BvS Ben Affleck IS Batman - - Part 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I came here expecting some new posts of Ben, maybe on set and all I see is two pages of "bickering" about Nolan's trilogy. Did I misread the thread title?

We need set photos ASAP so this nonsense stops. Who are we kidding, this will continue once some official photos are released, comparing past films and new ones. Someone had made a post regarding how fanboys always act the same way every time a series is rebooted. That behaviour is clearly present on this forum section.

So I came here expecting some new posts of Ben, maybe on set and all I see is two pages of "bickering" about Nolan's trilogy. Did I misread the thread title?

Yeah, this is what happens when theres not that much news. The Snyder discussion could go in the Snyder thread. etc.

Looking at the pic just makes me sad they didn't get an actor who knows how to portray, pain and anger. two things i believe are affleck's biggest flaws

Affleck can exhibit these emotions just fine. The way he does so may not be to your satisfaction/liking, but that doesn't mean he's lacking in capacity.

Watch State of Play, The Town, Hollywoodland, The Company Men...Affleck shows great range in these roles!

Here's a treat for you guys. While perusing the interwebs I came across this great drawing of Batfleck; it's obviously based on the image Snyder released just last week. The artist appears to be a guy on Twitter who goes by the name of Regiment53. Enjoy!

BnpD5q-IcAApc1P.jpg

When it comes to acting, I think Affleck is much better behind the camera than in front of one.

Unless he's playing a photographer.

Would he nail it? That's hard to say because every project is different. Sometimes a talented director goes into a production with the best intentions and despite their talent the project bombs. Other times, they skim through - just. Like most questions I find there is no one answer. Just a variety of answers.

So, if he was playing a director, he'd nail it?

Not necessarily.

Affleck will be good in this role but I think his influence behind the scenes and bringing on Chris for writing will iron out some of the wrinkles in MOS screenplay ad script.

Snyder's the man for the job IMO.

I'll say one great thing about Affleck. He has the potential to be WB's breakout star and poster boy for their universe.

Fox has Hugh Jackman.

Sony has Andrew Garfield.

Marvel Studios has RDJ.

I'm placing bets that Affleck will be WB's guy. He already sort of is. And Batman is WB's biggest seller.

I'll say one great thing about Affleck. He has the potential to be WB's breakout star and poster boy for their universe.

Fox has Hugh Jackman.

Sony has Andrew Garfield.

Marvel Studios has RDJ.

I'm placing bets that Affleck will be WB's guy. He already sort of is. And Batman is WB's biggest seller.

Not sure I'd be too happy with that if I were AG. :csad:

I don't hate that approach and I do think it worked for those movies, but I would like to see a batman on the edge. Each criminal he encounters gives him flashbacks of the one who killed his folks and he just has to take that anger out on them.
I think this happened already in TDKT. It's why Batman has that voice and raging approach when he encounters criminals. Whether people liked that anger or voice is a different discussion, but it's why it was there.

I hope Ben doesn't try to do a voice like that. I liked Bale's Batman voice, but when I read the comics, I never interpret Batman talking like that. I guess I always just "hear" him speaking in some slightly altered way, but not a Clint Eastwood-style growl like that.

Does Affleck have the potential to be WB's breakout star and poster boy for their universe? Yeah, I guess. But potential isnt enough. And more importantly is Affleck interested?

I wonder that too. A part of me feels like Ben won't want to keep doing this past 3 movies. And in those 3 movies, he won't necessarily be the "lead". After all he's in his early 40s, yet the guy has grey hair coming in and doesn't exactly move around like he's full of youth lol. Getting big for THIS version of Batman is very important and takes a lot of effort. This is sort-of like the training Evans, Hemsworth and Cavill do for their roles but they're much younger. Im not sure if Affleck wants to do that over and over again.

The problem is that many superhero movies dont really offer much growth. The storylines are very limited and often overshadowed by CGI so its not really challenging for an actor in most cases.

Starting this Batman out in a film with Superman and Wonder Woman could be a good thing. Batman's more supernatural villains look tame by comparison and that will open up possibilities should we get solo films with this Batman.

Why the hell is there a debate about Garfield, or Evan's and Scarjo relationship in TWS in the Ben Affleck is Batman thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"