BvS All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part 77

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, my knowledge about most of the JL characters come mainly from animation and what i have read online. But Martian Manhunter could easily with the right writer(obviously not David Goyer)and director become a franchise. The character has an appeal(to me at least)hes mysterious and has awesome powers.

J'onn has always been one of the League's most unique and interesting characters to me. He had a solo series in the 90s, and it was great. He was also the protagonist of Justice League International and its current successor, Justice League United. Mostly, though, he always feels like the glue holding the JL together, which is why it would be great if he was in the Justice League's first appearance in a movie.

The problem is that to many people, including David Goyer, he's a hard character to relate to, and I imagine that's in part because he doesn't have a human back story and isn't an outwardly charismatic symbol. This makes it much more rewarding, though, when you get wrapped up into his lore and are able to relate to him, especially since his goals are so altruistic through wisdom and not naivety. The guy has seen his planet divided and destroyed and we've watched it with him. He's been the lesser species and the greater species. He is the sage of ages, much more than Superman, and is a really important character type to have in this so-called superhero mythology.

J'onn has always been one of the League's most unique and interesting characters to me. He had a solo series in the 90s, and it was great. He was also the protagonist of Justice League International and its current successor, Justice League United. Mostly, though, he always feels like the glue holding the JL together, which is why it would be great if he was in the Justice League's first appearance in a movie.

The problem is that to many people, including David Goyer, he's a hard character to relate to, and I imagine that's in part because he doesn't have a human back story and isn't an outwardly charismatic symbol. This makes it much more rewarding, though, when you get wrapped up into his lore and are able to relate to him, especially since his goals are so altruistic through wisdom and not naivety. The guy has seen his planet divided and destroyed and we've watched it with him. He's been the lesser species and the greater species. He is the sage of ages, much more than Superman, and is a really important character type to have in this so-called superhero mythology.

I like the cut of your jib! Nice to see more people appreciate the character. I had only seen MM in a couple of comics here in Sweden, he was on the 80s Justice League, the one that had Shazam instead of Superman and Guy Gardner instead of Hal Jordan. But my interest in the character really started with the JL cartoon, when Superman
busted him out of Area 51
that was so cool, then of course there was JL: The New frontier, where MM was voiced by one of my favourite actors Miguel Ferrer! Movies like Avatar have proven that an Alien-centric movie can work with the GA, so i definitely think a MM movie could work. He at least deserves to be in the JL movie.

Last edited:
If you don't believe in yourself first, nobody will.

It's why Kanye is so polarizing, but Kanye believes in himself wholeheartedly regardless of naysayers.

It's kind of how you have to be, especially in the entertainment field.

Personally, I think he has some awesome ideas and I love most of this pitches. These are pretty damn good:

[YT]ev7BrvTsslU[/YT]

[YT]z5bv5Ecbx0A[/YT]

I'm hoping he gets to do a true CBM film. He just needs the right project/break.

His idea for James Bond started really good, but it became a bunch of nonsense like most of his other stuff.

The Rock will likely be Lobo or Black Adam.

...if he's even really involved at all.

Here's what he had to say earlier in the year.

http://io9.com/the-rock-hints-that-hes-still-playing-dcs-badass-boun-1551149505

So let's address the green elephant in the room. Are you going to be Green Lantern?

Dwayne Johnson: [Laughs] Okay, well since you asked. We're all friends. So, you know, there's been mutual interest with myself and DC for many years to find the right character. I, like everyone here in the room, love superheroes. So there's been mutual interest with us for years, and we've been having ongoing discussions, myself and DC, for years about the right character, what the right character would be. That's another thing, too: It had to be right.

It was going to be Black Adam [in the Shazam movie] for a while, right?

Dwayne Johnson: Well, here's the thing — so we've been having these ongoing discussions. I won't tell you who it is, but I'll tell you the three qualities we're looking for, okay? This is going to be fun!

Does he wear a ring?

Dwayne Johnson: [Laughs] Can't say that, but here we go. Here are three qualities. The first quality we were looking for was that he had to be extremely complex and have a lot going on. What that does for me as an actor and the studio is it gives us space that we can explore; his complexities.

The other quality was that he had to — the character we were looking for had to be well-known but never brought to life. Then what that does again as an actor, it gives me a little bit of space, and we talked about personality. It just gives me a chance to put an imprint into his personality, with the set of tools that I could bring to the table and put a very unique twist on his personality, but still pay homage to who he is.

The third thing — and most important — is he had to be a badass mother****er, okay, and on a Superman level of power, where he could throw down. In those three qualities, I'm happy we've found that character. Right now, we're out to a lot of writers.

I haven't seen anything since then, but it seems like Black Adam and Lobo are strong candidates.

I'm still placing my bet on Black Adam. I think it would be a smart move on WB's part to put him in the Shazam film, make it on a lower budget and advertise him heavily.

Yeah, I remember all that. Whether he truly is involved with DC or not, I doubt his involvement would have anything to do with BvS, JL, or any of the initial DC films that are incoming.

Quite possible, though I think The Rock being involved with the DCCU could be pretty cool.

Perhaps SDCC will reveal something...or not. :oldrazz:

Quite possible, though I think The Rock being involved with the DCCU could be pretty cool.

Perhaps SDCC will reveal something...or not. :oldrazz:

The Rock in a Lobo film would be cool, as it might help raise the profile of the little-known character and would be something different for him, but I don't really think he should have a place in the JL. And for the record, I actually like The Rock a lot.

Paul is a fine actor. He in no way shape or form is a fit for ANY Flash in the least to my eyes. I seriously don't get why people keep fancasting him. What about the guy screams Barry Allen OR Wally West?

Paul is a fine actor. He in no way shape or form is a fit for ANY Flash in the least to my eyes. I seriously don't get why people keep fancasting him. What about the guy screams Barry Allen OR Wally West?
cause fans think they are casting directors

Take this with a grain:
No specific plot details or spoilers, but some updates on what we can expect in terms of visuals for superpowers in Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice. There are tests already being done to coincide with Justice League as well, because production will likely be moving much faster on the next installment. The current visual effects team is working on new powers that were not displayed in Man of Steel, as well as updates to previous powers that were seen. One of the new characters is going to push the limits of Superman’s speed, and there are a multitude of different types of effects being tested to show different types of “speed moments” There is a test in showing a vibration effect where the character almost seems to disappear.

Another test shot has a buildup of wind, ice, and debris which move in a tornado formation around a growing blur that outlines the characters body. Also there is a speed effect similar to bullet time to show more of a superhero perspective, where the audience sees how time and speed are slowed down the faster that the character moves. I immediately thought of old scenes from Spiderman and episodes of Smallville but have been promised while it is meant to demonstrate the same perspective; it will incorporate a lot of effects for surrounding objects as well.

In one of the test shots for example, a ball is being thrown and the character sees it spinning slowly. As the character speeds up, the ball slows down more but still moves. Everything around the character is still moving. Eventually as full speed is realized the ball is almost to a complete stop and bright glowing bolts (kind of like lightning) start to appear and the rest of the environment is paused. The ball is grabbed by the character, and just as it is grabbed we see movement beginning to happen again, and the bolts start disappearing.

Snyder is asking the team to really push for new ways of showing speed. An assistant stated at a meeting that Snyder said pretty much word for word “ I want jaws to f***ing drop. It’s time to shake up the balance of realism, and add a bit of wow factor. People are paying money to see these super powered beings in all their glory. It has to look awesome, better than anything they have ever seen in any superhero movie. Look at the competition (Avengers), we will have characters doing things that they can’t do. It’s gotta be shown and blow people away…”

Last edited:
Take this with a grain:
No specific plot details or spoilers, but some updates on what we can expect in terms of visuals for superpowers in Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice. There are tests already being done to coincide with Justice League as well, because production will likely be moving much faster on the next installment. The current visual effects team is working on new powers that were not displayed in Man of Steel, as well as updates to previous powers that were seen. One of the new characters is going to push the limits of Superman’s speed, and there are a multitude of different types of effects being tested to show different types of “speed moments” There is a test in showing a vibration effect where the character almost seems to disappear.

Another test shot has a buildup of wind, ice, and debris which move in a tornado formation around a growing blur that outlines the characters body. Also there is a speed effect similar to bullet time to show more of a superhero perspective, where the audience sees how time and speed are slowed down the faster that the character moves. I immediately thought of old scenes from Spiderman and episodes of Smallville but have been promised while it is meant to demonstrate the same perspective; it will incorporate a lot of effects for surrounding objects as well.

In one of the test shots for example, a ball is being thrown and the character sees it spinning slowly. As the character speeds up, the ball slows down more but still moves. Everything around the character is still moving. Eventually as full speed is realized the ball is almost to a complete stop and bright glowing bolts (kind of like lightning) start to appear and the rest of the environment is paused. The ball is grabbed by the character, and just as it is grabbed we see movement beginning to happen again, and the bolts start disappearing.

Snyder is asking the team to really push for new ways of showing speed. An assistant stated at a meeting that Snyder said pretty much word for word “ I want jaws to f***ing drop. It’s time to shake up the balance of realism, and add a bit of wow factor. People are paying money to see these super powered beings in all their glory. It has to look awesome, better than anything they have ever seen in any superhero movie. Look at the competition (Avengers), we will have characters doing things that they can’t do. It’s gotta be shown and blow people away…”

This sounds amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bow: :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"