Ben Affleck IS Batman!! - Part 8

Discussion in 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' started by Thread Manager, Sep 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnneFan

AnneFan Hathaway #1

Tarantino's movies are among my top favourites. I don't always agree with the guy, but yep, as you say, it's just his opinion. It doesn't cut me to the core or make me turn my back. For me, he delivers the goods on the screen.

2. DaRkVeNgeanCe

DaRkVeNgeanCe An Epic Film Guy

My main question is why does the press ask everyone in Hollywood and their mother their opinion on Batman film related stuff, for headlines I suppose.

3. Homer J. Fong

Homer J. Fong Not a golem

Because people still like superhero movies, people liked Nolan's Batman movies, and there isn't actually anything to say about Ben Affleck as Batman yet?

4. Cassandra Cain

Cassandra Cain YAS KWEEN!

Excellent! But damn, those are freakin horns for bat ears! :woot:

5. HUMANIMAL

HUMANIMAL ...

devil man

6. Anita18

Anita18 DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Maybe because he honestly just wants to talk about movies, and is a fan as much as a filmmaker? :huh:

I actually know someone who worked with Tarantino and Tarantino's apparently one of the nicest, most down-to-earth people in the biz. I'm not even a fan of his movies really, but seriously guys. He's suddenly the scum of the earth because he's not a Batman fan?

This. :up:

Some people just don't like Batman, or find him compelling, for whatever reason. Not the end of the world.

7. Two-Face

Two-Face Harvey Dent

Yes he can have an opinion just everybody else so what? He doesn't have to like Batman. I don't like Harry Potter or other superheroes much as Batman. I agree with him on Alec Baldwin as Batman though, he would been great just look at The Shadow.

8. terry78

terry78 I'm gonna need more rope

You don't like Harry Potter?!!!!

AVADKA KEDAVRA!!!!!!!

I checked out IGN and the comments mostly consist of "I am never watching any of his crap movies again!" Ah, nerds.

But seriously, I'm not a big fan of that series.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
  9. DaRkVeNgeanCe

DaRkVeNgeanCe An Epic Film Guy

I love Baldwin as The Shadow and am one of the few that actually likes that movie even as a kid I thought Baldwin would make a great Batman, wasn't he rumored for both 89 and BF if I remember correctly?

10. shauner111

shauner111 Well-Known Member

Yeah, im not a Harry Potter fan either. Tarantino is still my favorite director and yes he's one of the coolest guys on the planet. If I can hang with 1 celeb it would be him. But I still disagree with what he's saying.

11. marvelrobbins

marvelrobbins Well-Known Member

He showed In Shadow he would be good batman.He was considered for batman 1989 before Producers suggested to Tim Burton Michael Keaton as
    Batman. His brother william was consrided to replace Keaton In Batman Forever before Val Kilmer was cast.

12. Man.of.Tomorrow

Man.of.Tomorrow Well-Known Member

The Harry Potter books are awesome - but the Harry Potter movies are the biggest crock of s*** on film!

13. Rorschach2012

Rorschach2012 I'll Cancel the Pizzas

The last four Harry Potter movies from Yates were SO awesome. I love all the movies, but i can understand people not liking some of the earlier ones. Except for Prisoner of Azkaban. That one's amazing.

14. baerrtt

baerrtt Well-Known Member

He was a WB favourite for the role in the Burton movie but Tim, who had a bad experience directing him on BEETLEJUICE, refused to work with him again.

When BF came round it was his brother, William, who was one of the final contenders for the part.

15. Project862006

Project862006 Well-Known Member

1980's baldwin would of been an awesome bruce
    [​IMG]

16. Loki882

Loki882 Well-Known Member

Yes, I can see it. Also, in regards to Tarantino, there is a fine line between homage and ripoff. His films are homages. If he doesn't like Batman, fine that's his opinion. People acting like he's the Antichrist are only embarrassing themselves.

17. Mjölnir

Mjölnir Guest

The funny part is that the reactions to this is a reason why Tarantino doesn't want to touch any superhero stuff. I can understand him. With very dedicated fans you get both the best and the worst kind.

18. MydnightPhoenix

MydnightPhoenix Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

That's true, look at the reaction to Tarantino's remarks. Too many fans with too much time on their hands. And I am so sick of the constant excuse for every comic book character, "it's never been done right on the big screen". With decades of films behind some of these characters if they haven't been done right yet then it will never be.

19. Rorschach2012

I think Batman hasn't been done right, Burton's and Nolan's came close

20. Anita18

I don't understand this whole "right" thing. Batman is fictional. Right, wrong, how are we supposed to know? The character in comics (which are supposed to be canon) has changed drastically through the decades too.

I mean, I'm not a fan of the Adam West and George Clooney Batman because it's far too lighthearted for the character's fictional biography, but I'm not going to call it wrong, or less right. It's another interpretation.

I find things to enjoy about Miller's hardass Goddamn Batman, just as I find equally enjoyable things about Nolan's softie Batman, and even Burton's Gothic mysterious Batman (though his movies scared the s*** out of me as a kid). I'm just a fan of Batman, do we really have to categorize the different interpretations into buckets of right and wrongness?

21. MydnightPhoenix

MydnightPhoenix Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Seriously done right is an empty statement, it usually just means the person using it just hasn't gotten every last thing they wanted. I once heard someone use the excuse for why Lex Luthor continuously needs to be used as the villain as opposed to letting a new villain have a chance in a Supes movie.

22. Rorschach2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APzBMgj8WiA

This is what I would consider right. The Arkham games do it "right", and so did the animated series.

In the nolan films, Batman was too grounded for me, I'd like a Batman that is capable of doing extraordinary things like he is in the Arkham games and TAS. I want a universe where characters like Mr. Freeze and Poison Ivy are able to exist, the new universe needs to be more of a fantasy like it is in the comics. Then Batman will be done right.

23. Anita18

Then say that is your favorite version. That's a fair thing to say. "Right" is a useless term for a fictional character.

24. Travesty

Travesty Well-Known Member

I don't agree with this, at all. I get it, you like a lot of different interpretations, and that's fine, but that doesn't mean they're all a "correct/good/right" version of Batman, just because he's a fictional character. There's tons of great Elseworld Tales that are fun to read, and I like them, but for the most part, it's not a "right/correct" interpretation of Batman. Look at something drastic like Red Rain, where Batman is a friggin vampire. It's a fun comic, and I like it, but it's far from bring "right". And it's clear that's what Rorschach is implying.

25. terry78

terry78 I'm gonna need more rope

Round and round we go. I think frankly for Affleck a hybrid of Burton and Nolan's Bat would suffice. Split the difference, which is what they kinda did for the Arkham games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.