BvS All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - Part 63

Status
Not open for further replies.
So....... with Drew McWeeny (who is a 100% trusted source) reporting the Aquaman plot point that he's "unhappy" with what The World Engine did to the ocean, it looks like these plot spoilers were legit:

http://www.movieweb.com/news/batman...lers-been-leaked-by-a-disgruntled-crew-member

And that we can finally say for that BvS does feature [BLACKOUT]the "death" of Superman.[/BLACKOUT]
Everything sounds solid except for [BLACKOUT]Superman living in exile. I would hope after MOS they moved past such a solemn path for Supes.[/BLACKOUT] Unless the execution is so mind-blowingly brilliant, I'm not looking forward to that direction.

I really doubt that we are getting much of anyone that isn't Batman or Superman in the BvS film, just small scenes that plant the seeds for the next movie.

My hope is that it doesn't become the Iron Man 2 to The Avengers, a whole bunch of build up and nothing else.

Since Aquaman is blonde I think WB need to be respectful of the characters. There's no point in introducing characters if they dont at least look like they did in the comic books. As for cramming in as many elements, I hope the script is a good one. Because man, if the script isnt up to speed, this film is going to suck.

I wouldn't consider giving him a different hair color disrespectful, but I am in no way a purist. Yes, a good script is needed.

Yup. And i don't think that it need to happen in this movie, so that he is seen as a bad guy.

Indeed. I'd rather he be a misunderstood good guy that proves himself to humanity and the other JL members.

The thing is i understand people wanting Aquaman to have blond hairs. But is this really necessary for his character to be that faithful? Not sure.

If momosa looks better with black hairs so be it.

Ps: we have a Black Perry among other things, so it better be prepared to deal with it.

Yup. And i don't think that it need to happen in this movie, so that he is seen as a bad guy.

Superman being the bad guy would make so much sense - hello, Smallville wrecked, Metropolis in ruins. World Engine. It was his race of people who did it after all. There is Batman (who is older/wiser). And Luthor. And even Aquaman isnt happy. So yeah, lots of material for them to work with to make Superman look less than a hero in people's eyes.

The thing is i understand people wanting Aquaman to have blond hairs. But is this really necessary for his character to be that faithful? Not sure.

If momosa looks better with black hairs so be it.

Ps: we have a Black Perry among other things, so it better be prepared to deal with it.

Is is necessary for a character to look like they are represented in comic books? Well yeah. Why introduce WW or Aquaman if they are going to be radically different?

Radically? i don't see why a different hair color suggest a radically different character no.

If only there were means to change one's hair color. Something like fake hair, or maybe even a dye of some kind.

This news hasn't been confirmed yet, and already people are worrying and fretting over something that could be a complete non-issue.

The thing is i understand people wanting Aquaman to have blond hairs. But is this really necessary for his character to be that faithful?
Faithful to his aesthetic representation, yes.

Would people be ok with a ginger Superman? A blond Wonder Woman? These are small details, but I think it goes a long way to meeting fans' inherent attraction towards these adaptations.

If only there were means to change one's hair color. Something like fake hair, or maybe even a dye of some kind.

This news hasn't been confirmed yet, and already people are worrying and fretting over something that could be a complete non-issue.

Maybe he can wear a blonde wig and then when he meets Superman he pulls it off and says 'look what you're world engine did to us!' and he is bald! Then Aquaman and Luthor can team-up!

Why are we believing the Momoa Aquaman rumors now?

A reputable source has posted it as happening

People are ok with a blond James Bond, so yes.

Listen i'm all to be faithful and all, but seriously, you know that even in comics looks change.

Did people care this much about Ollie/Barry's hair color in Arrow/Flash?

Or Lois's hair in MOS?

Also, hair-dye is a thing, if they did want to go more blonde.

I didnt hate Man of Steel. I saw it several times in the theaters. It had some good elements but it wasnt a good film by any means. Also I didnt say they are going to make Superman evil; I said that its a concern of mine (like many people are) that Superman will be made to look bad in the movie. Considering the title is Batman v Superman that is a valid point whether you think it is or not.

lol :whatever:

Did people care this much about Ollie/Barry's hair color in Arrow/Flash?

Or Lois's hair in MOS?

Hair is very important in the world of science-fiction/fantasy. It gets obsessed over behind the scenes - how it should look, the color, etc.

Listen i'm all to be faithful and all, but seriously, you know that even in comics looks change.
Of course. But I wouldn't pretend every aesthetic alteration is equal. Everyone has their sensitivities as to what is ok.

I personally would not be a fan of the example I posted previously, though I'm sure I would get over it in time.

Is a hair color change radically different?

Yes it is. Imagine a Superman with red hair in the movies? You think that would go down well? Or maybe a blonde haired Batman? Either way, this film is introducing several new heroes to the screen just when the market is saturated with superheroes.

Movies are elseworlds.
From design to plots. Things can change(see bane)

Like the ultimate line, more accurately.

;)

The plot rumors are very interesting.
Superman would be in exile? so (i speculate) he would be seen dead?

So fans be prepared that Clark is going to die in this movie franchise :o: woot: ;)

Yes it is. Imagine a Superman with red hair in the movies? You think that would go down well? Or maybe a blonde haired Batman? Either way, this film is introducing several new heroes to the screen just when the market is saturated with superheroes.
Val Kilmer says hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"