BvS Ben Affleck IS Batman!! - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hatred toward Tarantino because of his comment is unreal and embarrassing.

Not everyone has to like Batman. People need to accept that it's called an 'opinion' and move on.
Tarantino's movies are among my top favourites. I don't always agree with the guy, but yep, as you say, it's just his opinion. It doesn't cut me to the core or make me turn my back. For me, he delivers the goods on the screen.

My main question is why does the press ask everyone in Hollywood and their mother their opinion on Batman film related stuff, for headlines I suppose.

Because people still like superhero movies, people liked Nolan's Batman movies, and there isn't actually anything to say about Ben Affleck as Batman yet?

He is a great filmmaker, but still highly overrated. He just straight rips off grindhouse and exploitation cinema and people call that creative or even his own style.

Also, no matter how good you are at something... that doesn't give you the right to act as one of the biggest *****ebags in the industry. Quentin is so full of himself, its disgusting. Not only on this Batman thing, but on almot everything he talks about. Name one other director on his level who has the audacity to name his top 10 favorite movies of the year, every year. Noone does that, but Quentin, because he sees himself above everyone else.
Maybe because he honestly just wants to talk about movies, and is a fan as much as a filmmaker? :huh:

I actually know someone who worked with Tarantino and Tarantino's apparently one of the nicest, most down-to-earth people in the biz. I'm not even a fan of his movies really, but seriously guys. He's suddenly the scum of the earth because he's not a Batman fan?

Not everyone has to like Batman. People need to accept that it's called an 'opinion' and move on.
This. :up:

Some people just don't like Batman, or find him compelling, for whatever reason. Not the end of the world.

Yes he can have an opinion just everybody else so what? He doesn't have to like Batman. I don't like Harry Potter or other superheroes much as Batman. I agree with him on Alec Baldwin as Batman though, he would been great just look at The Shadow.

You don't like Harry Potter?!!!!

AVADKA KEDAVRA!!!!!!!

I checked out IGN and the comments mostly consist of "I am never watching any of his crap movies again!" Ah, nerds.

But seriously, I'm not a big fan of that series.

Last edited:
Yes he can have an opinion just everybody else so what? He doesn't have to like Batman. I don't like Harry Potter or other superheroes much as Batman. I agree with him on Alec Baldwin as Batman though, he would been great just look at The Shadow.

I love Baldwin as The Shadow and am one of the few that actually likes that movie even as a kid I thought Baldwin would make a great Batman, wasn't he rumored for both 89 and BF if I remember correctly?

Yeah, im not a Harry Potter fan either. Tarantino is still my favorite director and yes he's one of the coolest guys on the planet. If I can hang with 1 celeb it would be him. But I still disagree with what he's saying.

I love Baldwin as The Shadow and am one of the few that actually likes that movie even as a kid I thought Baldwin would make a great Batman, wasn't he rumored for both 89 and BF if I remember correctly?

He showed In Shadow he would be good batman.He was considered for batman 1989 before Producers suggested to Tim Burton Michael Keaton as
Batman. His brother william was consrided to replace Keaton In Batman Forever before Val Kilmer was cast.

The last four Harry Potter movies from Yates were SO awesome. I love all the movies, but i can understand people not liking some of the earlier ones. Except for Prisoner of Azkaban. That one's amazing.

He was a WB favourite for the role in the Burton movie but Tim, who had a bad experience directing him on BEETLEJUICE, refused to work with him again.

When BF came round it was his brother, William, who was one of the final contenders for the part.

1980's baldwin would of been an awesome bruce
Baldwin.jpg

Yes, I can see it. Also, in regards to Tarantino, there is a fine line between homage and ripoff. His films are homages. If he doesn't like Batman, fine that's his opinion. People acting like he's the Antichrist are only embarrassing themselves.

The funny part is that the reactions to this is a reason why Tarantino doesn't want to touch any superhero stuff. I can understand him. With very dedicated fans you get both the best and the worst kind.

Tarantino has said he'd never do a superhero comic because the fans obsess over casting or the color red in Superman's cape.

That's true, look at the reaction to Tarantino's remarks. Too many fans with too much time on their hands. And I am so sick of the constant excuse for every comic book character, "it's never been done right on the big screen". With decades of films behind some of these characters if they haven't been done right yet then it will never be.

That's true, look at the reaction to Tarantino's remarks. Too many fans with too much time on their hands. And I am so sick of the constant excuse for every comic book character, "it's never been done right on the big screen". With decades of films behind some of these characters if they haven't been done right yet then it will never be.

I think Batman hasn't been done right, Burton's and Nolan's came close

I don't understand this whole "right" thing. Batman is fictional. Right, wrong, how are we supposed to know? The character in comics (which are supposed to be canon) has changed drastically through the decades too.

I mean, I'm not a fan of the Adam West and George Clooney Batman because it's far too lighthearted for the character's fictional biography, but I'm not going to call it wrong, or less right. It's another interpretation.

I find things to enjoy about Miller's hardass Goddamn Batman, just as I find equally enjoyable things about Nolan's softie Batman, and even Burton's Gothic mysterious Batman (though his movies scared the s*** out of me as a kid). I'm just a fan of Batman, do we really have to categorize the different interpretations into buckets of right and wrongness?

Seriously done right is an empty statement, it usually just means the person using it just hasn't gotten every last thing they wanted. I once heard someone use the excuse for why Lex Luthor continuously needs to be used as the villain as opposed to letting a new villain have a chance in a Supes movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APzBMgj8WiA

This is what I would consider right. The Arkham games do it "right", and so did the animated series.

In the nolan films, Batman was too grounded for me, I'd like a Batman that is capable of doing extraordinary things like he is in the Arkham games and TAS. I want a universe where characters like Mr. Freeze and Poison Ivy are able to exist, the new universe needs to be more of a fantasy like it is in the comics. Then Batman will be done right.

Then say that is your favorite version. That's a fair thing to say. "Right" is a useless term for a fictional character.

Then say that is your favorite version. That's a fair thing to say. "Right" is a useless term for a fictional character.
I don't agree with this, at all. I get it, you like a lot of different interpretations, and that's fine, but that doesn't mean they're all a "correct/good/right" version of Batman, just because he's a fictional character. There's tons of great Elseworld Tales that are fun to read, and I like them, but for the most part, it's not a "right/correct" interpretation of Batman. Look at something drastic like Red Rain, where Batman is a friggin vampire. It's a fun comic, and I like it, but it's far from bring "right". And it's clear that's what Rorschach is implying.

Round and round we go. I think frankly for Affleck a hybrid of Burton and Nolan's Bat would suffice. Split the difference, which is what they kinda did for the Arkham games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"