Batman and Superman against each other would take care of the need for a super powered villain (besides nothing has been as the fans expect it to be on this film). It's just that he didn't calculate other heroes coming out of the wood work.

:huh:
Not sure what goes for facts around here(on on the internet) but that actually sounds like typical fandom conjecture to me. Particularly the part about WB.
It's fact. What else can he say without being so direct that it comes off like he's dissing the studio? He says it in the article, he wanted a Bruce reference/cameo at the end of MOS 2 but WB ran with the fight idea instead. If that's not confirmed, then i dont know what to tell you.

So people want to make money?

I'm disgusted.
Like i said it's not wrong of the studio. As a fan i prefer to see Batman vs Superman instead of some rehashed Superman movie featuring only Lex Luthor & some new Supes villain. But Zack even said it last year that WB are doing it in a different way than what he intended but is still excited. But it's now quite clear that the priority is money over story. Money is important and needs to be a factor with these kind of movies, but story should always come first. It's just that Snyder doesn't have Nolan's control so he has to go with it, not that he's complaining right now.

Money comes before story at Marvel. And that's what this universe is all about too. That's not a diss as i really enjoyed Winter Soldier for instance. And that wouldn't have happened if not for Avengers, etc. But Avengers, Justice League, Batman vs Superman (even if you can work a cool story in there)..the team-ups are ALWAYS just about getting asses into seats. Selling the toys, the 3D glasses, piling in as many kids and adults into one theater as possible.

If it was more focused on the natural flow of the story, we wouldn't be talking about a Batman crossover right now. We would be thinking of a possible Wonder Woman origin film that could lead into a crossover for her. That's not happening because they're trying to compete with Marvel's brand.

Last edited:
At this point with no other major casting announcements and filming about to start soon, maybe its safe to assume that Batman is the main "antagonist" of this movie? I mean Snyder himself said "after Zod, what can you do?" Maybe in a subtle way he is telling us that Batman is Supes' main opposing force in this movie with Lex and WW in the background.

I know people want Metallo and Doomsday but I don't think they're gonna come into play for this.

Marvel fan, eh? I don't think it'll be like that to be honest. I keep hearing people talk about 'event films'. I like the sound of that -- I'd actually like Marvel to be a little more integrated outside of Avenger films.

no I was commenting that people want WB to wait like Marvel did. I am in favor of this movie. It's a good move for WB. They get to do an event film before their event film. This is the primer...if BvS does any kind of money (and it would have to be a greater POC than Batman and Robin not to) Justice League will create a need for a new currency.

At this point with no other major casting announcements and filming about to start soon, maybe its safe to assume that Batman is the main "antagonist" of this movie? I mean Snyder himself said "after Zod, what can you do?" Maybe in a subtle way he is telling us that Batman is Supes' main opposing force in this movie with Lex and WW in the background.

I know people want Metallo and Doomsday but I don't think they're gonna come into play for this.

That's if WB has any other secrets up it's sleeves and right now they have on those puffy Shakespeare shirts so who knows...

Considering what DKR did for the property during those times and it's reigning significance..and it's sweet animated film. I personally don't think it's all that bad.

I'm personally more interested in that batman than I am another baleman. Can't speak for everyone though.

I have nothing against TDKR, it's one of my favorite Batman stories...I just don't want to see that "elseworlds" version of Batman in the movie. If Snyder wants Rorscach in a batsuit, he should just make Watchmen 2 instead.

But like I said a few days ago, it's too early to tell... if the movie is crap and the entire Justice League-stuff fails, it's not the end of the world. I can watch the older Batman/Superman movies, and Marvel movies:word:

I have nothing against TDKR, it's one of my favorite Batman stories...I just don't want to see that "elseworlds" version of Batman in the movie. If Snyder wants Rorscach in a batsuit, he should just make Watchmen 2 instead.

But like I said a few days ago, it's too early to tell... if the movie is crap and the entire Justice League-stuff fails, it's not the end of the world. I can watch the older Batman/Superman movies, and Marvel movies:word:
Well, i dont see how he's Rorschach in a batsuit if he doesn't kill.

As long as they're mixing the full-on Frank Miller Bats characterization with some hints of Conroy/B:TAS then im down for that. But if it's just going to be an extension of the Baleman then i think that's stupid. I dont want this Batman to be like Bale's or Keaton's. He should be a version that we have never seen before on screen. I think this version of Bruce may have been more like the animated series version or 70s Batman when he was younger, in his prime. Getting Grayson into the family. But now that he's older and weary, he has become the Miller-esque batman we know from Returns. And im really cool with that. I hope that's what this is all about.

But even with that kind of writing, the movie may still be a mess.

Batman in YearOne was also Frank Miller...

It's fact. What else can he say without being so direct that it comes off like he's dissing the studio? He says it in the article, he wanted a Bruce reference/cameo at the end of MOS 2 but WB ran with the fight idea instead. If that's not confirmed, then i dont know what to tell you.
You've told me plenty. However, "confirmed" would be him saying as much.
If(and I know it doesn't happen often) we all just read articles for literally what they say and not what we are looking for them to say, things would be alot more clear imo.

For example, where does he mention the studio(WB) in all of that. Where does he mention that it wasn't he himself that didn't expand on the idea after himself instigated the idea in the first place. Imagine for a second that these story meetings(much like the ones that happened during the early stages of MOS between just two individuals), didn't involve suits but rather the creative leads.

There are alot of assumptions to be had and we gain little form agenda being thrown around. Ergo, why I doubt talk at words like 'facts' and 'confirmation.
More like, 'ammunition' imo.

Last edited:
Snyder is basically saying, that he intended for another Superman movie with kryptonite being sent to Bruce Wayne at the end of it, but because he mentioned Supes fighting Bats for fun at a meeting...that it's now Batman vs Superman. All because WB cant wait for money. They saw the concept and ran with it right away instead of waiting. Not saying it's wrong but now it's a fact.

Not really. Snyder said once he thought of Superman going up against Batman at some point (third movie), it was too exciting of an idea for him to not explore further now.

The problem is, once you say it out loud, then it’s kind of hard to go back, right? Once you [as in Snyder] say, 'What about Batman?' then you [as in Snyder] realize, 'Okay, that’s a cool idea. What else?'
You're misreading his exact quotes to fulfill what you previously thought about the project.

Like i said it's not wrong of the studio. As a fan i prefer to see Batman vs Superman instead of some rehashed Superman movie featuring only Lex Luthor & some new Supes villain. But Zack even said it last year that WB are doing it in a different way than what he intended but is still excited. But it's now quite clear that the priority is money over story. Money is important and needs to be a factor with these kind of movies, but story should always come first. It's just that Snyder doesn't have Nolan's control so he has to go with it, not that he's complaining right now.

Money comes before story at Marvel. And that's what this universe is all about too. That's not a diss as i really enjoyed Winter Soldier for instance. And that wouldn't have happened if not for Avengers, etc. But Avengers, Justice League, Batman vs Superman (even if you can work a cool story in there)..the team-ups are ALWAYS just about getting asses into seats. Selling the toys, the 3D glasses, piling in as many kids and adults into one theater as possible.

If it was more focused on the natural flow of the story, we wouldn't be talking about a Batman crossover right now. We would be thinking of a possible Wonder Woman origin film that could lead into a crossover for her. That's not happening because they're trying to compete with Marvel's brand.

I was joking.

I'm as big of a supporter of this film as anyone, but the more Zach Snyder and TPTB talk about this movie, the less appealing it's becoming to me. They all seem so disorganized and so far removed from the organization that is Marvel. It's a bit off putting.

everyone is just dangling their comments about the suits in our faces.

first Kevin Smith, then garner, Matt Damon, Snyder... this is just torture if we have to wait another year.

first Kevin Smith, then garner, Matt Damon, Snyder... this is just torture if we have to wait another year.

Based off of what Snyder said in the interview today it sounds like Affleck was never even in the suit. Its either a body double or a manip which isnt really surprising considering Affleck wasnt in Batman-shape at the time Smith saw the photos.

Based off of what Snyder said in the interview today it sounds like Affleck was never even in the suit. Its either a body double or a manip which isnt really surprising considering Affleck wasnt in Batman-shape at the time Smith saw the photos.

or they have more than one picture

I'm as big of a supporter of this film as anyone, but the more Zach Snyder and TPTB talk about this movie, the less appealing it's becoming to me. They all seem so disorganized and so far removed from the organization that is Marvel. It's a bit off putting.

based on....

"Snyder revealed some interesting information about how Batman came to be involved in the story, about how Batman and Superman will face off in the movie, about how Watchmen is a good template for approaching a world where Batman and Superman coexist, and about the new costumes — including the giant picture of the costumes that’s hanging on the wall in his office (feel free to freak out)."

:wow:+:wall:=:rimshot:

"Snyder revealed some interesting information about how Batman came to be involved in the story, about how Batman and Superman will face off in the movie, about how Watchmen is a good template for approaching a world where Batman and Superman coexist, and about the new costumes — including the giant picture of the costumes that’s hanging on the wall in his office (feel free to freak out)."

:wow:+:wall:=:rimshot:

looks like we have to break into his office

This is not a personal attack, but what makes you think you know what they have planned or have been planning? Marvel's market strategy has been to put as much out as they can, and sometimes it's almost too much. They walk the line of over-saturation. Snyder is making a film that he wants to be awesome and epic, so forgive them if they don't want to blow their big reveals 2 years out.

I don't often reply to these kinds of posts, but the level of Marvel a**-kissing is too damn high! Marvel may be getting a lot of movies out and even a show, but it's not like every one has been great, or even good.

I get really excited when a new Marvel movie is coming out but looking back, I don't think they're as great as they seemed when I first saw them.

Iron Man 2/3 were big steps down from the first film(which I still think is great)

Thor 2 on rewatch seemed long and not as emotionally powerful as the first.

Captain America 2, saw last weekend, I have to say was great, but still lacked some character development.

Avengers, not even as good Iron Man or Captain America 2 on further viewings.

And now it looks like ABC may not even pick up Agents of Shield for season 2..despite all its cool tie-ins and cameos.

The point I'm trying to make is that Marvel is clearly more visible right now(Disney knows how to smother you with their products), but can we really say, HONESTLY, that they've knocked every film out of the park? I don't think so.

Snyder and Goyer have made comments about dropping small easter eggs in MOS that would elude to a much bigger universe. Is that not how Marvel started?

We ALL have no idea what Snyder and co. have planned, so logically you can't really say they're disorganized. This is a thread for a Batman/Superman movie, can we please leave Marvel in the Marvel thread. It's a really debbie downer to read this Marvel is soooo amazing bs every time I read this thread. Marvel is good, but they're not doing it completely right.

It's baffling to me how, based on this interview, you can come up with the conclusion that WB is disorganized, or don't know what they are doing, or are looking for a money grab.

This article says basically nothing yet somehow WBs sucks

Besides Snyder mentioned that his suggestion took place during a story meeting. You know what happens in a story meeting...ideas get thrown out and you figure out the story of the film. This happens at every story meeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"