Arrow Arrow General Discussion Thread - - - - Part 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was this confirmed? Is this usually something Atom can do in the comics (not a character I'm familiar with)?

The Atom possesses the power to alter his size down to the subatomic level while retaining his natural strength level. This is accomplished by using the remnants of a white-dwarf star made into a belt.

I know. What I'm saying is, suit or not, inexperience is inexperience. The most powerful weapon in the universe would be useless in the hands of someone who doesn't know how to use it. And if he can't even throw a punch, the suit will be even more useless.

I think they're gearing more towards him killing when necessary, which I'm okay with. He did it last season too. I see what you mean, though.

True; I mean Oliver did hold his own (somewhat) when confronted by a influenced Barry (who was relatively inexperienced at that point).

Ray's only real advantage would be the element of surprise but once that's out, the league would be able to use his inexperience against him.

Was this confirmed? Is this usually something Atom can do in the comics (not a character I'm familiar with)?

Well, from what I read...he can control the mass/weight of his body to the point where he could glide in the air as though he were flying...while also giving him super strength at times.

There was a period where he could release energy beams...but in terms of the bullet proof part..that's just my assumption given his armor like appearance within the Arrow Universe.

The Atom possesses the power to alter his size down to the subatomic level while retaining his natural strength level. This is accomplished by using the remnants of a white-dwarf star made into a belt.

Yeah I'm familiar with that. I was referring to flying, shooting lasers and being bullet proof.

Well, from what I read...he can control the mass/weight of his body to the point where he could glide in the air as though he were flying...while also giving him super strength at times.

There was a period where he could release energy beams...but in terms of the bullet proof part..that's just my assumption given his armor like appearance within the Arrow Universe.

I see.

Yeah bullet proof does make sense, it was more the others I was wondering about. I was wondering since I've felt Palmer has come off as discount bin Iron Man...and now he's in a high tech suit that flies and shoots lasers to top it off...

Im not sure if Ray will be shrinking since MG posted something about the og Atom didn't shrink. He probably will end up doing it but i found it interesting that he called that out.

Looking at Roy's fight with the DJ Assassin, if that dude is considered to be an "Average" member of the LOA, then Team Arrow really doesn't have much of a chance on taking on even a handful of the League members.

Heck, even with a combined assault from Oliver and Malcolm, I bet that the most that they'll be able to do is just keep Ra's busy for awhile.

But Laurel (at her current level of training) along with Roy and Diggs wouldn't be able to take on most of the League members, especially with Nyssa leading them.

I would imagine that if Ray joins in the fight with his Atom suit that he'll be able to make somewhat of a difference.

I don't think he was average. Remember the guys from early season 2. One got killed by Sara in about 2 seconds and Quentin lasted long enough against another to surprise and & shoot him with his backup gun.

Would anyone else laugh out loud if the show actually paid some kind of homage to Brandon's days as Superman when he ends up taking flight in his red and blue exo-suit?lol

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if his eventual reveal of the suit will happen when he ends up meeting Felicity (aka Lois) on top of a roof.lol

Would anyone else laugh out loud if the show actually paid some kind of homage to Brandon's days as Superman when he ends up taking flight in his red and blue exo-suit?lol

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if his eventual reveal of the suit will happen when he ends up meeting Felicity (aka Lois) on top of a roof.lol

speaking about brandon WatchMojo made a Top 10 Acting One-Hit Wonders. he made the list number 9.

[YT]21bm_xHhPcU#t=124[/YT]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=21bm_xHhPcU#t=124

10979551_343240139203772_570549210_n.jpg

http://instagram.com/p/zBGbG3vH6y/

Last edited:
Okay here my reign theory. I think Thea Queen will eventually take over training Laurel Lance.

My understanding is golden age Atom had those abilities while silver age Atom did not.

He didn't. Golden Age Atom might have gained some low level of super strength at some point but definitely not the rest.

Arrow Funkos are out in May according to their official Twitter feed.

YDaJE0z.jpg

kvsnL73.png

It's official, Patrick Zircher redesigned Green Arrow for his upcoming run! Hopefully getting rid of the goggles and bringing back some facial hair.

Really excited to see his new outfit, I'm anticipating this run more and more each day.

1zlxh0w.png

Despite its Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) focused title, “Arrow” really is about a whole lot more than just, well, its Arrow. Queen’s story of tragedy, redemption and vigilante justice has involved a whole circus of revolving superheroes, which is why fans weren’t entirely shocked when David Ramsey answered ComicBook.com‘s [multiple] “John Diggle as Green Lantern” questions with a solid “anything can happen.”
Well, according to “Arrow” showrunner Marc Guggenheim, anything can happen, but as for Ramsey’s character changing from John Diggle to John Stewart, don’t count on that just yet… mostly because Diggle has become so important to the “Arrow” universe — and the DC Comics universe, which he was written into thanks to Ramsey’s phenomenal work on the show — that changing him into someone else would be a major disservice to everyone involved.
“It’s funny, I’ve spoken to David quite a bit about this issue, I know it keeps coming up,” Guggenheim told MTV News over the phone. “I spoke to [writer] Geoff Johns at DC after that interview went viral. Basically, John Diggle is now a character in the comics… John Diggle is John Diggle. We’re not being coy and saying John Diggle is someone else, i.e. John Stewart. DC has other plans for that character. We love David, and we love the character of John Diggle that he’s created. We have really cool plans for him… they involve a wedding ring, but they don’t involve a power ring.

Marc Guggenheim [MTV.com

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS