Arrow Arrow General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 27

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love it. The chin of the mask seems a bit too narrow, so it's not perfect, but the actual body armor, I really like.

His mask looks like something I'd find in my kitchen.

Episode 2: Tribute - Clip

Oliver name-drops a certain DC character.

This has been on the cards ever since Superman turned up on Supergirl.

This explicit use of the name means things have radically changed in terms of what D.C is allowing in the Arrowverse.

Let’s just hope he isn’t going to show up any time soon to make Oliver look like a chump.

Also....

:woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:

Last edited:
You can forget about the idea of Kevin Smith directing an Arrow episode because Marc Guggenheim won't allow it. However, MG feels that Legends of Tomorrow is a better fit for him.

You can forget about the idea of Kevin Smith directing an Arrow episode because Marc Guggenheim won't allow it. However, MG feels that Legends of Tomorrow is a better fit for him.

Why won't he allow it?

Kevin and MGs wife have beef from what i've heard.

Yeah they don't get along because of a show called Reaper. Don't remember all the details. but more or less they both feel the other one took too much credit for it.

Also Kevin Smith's comedic style wouldn't fit in Arrow's dark tone. Let's not forget that MG also runs Legends as well.

Donna Smoak is back.

I had a terrible feeling she would be after she was mentioned in the premiere. I hope she's not recurring like in S4, though. Please, no. One appearance, I can handle...after that, it's too much. Way too much.

I think it is just a one off. They wanted her to continue to be recurring during S5 but the actress wanted a series regular contract which is why she was MIA all of last season.

I just really hope we get some new Black Siren news. Im hoping she outs herself to the public at the end of 6x09 and it kicks her story into high gear.

I'm mostly just content that Siren's getting screen time at all, but yes, I'd prefer they give her some semblance of an actual story. Making her public would be a great way to do that (because, let's be honest, nobody's going to believe she's not the real Laurel Lance, just like how Quentin has trouble buying it). The fallout from that is going to be very interesting, if it happens.

Also think it's interesting in 6x01 how Siren specifically wanted her goons to blow up Laurel's Black Canary outfit. It may just be your standard "hate your doppelganger" trope, but...still, interesting.

I feel like it is just the standard "hate your doppleganger" trope since they've been having her dog Laurel in every.single.appearance since she originated on The Flash lol. Same with her and DDs beef. There are A LOT of interesting stories to tell with Black Siren but just as with Laurel, I think they'll drop the ball.

It's starting to seem like they just brought her back to quell some of the hate and really have no plans for her at all. You're right, PS. Sooo many stories they could go with. Didn't they learn anything from the drop in the ratings?

Donna Smoak is back.

giphy.gif

It's a Smoak family reunion with Papa Smoak returning for the 2nd big Olicity day.

You know, I gotta say that I really like on how Felicity has been written this season thus far. I know we're just only 3 episodes in, but she has definitely been written in a way that takes me back to her Season 1 & 2 days (which are undoubtedly considered by many to be the best seasons when it comes to her portrayal).

I didn't think it was possible after the disasters of Season 3 & 4, but they've really turned this around where seeing Oliver and Felicity together might not feel as dreadful as it once did where it doesn't consume the show and where Felicity doesn't become the most despicable character on it.

As long as they maintain that balance and don't allow Felicity's character to go over any boundaries then things should be great again.

I'm cool with felicity for the most part.

I was just thinking about relationships on this show and we only have 1 full time couple. The writers don't allow anyone else to be in a big relationship full time.

I'm definitely okay with Felicity this season (and S5, except the Helix stuff was slightly irksome). I'm definitely not an Olicity 'shipper, but I do think they work well together when she's not obsessively fawning over him (or vice versa), so since that's their endgame, I can live with it as long as we don't go back to S4 levels of angst between them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"