BvS All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 78

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

nvm

BvS is definitely moving, I'm just hoping they'd announce it this week.

As for the BvS release date, one will move. But Marvel is not bluffing right now since Feige has said in countless interviews they won't be moving. At this point, Marvel can afford teh hit, WB can't. If I was Disney I would have moved Cap 3 to April since cap 2 was pretty successful in that much. BvS should just move to July if Marvel doesn't move. They have more to lose here. Just my 2 cents.

Exactly. Well said TeeKay!

Om My Gawd, part 78 already on page 50+???? I've only been gone for like an hour!

As for the BvS release date, one will move. But Marvel is not bluffing right now since Feige has said in countless interviews they won't be moving. At this point, Marvel can afford teh hit, WB can't. If I was Disney I would have moved Cap 3 to April since cap 2 was pretty successful in that much. BvS should just move to July if Marvel doesn't move. They have more to lose here. Just my 2 cents.

How can WB, the richest studio in the biz, not be able to afford a hit?

It's ultimately up to Disney whether or not Cap 3 stays

I'd disagree that they have "more to lose". At best BvS makes more money and Cap 3 is just the better movie...

Actually yeah they have more to lose whereas Disney/Marvel have lots of franchises to play with. WB on the other hand is trying hard to set up those new franchises. So yeah, they wont clash. Its just fans on the web thinking they will and WB wont do it.

I'd disagree that they have "more to lose". At best BvS makes more money and Cap 3 is just the better movie...

Dude it's all about maximising profits. You saw how much Cap 2 made alone, how do you think Cap 3 will fare? It WILL do damage to BvS opening week-end. Granted BvS will make more money but not as much as it could have made if Cap 3 didn't open head to head with it.:oldrazz:

If any studio head keeps their film against another massive release because they can "afford the hit" and want to hurt the rival movie's box office, he or she should be fired.

If any studio head keeps their film against another massive release because they can "afford the hit" and want to hurt the rival movie's box office, he or she should be fired.

This too, Marvel is going to lose out on probably a solid 200 mil just cuz they can take a hit?

How can WB, the richest studio in the biz, not be able to afford a hit?

It's ultimately up to Disney whether or not Cap 3 stays

Really? Because I'm pretty sure BvS was a reactive film after MOS didn't perform as well as they thought it would. They want to maximise as much profits as they can. They won't if Cap 3 stays on that date. I agree, one should move whether be it Cap 3 or BvS.

Really? Because I'm pretty sure BvS was a reactive film after MOS didn't perform as well as they thought it would. They want to maximise as much profits as they can. They won't if Cap 3 stays on that date. I agree, one should move whether be it Cap 3 or BvS.

it's not

I'm all for The Rock as Shazam. He's got the big, teddy bear charm the character needs to have, but he can also be a badass if he wants.

Maybe he's playing both Shazam and Black Adam.

Yup.

Dude it's all about maximising profits. You saw how much Cap 2 made alone, how do you think Cap 3 will fare? It WILL do damage to BvS opening week-end. Granted BvS will make more money but not as much as it could have made if Cap 3 didn't open head to head with it.

Exactly. CA3 is going to be one of those huge movies. Not only because CA2 was one of the most critically acclaimed superhero films in history but also because its CA3 which will benefit not only from The Avengers 2 (which will be a huge juggernaut) but also because they will likely team Captain America up with other heroes as well.

Neither Disney nor WB are going to be dumb enough to both release on the same day is the point. It's not that either one is more or less willing or capable of taking a hit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"