The Winter Soldier Captain America: The Winter Soldier Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 2

What should we expect overseas going forward?

What should we expect overseas going forward?

I don´t know how it is in other countries, but where I am... the movie is in discount theaters, it is still making money, as I bet in many other countries, it still is, but that Box Office site, stops adding the figures of foreign markets at some point, only to update it much later at some point when the movie finished completely the run in theaters.

I saw this comment on another website...

"Sad times for Marvel Studios fans I guess.
X-Men is sitting at 500 million dollars after 2 weeks in theaters. Captain America the Winter Soldier was out for 3 months and it struggled to make it to 700 million dollars, which it barely did 2 weeks ago.
As of June 1, 2013, Amazing Spider-Man 2 is now 19 million dollars behind Winter Soldier and it's not slowing down. It has added 150 million dollars to its total after the Internet News community labeled it a box office failure. Think about this thing: Captain America the Winter Soldier had a month on Amazing Spider-Man 2 and it is barely ahead.
Considering how much **** Marvel Studios fans have thrown towards other studios over the last few weeks, it must feel terrible knowing that the rest of the world doesn't agree with you. You might be sick of Not Marvel Studios "ruining the characters," but you'll have to accept it. Marvel is never getting X-Men or Spider-Man back
."

I feel like this is an incredibly idiotic comment...does he have a point? What would y'all say to something like this?

Aside from being massively bitter about the MCU? The point is he doesn't understand box office or numbers. :word:

Agreed. I'm not too savvy with BO numbers and all, but I'm sure you good folks have the cold hard facts to dispel this fool.

yeah.. boooh
MCU execs are crying because Cap 2 had the biggest opening this year so far, and they are crying because it is their 3rd highest grossing of their MCU films in their worldwide box office.... :p

X-Men is sitting at 500 million dollars after 2 weeks in theaters. Captain America the Winter Soldier was out for 3 months and it struggled to make it to 700 million dollars, which it barely did 2 weeks ago.
As of June 1, 2013, Amazing Spider-Man 2 is now 19 million dollars behind Winter Soldier and it's not slowing down. It has added 150 million dollars to its total after the Internet News community labeled it a box office failure. Think about this thing: Captain America the Winter Soldier had a month on Amazing Spider-Man 2 and it is barely ahead.
Considering how much **** Marvel Studios fans have thrown towards other studios over the last few weeks, it must feel terrible knowing that the rest of the world doesn't agree with you. You might be sick of Not Marvel Studios "ruining the characters," but you'll have to accept it. Marvel is never getting X-Men or Spider-Man back
."

I feel like this is an incredibly idiotic comment...does he have a point? What would y'all say to something like this?

I watched Xmen DOFP twice...and Cap: TWS 3 times...and to me..although Xmen was the best Xmen movie out of all the movies...its not better than this Cap in my opinion.... TWS was written perfect..with MCU impact that will rock the universe.....and yeah...this guy...knows nothing about BO numbers

Aside from being massively bitter about the MCU? The point is he doesn't understand box office or numbers. :word:

Pretty much. He doent know what he's talking about and he's in for a rude awakening.

."

As of June 1, 2013, Amazing Spider-Man 2 is now 19 million dollars behind Winter Soldier and it's not slowing down.

Huh. Wait...what?! A DoFP kinda moment right there?

Haha anyone who believes TWS performed terribly or that TASM 2 is doing better is clearly insane. Add to the fact that TASM 2 is struggling to make it to $700 million, two weeks after people were claiming it would beat TWS to that number.

TWS did great & no amount of blind delusional hate will change that.

I'm rooting for it to take the crown as the highest grossing superhero film of 2014...how are its chances?

Domestically IMO it will be the top CBM grosser between Spidey and X-Men, on a WW basis though it will be close. As the foreign takes from X-Men and Spider-Man will make it all pretty close.

We don't know how GotG will go yet and IMO would be funny if it makes the most as that would have been a true Dark horse bet.

For some odd reason I could see GOTG taking that spot but it would only be if the film is insanely good & it has relatively weak or uninteresting competition so that more people will flock to see it.

."

It's fine...he'll soon understand. :o

."

stephen-a-smith-o.gif

I loved all the CBMs this year so far (yes even TASM2) but this guy has no clue what he's talking about.:whatever:

I'm rooting for it to take the crown as the highest grossing superhero film of 2014...how are its chances?

Amazing Spider-Man will overtake it worldwide, and DoFP might give it a run for it's money. It has the domestic crown in the bag though.

DOFP might overtake WW but ASM2 won't. It made $7,875,000 WW last weekend.

Domstic: $3.775m ($192,732,297)
O/S: $4.1m ($497,300,000)
WW: $690,032,297

It has at best $7-9m more left domestically. It loses China this week and looks to do about $5-6m more O/S. That's $12-15m. That takes it to at most $705m WW. If it all of a sudden develops insane legs and makes $5m more than that it would still end up behind CA2.

So, who's up for another round on the discount theater circuit? :woot:

TWS is playing at a theater near me that charges $4 for adults. Between the dollar theaters and double features it may be able to wring another bit of cash out of the domestic market. I'm planning to catch it again next week because I definitely need a morale boost. Heck, I might even see it tomorrow night if things play out just right. September is too long to wait to see Cap in action again. :hrt:

I wish there were still second run theaters in my area. :csad:

Closing in on LEGO for #1 Domestic and should be about $135,000 behind going into the w/e. But it's losing another 40% of theaters this weekend (down to 317) and might not pass LEGO this w/e unless LEGO starts to lose some of it's second run theaters.

Captain America: $68,841 ($128) $255,384,620 (62 days)
The LEGO Movie: $40,602 ($134) $255,548,520 (118 days)

Looks like $263 million domestic won't happen, but this was a great domestic run for Captain America.

I just want it to pass the Lego movie. If it doesn't do it this weekend, then it probably never will.

The only reason that people are loving DOFP because rarely in years before X:FC that X-men had a good film.

It's like watching a series that started as a bad taste but then improved throughout and became good at the finale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"