The Winter Soldier Captain America: The Winter Soldier Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 2

What are the chances that Cap holds off Spidey in the WW total? I know TASM2's coming up to $700 mill... is it a foregone conclusion that it will overtake CA:TWS' WW total? Too close to call at this point?

BOM hasn't added any OS grosses for a few weeks(since they're too small) so I'd bet it's WW gross is anywhere from $5-10M higher than that when those eventually get reported. It IS still playing in some places OS after all just as it still is playing here(though you'd probably have a hard time finding a theater near you that has it still).

Factor in we for sure have at least another $5M DOM to go over the next 2 months and it's heading for around a $725M WW finale'(give or take $5M).

What are the chances that Cap holds off Spidey in the WW total? I know TASM2's coming up to $700 mill... is it a foregone conclusion that it will overtake CA:TWS' WW total? Too close to call at this point?

I'd say it's around 50/50 still at this point.

It's showing at 1 theater in my area with 4 viewings daily. Regular theater

I could probably still find it in driving distance from my house but then I live in the LA metro area so there's probably a few hundred theaters to look through with in a 25 mile radius or so.

This thread has been a my daily stop down for so many months... I'm honestly a little melancholy about it finally winding down like this... I may have thread abandonment issues

This thread has been a my daily stop down for so many months... I'm honestly a little melancholy about it finally winding down like this... I may have thread abandonment issues
GOTG box office thread is a good place to move on (it's where most others from this thread have migrated). I understand the nostalgia though, especially surrounding a movie that was so good and performed so well, far beyond most people's expectations (mine included).

So Disney stopped reporting Cap's daily numbers and now TLM is #1 domestic again.

Only on that site is TLM #1. In actuality Cap2 is still is making money and is still #1.

Anyone have any info on why Disney stopped reporting the daily grosses?

They stopped early for IM3 & TDW as well - just reporting weekly totals after the w/e .

My guess is Disney makes so much money they can't be bother to count anything daily that amounts to less than a hundred grand. :o

They stopped early for IM3 & TDW as well - just reporting weekly totals after the w/e .

My guess is Disney makes so much money they can't be bother to count anything daily that amounts to less than a hundred grand. :o
Walt Disney's brain itself is counting the money, but since they had to download his consciousness onto 1960s computers, it takes even more space and time to process all of the calculations.

SQUEE!! Great for Cap!

So dollar discount theater runs should start soon, right? Maybe a small expansion around the 4th of July? A Cap fan can only hope…

Lego's #1 again it looks like, but it's really close. There's only about $50,000 separating them.

Come on Cap, lets put this Lego thing down

I'm super excited this looks like it will beat out the craptastic TASM2. Cap told Spidey he's on his left :)

The lego movie has insane legs..... how the F**K is it still making money ?

It opened at $70M and has a 3.7 multiplier... :wow:

The lego movie has insane legs..... how the F**K is it still making money ?

It opened at $70M and has a 3.7 multiplier... :wow:
Family movies often have great legs.

Looks like it added theaters, too, while TWS lost almost a hundred of them. But they're practically tied, there's only $4,000 between them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"