All Things Wonder Woman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has new tv spot been posted/discussed?

I THINK there may be 1 new scene? Diana talking about defending the world.

When the newest trailer dropped in March, pieces in Forbes, Refinery29 and the New York Times all pointed out star Gal Gadot's lack of armpit hair. Feminists on Twitter also criticized her smooth underarm area, saying shaving wouldn't be a top priority for a superhero raised on an island of women

"That was truly hilarious," Patty Jenkins told TooFab at WonderCon. "One day those stories will be told about the laughs that happened behind closed doors about, like, the misconceptions there."

Hope the twitter feminist dont come after her for finding it hilarious. :o

I guess since the lasso glows/works with anyone holding it, this means the lasso is magical itself and does not need Diana to activate it. I'm cool with this, I like WW's innate superhuman powers mixed with mystical artifacts and weapons.

Sometimes they'll have it that only someone "pure of heart" can wield the lasso but as a general rule anyone can use it, it's even been used against Wonder Woman a number of times.

Has new tv spot been posted/discussed?

I THINK there may be 1 new scene? Diana talking about defending the world.

I'd like the TV spots to be just different recuts of the trailer. From the description from news sites in the editing bay the marketing had done it's job.

one very good thing about this new, or post-Beauty & Beast, TV spot is that Diana is the sole focus, and Steve is barely visible.

many "comic fans" have said that the origin trailer was very lacking in the WOW!!! department...well, I think it was a strategic trailer, AKA the Beauty & Beast trailer that may work the wonders to the general female demo.

Circe feels more like a Big Bad movie villain to me than Cheetah does

New picture

17796521_1228878523876925_7086808595585485764_n.jpg

Cheetah should be like the Joker

I kinda wonder if there will be any groundwork laid for future villains in this film? A reference to Circe would totally be welcome by me.

I kinda wonder if there will be any groundwork laid for future villains in this film? A reference to Circe would totally be welcome by me.

That would be great. Tie WW to the prophecy that she'll be the one to bring her downfall.

That would be great. Tie WW to the prophecy that she'll be the one to bring her downfall.

It wouldn't have to be a big thing. But a even a mention of the mythical Circe would be a cool name drop.

Circe feels more like a Big Bad movie villain to me than Cheetah does

If they make a sequel, the best option imo would be Villainy Inc or Godwatch as they're known these days. Basically it's an alliance between villains who, on their own, may be not be threat to Wonder Woman but together are a force to be reckoned with. At this point, I'm wanting something a little bit more intelligent than your standard superhero-beats-supervillain story, I wish I could pitch my story

What does Cheetah symbolize that is antithetical to WW?

Cheetah has been corrupted and cursed by black magic/gods/cults. She is the dark side, the bloodlust, chaos etc. And she has power that can equal Diana so is a physical opponent.

Cheetah has been corrupted and cursed by black magic/gods/cults. She is the dark side, the bloodlust, chaos etc. And she has power that can equal Diana so is a physical opponent.

I have to say the whole costume made from the butchered remainds of actual cheetahs bit from JUSTICE was a cool way to do the character's look.

A lifesize statue of Wonder Woman at the Romics Comic Convention in Italy:

17795781_1230724997025611_2173958328792896683_n.jpg

What does Cheetah symbolize that is antithetical to WW?

Wonder Woman is the golden child, she's favored by the Gods and everyone loves her whereas Cheetah was shunned by the God Urzkartaga and condemned to a life of excrutiating pain all because Barbara Ann was not a virgin. She resents Wonder Woman for being perfect

A lifesize statue of Wonder Woman at the Romics Comic Convention in Italy:

17795781_1230724997025611_2173958328792896683_n.jpg

That looks awesome! I am getting really excited about the movie, and I want to see if my cousin wants to go with me and bring her two daughters so we can make it a girls night out at the theater :gngl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"