The Winter Soldier Captain America: The Winter Soldier Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 2

In other news, Cap2 yesterday officially caught back up with DoFP and began pulling ahead. DoFP was around $12M ahead of Cap2 as of the one week mark but now it only took another 7 days for that lead to evaporate.

I just want it to pass the Lego movie. If it doesn't do it this weekend, then it probably never will.

LEGO is in second run theaters and about to end it's run there with the DVD being released. CA2 will gets it turn in 2nd run theaters in about another month where it should do another $2-3m as LEGO did. But it might pass it this weekend if theater averages for both follow they same pace as they did last weekend even with the theater drop for CA2.

3 of the top 4 are cbm`s. Lol, fatigue or slowing down.

Great to see it on top!

Yeah, damn it if it didn't end up taking an extra 10 days to do it from what I had predicted because I hadn't for-seen TLM adding another 3 or 4 million after having been standing still for over a month. Oh well, same result, just later than I expected.

At this same point in it's run Thor2 added another $3M or so and Cap2 is still doing around double for it's day and date comparison. Might get as much as another $6M DOM added(once it's run in dollar theaters is added) which will put it ever so close to passing TASM1's DOM total.

It would be cool if it got a limited time re-release 4th of July weekend.

Nice to see this at the top box office for now, it deserves it.

I'm gonna be real ticked off if that mere $37K lead TWS has over TLM evaporates once the actuals come in and TLM regains the DOM #1 spot. Even though it's a lock of locks that TWS will eventually beat TLM DOM this last two weeks have seemed like the box office gods have been in a teasing mood.

My initial prediction was
1. TASM2
2. Cap 2
3. DOFP
4. GOTG

But now it's looking like Cap will take the top spot with TASM2 and DOFP ducking it out for second.

GotG is STILL the wild card.

BTW, that was my initial guess as well in the rankings.

GotG is STILL the wild card.

BTW, that was my initial guess as well in the rankings.
It's been getting quite a bit of exposure though. The trailer has been attached to every Marvel-affiliated movie I've seen this year so far, so I'd say they're doing a good job in reaching the target audience. Still, they're not as recognizable as the other staples, so I'd agree.

Kedrell your avy is triggering my PTSD from that scene. Can't even look at it.

I can't look at it either, and I don't even know where it came from.

Actuals are in, and it's official! TWS is now the #1 top grossing movie of the year so far:

CA:TWS $255,863,996
Lego $255,855,932

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"