BvS Ben Affleck IS Batman!! - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
A mix of the Tumbler and traditional Batmobile would be great. Just came across this.

i1yvvTO.jpg

Yeah, we'll hopefully get a more "fun" and fantastical Batman, though not as unrealistic as Ironman and his tech.

Well, that fact that he's paired with an alien being who can fly, he's already entered into the realm of the fantastic, a huge departure from Nolan's world.

He acted like he was denied his birthright or something. He snarkily said while accepting his Best Director award at the BFCA that same "Thanks to the academy." And then at the Golden Globes said something like, "I am happy to win, I don't care which award it is".

He always kept referring to his Oscar snub. As if the nomination belonged to him and he was wronged for not getting it.

I thought it was all a bit pathetic. I would have been more sympathetic had the film been any good.

I dunno, I watched all those acceptance speeches at the time, and you must have been watching them very differently from me, or indeed most people who commented on them. Ben came across as very humble and grateful, and any jokes he made about the Oscar situation through awards season were always in the vein of highly self-deprecating humour.

It won't be "fun". It will still be a solemn and "important" affair. Because that is just how Goyer writes. Just like the Nolan Batman films feel embalmed as a result.

He acted like he was denied his birthright or something. He snarkily said while accepting his Best Director award at the BFCA that same "Thanks to the academy." Why draw attention to it if he doesn't mind?

And then at the Golden Globes said something like, "I am happy to win, I don't care which award it is". He always kept referring to his Oscar snub at all the parties. As if the nomination belonged to him and he was wronged for not getting it.

I thought it was all a bit pathetic. I would have been more sympathetic had the film been any good.

Careful, your imagination is running away from you. Your extreme bias is obvious.

As is yours. Even more so in fact.

Are we stating opinions here? Whoever would have thought. I thought we are on wikipedia. :whatever:

But yeah, a really fun interview. You can sense Affleck's enthusiasm, and I like how he addressed the hate head-on rather than ignoring its existence.

This is going to be an interesting new dynamic for our Batman actor. I like Christian Bale, and have a lot of respect for him. I don't believe he has a big ego, like some assume, I think he has a lot of integrity and has shown a lot of decency as a human being. But he has a shy, standoffish way about him which means he's often not a good interview. Affleck, on the other hand, is a GREAT interview, always has been. Charming, funny, effusive... I think he's going to win plenty of folks over on the publicity trail.

It won't be "fun". It will still be a solemn and "important" affair. Because that is just how Goyer writes. Just like the Nolan Batman films feel embalmed as a result.

That's why I hope Zack and Ben say "Whoah, dude. The tone is off."

Not that Ben's flicks AREN'T mostly serious, or that Zack has enough of a sensibility to understand the flaws in writing.

MOS2 should have fun elements. If it's not a true sequel, I think a team up movie should be a fun movie in general. If it's a vs movie, THAT should be more serious. If it's both, then it should be serious building up to the fight, and more lighthearted once they become friends.

Or something :oldrazz:

Good to hear Ben is excited with the material Snyder has. The cynic in me thinks he may have taken the job because of the huge paycheck but Ben must be rich many times over so it's got to be more than money that enticed him back into tights seeing as tights (and J-LO) almost ruined his career.

^ Yeah. I do think he cares about the Batman character, and I think that's a sign that the script is probably at least good on the Bat side of things :)

I like this design for the Batmobile.

Batmobile_ram_leif_garvin.jpg

Kind of a Burton meets Timm version.

Good to hear Ben is excited with the material Snyder has. The cynic in me thinks he may have taken the job because of the huge paycheck but Ben must be rich many times over so it's got to be more than money that enticed him back into tights seeing as tights (and J-LO) almost ruined his career.

I'm sure the big paycheck helped too, but if anything, I hope it's a Batman directing gig they've lured him in with.

As for tights ruining his career, I wouldn't say so. Revisionist history has cast Daredevil as a career-killing flop, but at the time it was more a mild, lukewarm success. There was even talk of a sequel for a bit. It was Gigli that really brutalised the guy.

I'd much rather see him direct Justice League. Batman would probably get sequels. But JL has to be good (preferably great) in order to spin solo films from.

I saw Ben on Fallon. A relaxed, fun guy. I'm excited to see him in the role.

Careful, your imagination is running away from you. Your extreme bias is obvious.
he is pretty delusional he hates ben as batman and wanted scott adkins

he also said tom hardy is a terrible actor and deserved a razzie for warrior and now argo isn't a good film

:doh:

As is yours. Even more so in fact.

Are we stating opinions here? Whoever would have thought. I thought we are on wikipedia. :whatever:

Maybe so, but you are reading things into the interview that simply are just not there. You obviously have a problem with Affleck from all of your posts I've read, and you will look at anything he says or does in a negative light whether it deserves it or not. If I have a bias, it's a bias towards giving the man a chance. It's called "fairness", you should try it sometime.

A mix of the Tumbler and traditional Batmobile would be great. Just came across this.

i1yvvTO.jpg

I freakin love that design. My only reservation is that I'd want something that looks more maneuverable, whilst I wasn't a huge fan of the tumblr I loved how it was able to drive through concrete walls, jump off roof tops and drive through very rough terrain. Some iterations of the batmobile look like they'd struggle getting over a speed bump.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=n80hyokbPMQ[/YT]

I can just imagine Batman and Robin having to do this every time they hit a speed bump. :p

Edit: Youtube link doesn't seem to be working. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n80hyokbPMQ

I don't care how anyone sees it...casting Affleck was a mistake. The guy can't act, he just grins & smirk all the time. I am so disappointed.

About the Fallon interview, I wish they'd made a big deal (or even just mentioned) that the movie is 'Batman vs Superman'. I just wanted to hear the audience reaction it.

Hey, I'm all for Ben Affleck as Batman, but let's not be too hard on those who aren't digging the casting. At this stage, none of us know how it's going to go, we're all just speculating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"