1.  2022 SuperHeroHype Awards

The 2022 Hype Award Season, hosted by Lily Adler and ComicChick is officially live!

Voting is now over! Stay tuned for the awards ceremony!

The SuperHeroHype Awards

BvS Ben Affleck IS Batman - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 39

Discussion in 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' started by Thread Manager, Apr 12, 2016.

1. batfreakforever Registered

Hope not. Less colour the better on the suit.

2. the last son Registered

Anyone else have a problem with Batman having visions? It's a little ridiculous.

3. regwec Make Mine Marble

No. Why is it ridiculous?

4. Rodrigo90 Wink wink ;)

If they were visions of Bat-Mite, then I would probably take up issues with them :o

5. Saint Registered

I think it's open for debate that Bruce has "visions." If he does, he really only had one (everything else was a nightmare, which I guess isn't surprising since he's a dangerous maniac).

He has what appears to be an actual visitation by the future Flash. The "vision" of the future is probably to be explained away as some kind of side-effect of that visitation. Sort of how in Terminator Genysis (which was awful) they came up with a (completely stupid and contrived) sci-fi reason for Reese to have memories of alternative timelines he never experienced.

I guess we'll see. In my experience, when a story is expected to explain contrivances away in a future installment, the result is usually decided by coin toss.

6. MydnightPhoenix Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Um... I don't think Bruce has visions, his knightmare was caused by Flash coming back in time.

7. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Which the movie does a very bad job of communicating. Doubly so because they use the same framing for the Flash visit as the Knightmare, which is "dream sequence" coding. Except that apparently one is a dream sequence, and the other isn't. Its one giant big lipped alligator scene(s).

8. The Guard Registered

Heaven forbid the event be seen as a mystery for future films, even for Bruce.

9. MydnightPhoenix Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

U know a CBM has to hold the hand of their audience and explain all and tell them everything up-front.

10. Luke234 Registered

I just saw that Affleck is nominated for a razzie too? I really hope nobody goes to the event the way some actors and actresses do, in good fun. Because the razzies usually poke fun but aren't really malicious.
    This is all hoping to crap on a movie as much as possible. It's malicious.

11. HammerDown High Tide Or Low Tide

I liked him as Batman.
    He was with a doubt one of the few redeeming qualities about this movie. His fight scenes we're really incredible. That warehouse scene is epic.

12. The_Manhunter Zack Snyder & MCU Fan

When people criticize Batfleck over manslaughter but not Baleman it's so hypocritical isn't it?

13. Saint Registered

People criticized Bale's Batman for that reason all the time. Literally for the entire span of that franchise.

14. TheFlamingCoco Registered

^ This. Plus there's a difference between the occasional incidental killing, and shooting down a bunch of people with guns.

15. titansupes Registered

^ Correct and correct.

16. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Also, even those times when he did kill someone, there wasn't the same sense of cruelty and sadism to it. Certainly nothing comparable with "branding criminals so they get killed in prison".

17. 2kt09 Snyder Rent-Free

Really interesting transition. Several "bad" days to turn "good men, cruel".
    That's why it was the right approach to go for a grizzled, experienced Batman.

18. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

His character wasn't written well but BatFleck was awesome. I think in a solo people will realise just how good BatFleck can be. I think he'll be the best Batman we've had when he's given the material to show it off. And the warehouse scene is my favourite Bat fight scene on film ever.

19. The_Manhunter Zack Snyder & MCU Fan

I think his solo will get a similar reception to Wonder Woman's solo. Maybe a little lower since WW was so socially ground-breaking, but ya I feel like people will fully appreciate the great performance Ben gives us as Batman after future films.
    I joined the fandom relatively late in the game - so I hope you'll believe me when I say that I'm pretty ignorant of those days lol.
    Bale did the same thing in Rises with the Bat.
    It was never specified if Batman was intentionally giving them death sentences. But yes, I'll grant you he was more brutal. I was OK with that, it fit the story being told.

#794 The_Manhunter, Jun 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  20. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

I think it will be a dark film but will get a very positive reception. Hopefully JL and Aquaman can build on the momentum of WW so that the DCEU can officially turn the corner and start building some serious excitement.

21. The_Manhunter Zack Snyder & MCU Fan

Ya I would be disappointed if a Batman film wasn't dark. I don't know about JL, I know I will love it, but who knows what everyone else will think.

Aquaman though I think will be a sure-fire hit on all fronts. It reminds me of the Wonder Woman production but with even less negativity.

22. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Less negativity probably because the base character of WW is much more popular and respected than Aquaman and also that Momoa is a beast of a man and Gal when cast had a thin model look rather than an Amazonian figure. Neither had many top acting credits but Momoa just had a bit more experience and had led films. We'll still have to see how he performs here but there's no way that the character isn't at least a badass Aquaman.

23. TheFlamingCoco Registered

I want a dark but, hopeful movie.

I actually think Begins was a little "light" in its second half.

MOTP has the perfect tone. I want a live action Batman with that more slow-burn, romantic, character-driven quality.

24. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

Ben Affleck was in the Buffy The Vampire Slayer movie Whedon wrote in the early nineties.

25. HammerDown High Tide Or Low Tide

Yeh Affleck is really good as Batman. He deserves and should have a chance at going at it in a solo movie. I think what we saw from him in BvS could be a sort of appetizer for the main course in a movie that centered on him... on The Batman.

In terms of fighting ability this particular Batman would just destroy all the other ones. Brutal fighting, visceral and intense.