Arrow Arrow General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - Part 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that I think about it, I think the Felicity theory is a misdirection. As the creators said, they don't even know who's in the grave, so it could be anyone at this point depending on how the story is written. Having it be Felicity is too obvious, especially cutting it to the grave scene right after we get a zoom into the ring. And another poster above made a good assessment that Barry would not be nonchalant about this visit if it was indeed Felicity. I'm 110% sure it's not Laurel, even though if we take comic canon out of the equation, it's retread territory to kill ANOTHER canary on the same show, so I doubt they're going that route again.

My best guess is Lance, since him going down this path with Hive already puts him in a questionable moral/series-survival rate position. But then again I was kinda hoping to see a potential story line in which he becomes a mayoral candidate if the Jeri Ryan character doesn't pan out in that direction.

Since the flash forward is 6 months from now, we will probably see this scene again as the mid season finale before they go on break and resume the second half of this season's main arc, since that scene has about the same shock value of Ras "killing" Ollie in last season's mid season finale. I sure hope we don't have to wait until episode 18 to find out who it is before going into the climax to end the season.

My hopes is this... I want the writers to convert me into a Oliciter with good writing. Make me love Felicity again with 3/4 a season of good writing. Then yank the rug from under the entire fanbase and kill her off. It would be bold and would make me firmly believe in stakes again.

Laurel isn't in danger.

That leaves Thea and Diggle (the other two sidekicks) and Lance whom nobody is terribly invested in especially after his deal with the devil. Want to make the fanbase care? I mean really care. Kill the hero's girlfriend. Side kicks are expendable. Almost no cared when Jason Todd and Damien Wayne caught a dirt nap. But when Gwen Stacy dies well to put it simply "everyone loses their minds!!"

On another note, I'm kind of hoping that we get a flashback of when Dark and Ra's were still in the league together. It'd make for a nice back story episode for him imho.

On another note, I'm kind of hoping that we get a flashback of when Dark and Ra's were still in the league together. It'd make for a nice back story episode for him imho.

Yes! Ra's Al-Ghul one of DC's top 5 villains was demoted to an elaborate plot device to keep Oliver and Felicity apart in season 3.

A flashback of Ra's and Darhk's apprenticeship and rivalry in the league would probably make up for that.

I wouldn't be surprised if Constantine ends up providing something to Oliver to help him deal with Dark's magic, especially his ability to sick the life out of someone upon contact.

I think we will it would be great way to develop his character but the first non Oliver flashback should be Andy Diggle death scene and Diggle learning his brother death.

No disrespect, but I think those of you who think it's Det. Lance's grave are fooling yourselves. I can see Ollie feeling really bad about Lance's death but I can't see him shedding a tear for the guy.

I would love to see that. I would love to see the scene where Ra's had the chance to kill him but didn't and Darhk escapes with water from the pit and his loyal followers.

the grave is probably Laurels.

Last edited:
No disrespect, but I think those of you who think it's Det. Lance's grave are fooling yourselves. I can see Ollie feeling really bad about Lance's death but I can't see him shedding a tear for the guy.

Especially if he finds out that Lance willingly joined the organization that was responsible for his best friend's brother's death.

The same guy who let the guy responsible for hundreds of deaths, his best friends death, and ex lovers death just walk away scot free? Quentin probably joined DD due to false promises and not knowing that he would burn the city to ash and try to rebuild. He will probably spend the season trying to fix his wrong.

The same guy who let the guy responsible for hundreds of deaths, his best friends death, and ex lovers death just walk away scot free?

Oliver has always been a hypocrite.

In any case, I wasn't suggesting that Oliver would hold it against him. I just don't think he'd shed a tear for the man after finding out what he's been up to.

Quentin probably joined DD due to false promises and not knowing that he would burn the city to ash and try to rebuild. He will probably spend the season trying to fix his wrong.

Sure, but that doesn't change the fact that he, for a period of time, cooperated with a known mass murderer. It's obvious that Lance is going to continue working with/for DD as the season progresses, and he'll likely be forced to do some shady ****.

Especially if he finds out that Lance willingly joined the organization that was responsible for his best friend's brother's death.

Like 4 characters know that, one of which is dead, and none of those guys is Oliver or Lance. Why would Oliver be angry at Lance for that?

Possibly depending on how it's done, although I do think Roy is perhaps the best bet.

Hmmm well they have to finish up with his back story And give far more be or they send him off cause if they just bring him back to kill him before doing any of that it'll be seen as nothing as weak from the fan base ( not the half that only cares about olicity or the half don't want to care but the ones that do thatt will that'll hang on the writers for ever.) and the writers are already on slipper slope with roy cause they didn't really want to do much with him to begin with.

So I hope they do alot more with him befor they do that otherwise it was kinda pointless to have introduce the character on the show in the first place and they shouldn't have ever bothered if that was the mindset they were gonna take with the character from the Jump.

man I really wish he was on the titans in any case they better do something about his back ground story and give him alot to do before they off him other wise I still think it's likely to be captain Lance due to the path he's on. Lets hope captain lance has some time with sara when she arrives and is on better terms with Laural and when he make his attempt at redemption and he settles thing with Oliver too.

Like 4 characters know that, one of which is dead, and none of those guys is Oliver or Lance. Why would Oliver be angry at Lance for that?

Never said he would be. What I said is he wouldn't be too likely to cry for him after finding out who he's been working for/with.

The guy who joined the League and worked together with Malcolm, and then put Malcolm in charge of the League, should probably just stay quiet.

In the grave is Tommy, who Dark brought back from the dead, only to get killed off again.

The guy who joined the League and worked together with Malcolm, and then put Malcolm in charge of the League, should probably just stay quiet.

Like I said before: Oliver has always been a hypocrite.

Hey at least Thea called oliver out on it. Now if the same words come out of her that nathan just said here and she's there when he's confronting Lance...

Well she'd have to know about the terrible deal he made with her dad fathernal Doner to take over the league . but I'd love see her say that as laugh so hard I just did now . if she said that on the show.

Last edited:
Now what if the "him" that Ollie said he was going to kill wasn't Dark but in fact Det Lance, whom Ollie found out had betrayed them, inadvertently resulting in someone else's death (eg Laurel or Thea).

hmmmm nahhhhhh it might be thea in there. b\But that might be due to the issue of the pit's incurable consequences like becoming evil due her not understanding right from wrong any more and having Enhanced strength and agility etc, from it. and I'd think darkh would still be involved some how.

I don't think she'd be killed off just yet and Laural nahhhhh. we'll see it's a possibility. but I don't see Lance doing that and still being alive for oliver to want to hunt him down. he'd be too easy to find most likely want to off him self for harm another one of his own kids

Last edited:
Anybody but Diggle. Thats all I got to say. That could possibly kill my enjoyment of the show if they do and I know a LOT of fans will be pissed. But, I guess maybe thats what the writers want-- a visceral fan reaction.

Last edited:
Maybe it's Thea in the grave, and it's not to do with Damien Darke but the Lazarus Pit which has had some ill effects on her and caused her death. And maybe Ollie is referring to Malcolm Merlyn whom he'll kill for getting her into this lifestyle in the first place and training her to be an assassin and killing Sara. If not for Malcolm, Sara wouldn't be dead and Thea wouldn't have been killed by Ra's before being subjected to the pit, and most of Season 3 wouldn't have happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"