Black Panther Sequel ideas...

Marvel ain't waiting 4 years for this film.

It will be released May 2021.

If the universe is really undergoing a huge shift via Infinity War and/or Avengers 4 as Feige and co have teased, and if they wait for Coogler, as they should, and Ryan is currently lining up other projects (At least one, Wrong Answer w MBJ is pretty firm; He's also teased a Mansa Musa biopic), I don't find a four-year gap an impossibility.

Black Panther, as a character, will be appearing in other MCU films between now and then. While not the same as a solo feature, it softens the blow.

I'm all for more BP sooner though.

Last edited:
Solid point. Supposedly Wrong Answer is due to film after Creed 2 (maybe also before MBJ directs his own film or after). So by year's end it should be done or beginning to film. I'd expect him to start pre-production soon after.

The Mansa Musa film seems to just be a rumor, and probably would need more time.

I want more Africans in the film. Even if it's supporting roles.

And I'd love if we got a scene actually filmed in Africa. Ghana or Kenya or South Africa, make it happen.

Unless you want the film to cost a total of $300 mill, I don't think that will happen.

Even Nate Moore said filming in South Africa would have increased the budget tremendously

Unless you want the film to cost a total of $300 mill, I don't think that will happen.

Even Nate Moore said filming in South Africa would have increased the budget tremendously

A scene, not the entire film.

I think Marvel would rather spend the extra money on something else, but filming part of the film, or even most of it, somewhere in Africa is a fairly modest and achievable goal.

I think Marvel would rather spend the extra money on something else, but filming part of the film, or even most of it, somewhere in Africa is a fairly modest and achievable goal.

Also tourism to said African country will be booming because of it

South Africa is supposed to a desirable location for Hollywood because of the tax breaks. They filmed Chronicle there among other Hollywood films. Not sure if things have changed, but if not it would be nice to get a few scenes in the mother land.

Good choices. I'll add Barkhad Abdi and Nonso Anozie to that list.
I would love to see Barkhad Abdi, Nonso Anozie and David Oyelowo in the MCU.
The problem with bringing the White Wolf to the screen is that they essentially merged his and Killmonger's characters together.

Killmonger even wears a "white" Black Panther outfit at the end that's very close to Hunter's.

Having another character in a variation of T'Challa's outfit seems kinda redundant.

Marvel has done the long lost crazy relative villains thing a few times in their recent movies so it would also feel redundant if they did that gain with White Wolf.

Ego, Hela and Killmonger were enough.

I'm not familiar enough with BP's comic lore but didn't Marvel just use up his three most iconic villains in one film? Two of whom are now dead. I could see M'Baku having an expanded - possibly more villainous role - but an ambiguous villain - kind of like Loki or Bucky. You can work with W'Kabi too. But who else?

I would love to see Barkhad Abdi, Nonso Anozie and David Oyelowo in the MCU.

Marvel has done the long lost crazy relative villains thing a few times in their recent movies so it would also feel redundant if they did that gain with White Wolf.

Ego, Hela and Killmonger were enough.

You forgot Loki, Nebula, Thanos, Bucky, and Ultron kind of. . . .

I'm not familiar enough with BP's comic lore but didn't Marvel just use up his three most iconic villains in one film? Two of whom are now dead. I could see M'Baku having an expanded - possibly more villainous role - but an ambiguous villain - kind of like Loki or Bucky. You can work with W'Kabi too. But who else?

Well, Killmonger's schtick is that he keeps coming back from the dead and Klaw can always come back in his "sound form".

Well, Killmonger's schtick is that he keeps coming back from the dead and Klaw can always come back in his "sound form".

Well dang if that's true then BP is screwed - yikes. Non-undead Killmonger was bad enough.

I like the idea of sonic Klaw but I'm not sure if they set that up well enough in the films?

Well dang if that's true then BP is screwed - yikes. Non-undead Killmonger was bad enough.

I like the idea of sonic Klaw but I'm not sure if they set that up well enough in the films?

Those things are easy to walk back.

"Constant exposure to the Vibranium energy in Klaw's arm allowed his body to become composed of pure sound, yadda yadda yadda".

Eh they killed off klaw he honestly can stay dead imo.

I can actually see W'Kabi taking on the Hunter/white Wolf storylines from the comics (the 'White Wolf' moniker wouldn't apply obviously, but they ditched 'Man Ape' so...). I can see Bucky using the 'white wolf' name, but not the storylines, while W'Kabi could use the storylines but not the name...

In the comics Hunter is the white adoptive brother of T'Challa after his parents die in a plane crash. He's intensely pro-Wakanda, trying to show himself worthy, almost to a militant degree. In the Priest comics especially this is shown as at least partially overcompensation for being white.

W'Kabi also lost both his parents, and is referred to by T'Challa as 'brother' in the film. He's also extremely militant even before Killmonger shows up. A sequel could have him double down on this, trying to overcompensate for betraying T'Challa.

Hopefully we get fight scenes like this for the sequel.

[YT]2mqKd9uetEM[/YT]

I'm not familiar enough with BP's comic lore but didn't Marvel just use up his three most iconic villains in one film?

Nakia becomes a villain in the comics and uses the alias Malice. Not saying the films will go there, but that is a fourth villain BP introduced.

Her villain turn in the comics was horribly executed and intensely "iffy" though. Also given how she's characterized here, I have no desire to see her turn into a villain now.

Her villain turn in the comics was horribly executed and intensely "iffy" though. Also given how she's characterized here, I have no desire to see her turn into a villain now.

I've always thought that if I got the chance to write the Black Panther I'd turn her from a straight up villain to a "Femme Fatale", Catwoman-esque character.

I agree and disagree.

Her comic book turn to villainy was poor executed; She basically had a Fatal Attraction to T'Challa and went coo-coo.

However, she's been much better characterized in the film with her own agenda. Their dynamic was engaging. So I'd actually be more interested in some kind of turn in the films because it has far greater dramatic potential.

Perhaps not outright villainy but just antagonism between her and T'Challa could be a really interesting development in a sequel.

I'd find that boringly predictable myself. There's nothing wrong with just having a loving people be loving, and it's not like they'd never disagree.

I'm getting a little tired of the "hero vs. hero, characters being at each other's throats is automatically better storytelling" idea. It's been done so much recently that it's just boring. There's plenty of other "drama" to be had.

Also Marvel has done this with it's female characters a lot, and part of the reason why the ones in BP were so beloved is, they're NOT like that.

Namor
Moses Magnum
Madame Slay
Zenzi
Achebe

and any combinations thereof. No silly resurrections, definitely not twisting MCU Nakia into 616 Nakia. Bukcy is MCU White Wolf, let that ride, sorry Hunter.

Definitely up the fight choreography.

Would love to see more globetrotting as king, a royal wedding and T'Challa get to invent something.

Last edited:
Id like to see some tackling of the difficulties of trying to help people in countries that, for whatever reason, seem to refuse aid, or suffer from a seemingly impossible choice between instability and tyranny. If Wakandan walks on the world stage trying to be the ideal and altruistic superpower, it would still struggle to appropriately aid Syria.

So give me some kind of country that Wakandan can be trying to aid, and then have the struggles, backfires, and potential moral compromises take over the story. Since they own X-Men properties now, maybe import Madripoor over, and inject steroids into the portrayal of it as an unstable and unfair mess of a country. T'Challa and Nakia try to aid it and try to appoint a good leader, but the leader feels that allying with a deplorable faction is necessary to maintain order, or they Rey and conduct fair elections, only for the majority of the country to not believe their integrity and either not vote, or treat the election as mere political theater.

Maybe, if you want to play with the break between Nakia and T'Challa in the comics, have them find themselves gravitating towards different factions in an ongoing civil war. Maybe they legitimately become enemies, or maybe they wind up fighting each other's champions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"